The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

Second chance wasn't that bad. It would only screw you over if there were 2 or so of them together and you move straight onto the next guy after putting the caps in the second chance bitch.

I have only ever bought one DLC. There been anything said about dedicated servers? If the dedicated servers are a no go they have to move back to host advantage rather than lag compensation, I have never raged so much as in this COD. If you have bad internet you don't feel hard done by if someone with a better connection to the host kills you, if you're beat by someone with worse internet than you it's a bitter pill to swallow.
Original post by mikeyd85
Derail

Derail :coma: That, wasteland and Afghan were so good for raining down kill streaks on fools.

Original post by original_username
Second chance wasn't that bad. It would only screw you over if there were 2 or so of them together and you move straight onto the next guy after putting the caps in the second chance bitch.

Use shotguns more often, then your opinion will change :wink:
Original post by Tokyoround
Derail :coma: That, wasteland and Afghan were so good for raining down kill streaks on fools.

Use shotguns more often, then your opinion will change :wink:

Treyarch actually released an update to Black Ops that allowed shotguns to bypass Second Chance.
Reply 3143
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Do you play with anyone on your friend's list? SitRep Pro and Quickdraw Pro should help. Do you use extended magazines too? I'll be getting them for the MK14 some time this year. :rolleyes:

I don't get why extended mags are so popular - what is the point? :s-smilie:
I want sitrep pro but it's taking ages to get D:<
Is quickdraw actually useful - why not just start shooting from the hip - or is it just the pro part which is good?
Original post by AugustWestie
Treyarch actually released an update to Black Ops that allowed shotguns to bypass Second Chance.

Woah you serious?? That's great if they did. I didn't get to play the whole life of Black Ops as my PS3 died in February last year, I must have missed that!
Reply 3146

RC drone? :p:
Original post by beelz
I don't get why extended mags are so popular - what is the point? :s-smilie:
I want sitrep pro but it's taking ages to get D:<
Is quickdraw actually useful - why not just start shooting from the hip - or is it just the pro part which is good?

Quickdraw Pro helps you aim down the sites a lot quicker so it's handy for a 1 v 1 situation. I use it with both assault rifles and SMGs as I use claymores and portable radars for my equipments. Handy for ambushing a sprinting shotgun user coming my way.

SitRep Pro is good but it's not totally magical because of the quality of the sound from the game. I use good headsets and sometimes depending on the map it's not always definitive where an incoming enemy is coming from. If you don't have the Pro version, it's still handy for spotting trophy systems from campers, or those using it as a contingency plan when calling in a crate award.

Extended magazines are handy depending on how comfortable you are with using killed players' guns. I've picked up some guns with stupid attachments, presumably for those who are after specific XP, and it can hamper my performance. I picked up an SMG with thermal scope on Mission once. :rolleyes: Also, if you run and gun aggressively or get a lot of kills in a short space of time it means fewer times to reload saving the need for Sleight of Hand possibly. I ran out of ammo when I was on a killstreak of 10 in Village (I hadn't unlocked extended magazines by then) and there were two oblivious enemies nearby. They spawned near the oil tanker and I was located in the metal 'shack' opposite. I shot them both but did not have the bullets to kill them and I'd have unlocked the AC-130 if I had extended magazines. But I got killed from someone behind them so may be if he wasn't there I could have ran and stabbed them anyway. I was going to take enemy player 9's gun after knifing him but he had the Martydom deathstreak so I ran away and the spawned enemies were too close to run back for the gun, and it could have been a sniper rifle too, meaning even less time to adjust sensitivity settings if required. Would be nice if there an option to make it automatic.

You could use Scavenger Pro along with extended magazines too. I always have Blind Eye Pro but at the beginning of the matches you could use Scavenger Pro. There's a small chance someone could fluke a Pave Low or an AC-130 with a care package but probably not enough to worry about, especially if you're on Dome. Scavenger Pro and extended magazines on the MP7 gives you 360 bullets by the way. :cool:
Reply 3148

I told you so :awesome:
Original post by kuks
I told you so :awesome:

You did. :tongue:

Anyone fancy setting up a Black Ops 2 society? Judging from the OP in this thread there's plenty of neg rep in it for you. :lol:
You did. :tongue:

Anyone fancy setting up a Black Ops 2 society? Judging from the OP in this thread there's plenty of neg rep in it for you. :lol:

im out :biggrin:
Reply 3151
Original post by beelz
Why is team deathmatch so hard compared to free for all? :frown:
Has anyone got any tips - on free for all I'm quite good and usually get a K/D of 2 at the end of each game, and I've got a 29 kill streak but on team deathmatch I've got about 1000 kills and I've literally never got more than 3 kills in a row, even when I put on assassin pro and camp then someone just knows where I am and jumps out and kills me.

TDM on the MW3 has the worst spawn system I've ever encountered on a COD game, I think that's the only reason it might seem 'hard' as the spawns constantly **** you over. It's not like FFA where the bad spawn system actually gives you an advantage as you can easily manipulate and abuse them.
Is the RSASS acog the new noob weapon of choice? Played a bit the past 2 days and theres been at least one bumwipe with it.
Just had a look at my rep on xbox, seems 60% of people would rather avoid me, for unsporting behaviour and trash talk lol. I never wear a headset and when I do I'm in private chat with friends, and I'm not a camper, or some qscope maniac ruining the game for everyone else trying to get a 360 one shot kill to put on my montage. People must be butt hurt when I have good games (which is rare).
Hey, I've got a quick question concerning survival mode on modern warfare 3. I know you can play co-op, but can you play online with friends as well? And is there a limit of how many people can be in the party? (Just wondering whether it's anything like zombies).

Reply 3155
Original post by MedicalMayhem
Hey, I've got a quick question concerning survival mode on modern warfare 3. I know you can play co-op, but can you play online with friends as well? And is there a limit of how many people can be in the party? (Just wondering whether it's anything like zombies).

1) You can play online with your friends - just set up a private match.

2) 2 is the max. no. of people in a party which kinda sucks :mad:

Anyone on PS3 want to do some private matches or something tonight?

Maybe some other time...possibly on the weekend. We just need a few more players though to make things more interesting... what happened to all the "clan members" we had???
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by moonkatt
Just had a look at my rep on xbox, seems 60% of people would rather avoid me, for unsporting behaviour and trash talk lol. I never wear a headset and when I do I'm in private chat with friends, and I'm not a camper, or some qscope maniac ruining the game for everyone else trying to get a 360 one shot kill to put on my montage. People must be butt hurt when I have good games (which is rare).

Wouldn't worry. Think I annoyed two people when I was talking to someone on here that there's a sizeable number of players who play MW3 who are amazingly sore losers and you never got that in Black Ops, not the extent that MW3 has and that provoked someone. If he didn't kept moaning about enemy getting EMP so he couldn't call in his care package in a previous match, having died 18 times, then I wouldn't have bothered saying anything. I've had people add me as friends after topping the leaderboard a few times so may be it's not all bad.
Reply 3157
Does the Rep even have any effect? Can't say I've ever used for anyone but I've got 69% avoided. :emo:
That sucks ¬_¬ if we had rep on the ps3 I reckon mine would be kinda crappy.. I get hate mail from time to time about how it's not fair and that they should win because I'm a girl.. :mad: these ppl lack logic ¬_¬ Hopefully we'll get less sore losers playing BO2.. or we could just carry on smashing them! :colone:
Original post by mau5
Does the Rep even have any effect? Can't say I've ever used for anyone but I've got 69% avoided. :emo:

I think it just avoids putting you in the same lobby as the person who gave you bad rep. I couldn't give two ****s about mine either, I was just a bit curious as to how I had annoyed someone. I suppose people get pissed off when you kill them, you know, like youre supposed to in the game. Perhaps I should show mercy and let them live to kill me.

or not. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest