The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

My KD has rised from 1.58 to 1.61 since I started using the MP7. My KD with that gun is 1.8 I think. What a weapon.

That doesn't sound like much of a difference, but it takes a lot to get a change in my KD now.
Original post by mau5
It's the MSR, it's the last one you unlock but easily the best imo. The proficiencies are mainly worthless on the snipers though, speed is probably the best one but you unlock it last iirc.

Auto aim is on all FPS games on consoles, it's basically to make up for the lack of accuracy you get from a joystick that you can get on keyboard and mouse. Gears 3 implemented pretty big auto aim on the casual mode this time, that's why it was so easy to get no scope headshots with the longshot etc and more difficult once you advance.

I see. I was under the impression that some people were quickscoping because I had someone be very, very quick in Mission around the corners middle section. Looks like I'll have to make a custom class for the MSR. The only snipers I have used are the Draganov and the Barrett .50. The Barrett I picked up from a fallen player when I ran out of ammo on Outpost and I used it on a sniper in that building that has barrels near one opening. Felt a bit embarrassed tbh. :tongue:
Original post by original_username
My KD has rised from 1.58 to 1.61 since I started using the MP7. My KD with that gun is 1.8 I think. What a weapon.

That doesn't sound like much of a difference, but it takes a lot to get a change in my KD now.

My first 1000 kills and deaths have massivly affected my KD ratio. But i think im doing well for a non cod player. Its certainly a lot better now. Im normally in the top 1/3 in most games.
Original post by Sam Walters
My first 1000 kills and deaths have massivly affected my KD ratio. But i think im doing well for a non cod player. Its certainly a lot better now. Im normally in the top 1/3 in most games.

I regularly finish top of the leaderboard in the lobbies I find myself in so I think I'm above average. This is my best COD in terms of KD I think. I think that's just because it's easier though. Looking at people on my friends list everyone seems to have a better KD in this game than on BlOps.
It really is as bad as I say. Its highlighted for me possibly because im a pc gamer.

Maybe it is highlighted for you as a PC player but it really can't be as bad as you say since that's not it works. Single player has auto aim, multiplayer has aim assist.
I have "Elited". I hope the new maps are good. I think I have a better KD on Blops than on MW3 tbh.

Is it me or do a lot of players take down Pave Lows but allow Attack Helicopters just to stay there? My Attack Helicopters still get more kills than a Pave Low. Bitch took it down in HardHat but I killed him in the winning killcam. :biggrin: I swear the random care packages help increase the leading team's advantage, although I've benefited from this on HardHat - Pave Low, Precision Airstrike, and a Sentry Gun. On Arkaden I was getting UAVs and IMSs all the time. :rolleyes:

Tried the MSR on Interchange and I can't get along with it. Don't know why.
Reply 2246
Original post by original_username
Looking at people on my friends list everyone seems to have a better KD in this game than on BlOps.

Except me :biggrin: I have a 2.21 on Black Ops and just cutting a 2 on this game....
My KD on Black Ops is 1.7 - 1.8. On MW3 after around 47k kills it's 2.64.
Original post by AugustWestie
Maybe it is highlighted for you as a PC player but it really can't be as bad as you say since that's not it works. Single player has auto aim, multiplayer has aim assist.

It will literally move you around by 20 degree even if you let go of the right thumbstick
It will literally move you around by 20 degree even if you let go of the right thumbstick

I think something is wrong with your controller.

Yeah, that happens if someone walks through your crosshairs.

If you aim near someone, your aim won't just instantly snap on to them, and if you aim at someone's head it won't go automatically go to their chest, both of which you implied.
My KD on MW3 is 2.4, CoD 4 is hovering around 3
Reply 2252
KD on BO was 2.29 and on MW3 is 2.34(decreasing now, since trying to get gold camo's)

I--Really--Want--To--Get--100--Kills :redface: but now I don't even get close to it :frown:

btw, Javelin is urghhhhh!
Original post by jit987
btw, Javelin is urghhhhh!

I always use the Stinger. :smile:
Yeah, that happens if someone walks through your crosshairs.

If you aim near someone, your aim won't just instantly snap on to them, and if you aim at someone's head it won't go automatically go to their chest, both of which you implied.

It does. It locks onto a diffrent part of the body. Ive had it happen many a time its resulted in me swearing lots. Or perhaps what your saying is im clipping the hit box for the body on the way up and its dragging into that while im trying to go for the head. Eitherway, the most annoying thing in the world.

Simply put.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrvbNFijq0&feature=related

Watch that and tell me its not ott.
Reply 2255
My idea was to throw the knife to the guy I tried to shoot but aim assist made it go completely different way.

If you didnt want to shoot, why did you press the shoot button? what has aim assist got to do with it? :s-smilie:
Original post by jit987
If you didnt want to shoot, why did you press the shoot button? what has aim assist got to do with it? :s-smilie:

Its not my video but it highlights what im on about.

Hes aiming at a guy infront of him. Fires a shot misses goes to follow it up with the throwing knife, but instead his aim snaps 90 degree to his right as he throws it.
It does. It locks onto a diffrent part of the body. Ive had it happen many a time its resulted in me swearing lots. Or perhaps what your saying is im clipping the hit box for the body on the way up and its dragging into that while im trying to go for the head. Eitherway, the most annoying thing in the world.

Simply put.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrvbNFijq0&feature=related

Watch that and tell me its not ott.

It is OTT and it can be very annoying, just like when a guy drops right in front of you and suddenly you're looking at the floor. :biggrin: But that is exactly how I described aim assist. The game picks a target and tries to stick your aim on them. It doesn't do anything unless someone crosses your path and it doesn't alter whereabouts you're aiming at them. All it does is follow the guy you're aiming at, or whoever happens to walk past (like the guy in the video). :tongue:

Edit: It followed the guy 90 degrees to the right in the video rather than just snapping right there.
(edited 12 years ago)
It is OTT and it can be very annoying, just like when a guy drops right in front of you and suddenly you're looking at the floor. :biggrin: But that is exactly how I described aim assist. The game picks a target and tries to stick your aim on them. It doesn't do anything unless someone crosses your path and it doesn't alter whereabouts you're aiming at them. All it does is follow the guy you're aiming at, or whoever happens to walk past (like the guy in the video). :tongue:

Edit: It followed the guy 90 degrees to the right in the video rather than just snapping right there.

Either way, It should be removed. Or at least an option to turn it off.
Either way, It should be removed. Or at least an option to turn it off.

Well there probably will be in the next COD game since Treyarch put the option in Black Ops. :tongue: And like I said before, if you turn it off, you'll only turn it back on again a couple of games later. It helps more than you realise.

Quick Reply

Latest