The Student Room Group

Aqa GCSE PE UNIT 3 EXAM

The exam for me seemed pretty straight forward, then when it came to results day I ended up with an E, but I came out with an A* in the Unit 4. This is really suprising as I was hoping for at least an A overall but came out with a B, anyone have a similar problem with this exam?! Im doing the Level 3 Btec Sports Diploma in college alongside A Level Law because Im stuck between Physiotherapy and Law, could someone also help me with this issue aswell, could I just continue Law next year and not drop it or will it be too much, dont question whether i have motivation because I would continue it even if it was harder work. Thanks.
Reply 1
I walked into the Exam with a D and walked out with a D.
wth

same happened with my english, I walked in with a C, and came back out with a C.

Try going for a re-mark, as that's what i'm doing
I think a lot of people found this exam easy but came out with low marks.

From what I can see they were looking for really specific answers. Did you do the practice papers and mark them?
Original post by TaylorGang_4
The exam for me seemed pretty straight forward, then when it came to results day I ended up with an E, but I came out with an A* in the Unit 4. This is really suprising as I was hoping for at least an A overall but came out with a B, anyone have a similar problem with this exam?! Im doing the Level 3 Btec Sports Diploma in college alongside A Level Law because Im stuck between Physiotherapy and Law, could someone also help me with this issue aswell, could I just continue Law next year and not drop it or will it be too much, dont question whether i have motivation because I would continue it even if it was harder work. Thanks.

This is such bull****. I mean this was the easiest exam i had walked in and i got a D?!?!

I had an A from practical/coursework coming into the exam. This is nationwide...I think. Everyone i talked to had the same problem!
And no...it was not just about they wanted specific answers.... Ofcourse they were looking for specific answers but this is something different since i had nearlly full marks on my mocks!
Reply 4
Original post by Greensleeves
I think a lot of people found this exam easy but came out with low marks.

From what I can see they were looking for really specific answers. Did you do the practice papers and mark them?

Yes.
i got B's most of the time, and A's on occasions.
Original post by bottled
Yes.
i got B's most of the time, and A's on occasions.

Perhaps get a copy of your answers from AQA and discuss with your teacher before going for full re-mark?

My son got an A in the exam and A* in practical.

However, he took the dual award and got a C in Unit 5. Does seem a little strange for it drop so much.

He had the option of taking A* overall for single award or AA for dual award.
Reply 6
Original post by Greensleeves
Perhaps get a copy of your answers from AQA and discuss with your teacher before going for full re-mark?

My son got an A in the exam and A* in practical.

However, he took the dual award and got a C in Unit 5. Does seem a little strange for it drop so much.

He had the option of taking A* overall for single award or AA for dual award.

How would i go about doing that?
Original post by bottled
How would i go about doing that?

Speak to your school's exam officer. It's cheaper than getting the paper re-marked. I got a script on OCR and it was £6.

Do it as soon as you can and then you should have time to decide whether you want to go for a full re-mark.
Reply 8
How long would it take for it to get here, because the school i used to go to is closed till september
Original post by bottled
How long would it take for it to get here, because the school i used to go to is closed till september

Not sure but the exams officer may be there. Try ringing the school on Tuesday.
Reply 10
Alright, Thank you very much.

I need these grades, and it seems like this thing happened to me in english too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending