The Student Room Group

AQA Geography A Unit 1 Tier Higher

Hi,
I am looking for the AQA Geography A Unit 1 Tier Higher (GCSE/FC - 40301H) grade boundaries, I have looked on the AQA website but can only find something that says it is out of 75, whereas on my sheet of paper it says I had 129 marks which is an A. Does anyone know the grade boundary for an A* for this.

Also overall for Geography I got 129 (A - in Unit 1 Higher), 143 (A* - in Unit 2 Higher) and then 79 (B - in Unit 3 which I think is coursework), if I were to resit unit 1 would it be possible to get an overall score of an A* or is that not possible with such a crap c/w grade. I.e what is the overall grade boundaries.
Thanks
Rhys
Reply 1
I think they doubled the marks i.e from out of 75 to out of 150.
Reply 2
Thanks, but how do they calculate the boundaries, because they cant just double the boundaries. I.e out of 75 to get an A you have to get an A* you need to get 49, and if you double that you get 98 and I got 129 marks but only got an A :frown:
Reply 3
must be ums marks then
and A*is 135 xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
look here if you don't know raw mark, put something rough as you will be able to see all the marks and you should be able to find your mark.

If you look here UMS is explained

I think it will be very tough for you to get an A*, near on impossible. I would say stick with where you are as from your other A* you would get an A, but not an A*.

the raw marks for your unit 1 is 46
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending