Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Modern Warfare 3 society

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for round two of the Game of the Year Award! 28-11-2014
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
  • View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Call of duty MW3?
    Yes
    55.46%
    No
    25.68%
    I don't have it
    18.85%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    oh me oh my, the four maps came out for ps3 non-elite members today.

probably the worst map pack of any cod game, unless you're a sniper.

terrible (piazza is ok).

edit: £11.49 for four maps is hilarious btw.
    What's even more hilarious is that you probably still have to pay that kind of price for the COD4/WAW/MW2/BO map packs.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    What's even more hilarious is that you probably still have to pay that kind of price for the COD4/WAW/MW2/BO map packs.
    I looked a couple of weeks ago for the WAW map packs, about £10 each.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit123)
    The hit detection was pretty shambolic on BO - just hope they make the gameplay feel more smoother (something similar to MW2).
    Good games last night Jeet too
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    It was pretty fun - although 3 v 3 would be more interesting in snd.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Hello, I was crap :p:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    That's why I haven't bought any ones from COD4 and WaW, especially given how often I end up being placed in modded lobbies. Should start playing again. :cool:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Hello, I was crap :p:
    I will take some of the blame

(Ok, most of it...)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why is team deathmatch so hard compared to free for all?
    Has anyone got any tips - on free for all I'm quite good and usually get a K/D of 2 at the end of each game, and I've got a 29 kill streak but on team deathmatch I've got about 1000 kills and I've literally never got more than 3 kills in a row, even when I put on assassin pro and camp then someone just knows where I am and jumps out and kills me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    Has anyone got any tips - on free for all I'm quite good and usually get a K/D of 2 at the end of each game, and I've got a 29 kill streak but on team deathmatch I've got about 1000 kills and I've literally never got more than 3 kills in a row, even when I put on assassin pro and camp then someone just knows where I am and jumps out and kills me.
    Because you are a camper
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE:
    Apparently the release date of the trailer has been changed to the beginning of May, either the 1st or 3rd but still not sure. I love MW3 despite it's flaws, and I find Black Ops easier nowadays too, I just hope Black Ops 2 will have a sick campaign and that it isn't just for people who can't play well ¬_¬ lag comp my arse
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    i will probably* still get black ops even after the sheer dissapointment of modern warfare 3. I most defiantley will NOT be buyign elite or any dlc to start with for sure

*the game engine defs needs a lot of tweaking and the sound needs a massive improvement from black ops 1!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll get the new COD as I always do but definitely no DLC. I haven't bought for MW3 and I plan on keeping it that way. I really hope it has decent hit detection, no bull**** last stand/final stand/dead mans hand, and not as noob friendly as recent games have increasingly gotten.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I do get Black Ops 2 I won't be renewing my Elite subscription either. I haven't even downloaded any of the MW3 maps yet.

I agree with jermaindefoe about the engine. Overall Black Ops wasn't that bad, despite Ghost and Second Chance, but the hit detection was crap and then sound was rubbish as well.

I wonder what the May 1st reveal will actually be. I'm guessing it will be a short trailer mostly regarding the single player, with a short multiplayer teaser on the end. They'll probably have a separate event for the multiplayer reveal like they did for Black Ops.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    Do you play with anyone on your friend's list? SitRep Pro and Quickdraw Pro should help. Do you use extended magazines too? I'll be getting them for the MK14 some time this year. :rolleyes:
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    1) Know where your enemies are.
    2) If there's one, there's probably two.
    3) Check your 6
    4) Stick to the edge of maps if you want kill streaks
    5) Know your choke points
    6) Unless you win gun battles 75%+ of the time, keep moving.

That's the main points for me when playing CoD. I particularly like to flank the enemy where possible, especially with a silenced weapon near to where they spawn My fave place for this in all CoDs is Derail, especially my team are attack West > East.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Second chance wasn't that bad. It would only screw you over if there were 2 or so of them together and you move straight onto the next guy after putting the caps in the second chance bitch.

I have only ever bought one DLC. There been anything said about dedicated servers? If the dedicated servers are a no go they have to move back to host advantage rather than lag compensation, I have never raged so much as in this COD. If you have bad internet you don't feel hard done by if someone with a better connection to the host kills you, if you're beat by someone with worse internet than you it's a bitter pill to swallow.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Derail
    Derail :coma: That, wasteland and Afghan were so good for raining down kill streaks on fools.

(Original post by original_username)
    Second chance wasn't that bad. It would only screw you over if there were 2 or so of them together and you move straight onto the next guy after putting the caps in the second chance bitch.
    Use shotguns more often, then your opinion will change
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Derail :coma: That, wasteland and Afghan were so good for raining down kill streaks on fools.

Use shotguns more often, then your opinion will change
    Treyarch actually released an update to Black Ops that allowed shotguns to bypass Second Chance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Do you play with anyone on your friend's list? SitRep Pro and Quickdraw Pro should help. Do you use extended magazines too? I'll be getting them for the MK14 some time this year. :rolleyes:
    I don't get why extended mags are so popular - what is the point?
    I want sitrep pro but it's taking ages to get D:<
    Is quickdraw actually useful - why not just start shooting from the hip - or is it just the pro part which is good?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    www.callofduty.com now has a link to this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.