The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, why not?
a cult of sorts. We'll take control of the army first as well as the fire brigade as we always need the back up. Then we'll target No.10 d.street and someone else can come up with the ideas of ruling the country. I'll just be the spokesperson.
I think u should run away with the circus and become a clown
Reply 22
TELEPATHICTUBBY
no not anymore, i've got enough money now i think to live my life comfortably it's just i want a vocation. You all maybe don't know what i mean, You all know what you want to do right?

earn lots of money. then travel. i don't think i'll start working until i've at least visited each capital city. and eaten in each michelin starred restaurant. and travelled upper class on each airline. write a book on travelling the world in the lap of luxury.
amexblack
earn lots of money. then travel. i don't think i'll start working until i've at least visited each capital city. and eaten in each michelin starred restaurant. and travelled upper class on each airline. write a book on travelling the world in the lap of luxury.

My god, that photo is huge.
Reply 24
woahhhh man! chill out with the sig!
Reply 25
Someone is obsessed
Reply 26
I sympathise about work being boring. I was sitting in front of a computer from about 10 till 5 today without anything to eat or drink or even a break, not having a clue what i was doing on the computer and phoning up my boss in his office every 15 minutes or so. I've had it with computers, the only thing they're good for is chatting/downloading music,films, games and that's it.

How much longer do you intend to do it on your gap year for? I'm sort of in the same position as you, on a gap year, in a job i hate although i don't have access to UKL at work any more, they banned me.
G4ry
I sympathise about work being boring. I was sitting in front of a computer from about 10 till 5 today without anything to eat or drink or even a break, not having a clue what i was doing on the computer and phoning up my boss in his office every 15 minutes or so. I've had it with computers, the only thing they're good for is chatting/downloading music,films, games and that's it.

How much longer do you intend to do it on your gap year for? I'm sort of in the same position as you, on a gap year, in a job i hate although i don't have access to UKL at work any more, they banned me.

I don't know really i mean i'm on a 2nd gap year so i need to go uni this year or i probably won't end up going. I think i definitely need the money if i go to uni but i just think maybe i should just pack it all up and go and do something more constructive. Just haven't figured what.
Reply 28
What are your A level/AVCE grades like? What interests you?
Well, my grades could have been better, I don't know what my interests are but that is one of the questions i've been seriously asking myself these days. But I just find this a really difficult question to answer. Do you have a clue as to what you want to do?
Reply 30
I'm going to Leeds to study Economics and Management in September. I can't really say i'm looking forward to it though.
Leeds is a good uni, and at least you've got a good place. But i see what you mean it's still difficult to know if you're making the right decision. Well all I can say is I wish you well mate.
G4ry
I'm going to Leeds to study Economics and Management in September. I can't really say i'm looking forward to it though.

What's wrong with Leeds? I would have applied, but i don't want to be too far away from London. Someone help me decide KCL OR Reading for english lit?
Reply 33
G4ry

i'm going to Leeds in Sept (hopefully) why aren't you looking forwaard to it? I haven't visited it yet - I'm going on the 3rd March to the open day :biggrin:
Reply 34
It's the course i'm not that interested in. Economics doesn't really excite me enough to commit to it for 3/4 years. Enough about me, this thread's not about me.

Are you not interested/good at anything particular? There must be something you like...
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Any tips for getting off my arse and doing something worthwhile with my life?
I'm sitting here at work at a counter (customer services) and am bored out my mind! I'm doing the work i have to do but my life just seems pretty empty, do you know what I mean? I finish work at 10pm ish and that's fine. I enjoy the money I get but I'm just thinkig that there's got to be more to life.

if i were u i'd go to uni to piss about and stuff - get drunk have a good time etc. Also u will probably get a more interesting and better job in the end as well. Suppose some studing would have to be done along the way as well though.
iiikewldude
if i were u i'd go to uni to piss about and stuff - get drunk have a good time etc. Also u will probably get a more interesting and better job in the end as well. Suppose some studing would have to be done along the way as well though.

Yes mate a while ago I would have agreed with you there, but I've done that and got the T-shirt. I'm just thinking there must be more to life
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Yes mate a while ago I would have agreed with you there, but I've done that and got the T-shirt. I'm just thinking there must be more to life

fair enough.
Reply 38
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Any tips for getting off my arse and doing something worthwhile with my life?
I'm sitting here at work at a counter (customer services) and am bored out my mind! I'm doing the work i have to do but my life just seems pretty empty, do you know what I mean? I finish work at 10pm ish and that's fine. I enjoy the money I get but I'm just thinkig that there's got to be more to life.

why don't you go on a date?that'd get u motivated.then u can look at other parts of ur life :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read "Make Lemonade".
That book changed my life.
Or study WWI, a tragically neglected war.

Latest

Trending

Trending