Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Modern Warfare 3 society

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
  • View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Call of duty MW3?
    Yes
    55.46%
    No
    25.68%
    I don't have it
    18.85%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    I didn't see the problem with using tac insertions on FFA until I came across a lobby with two players who had SIL3NT in their IDs which I thought was weird. With not even a minute of the game played, the leader had already got 10 kills. When I checked the scoreboard, one of the SIL3NTS was 10-0 and the other was 0-10. Didn't take me long to figure out what they were doing. IW should disable it ASAP.
    Oh, thank God for that.

Booster hunting was one of the highlights of MW2 FFA once I'd dialled nearly every possible boosting spot on every map.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Oh, thank God for that.

Booster hunting was one of the highlights of MW2 FFA once I'd dialled nearly every possible boosting spot on every map.
    I loved doing that. Silenced UMP, Marathon, Cold Blooded, Ninja, C4, RPG's. :sexface:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    I loved doing that. Silenced UMP, Marathon, Cold Blooded, Ninja, C4, RPG's. :sexface:
    I always ran with Silenct TAR-21, M, CB, Ninja, flashbangs and throwing knife. Stingers to kill any air support because there's no doubt that if they got a harrier or pave low, nobody else would bother taking it down and they'd all have SP equipped.

I always figured I'd get something out of the boosters and would flash -> kill boosters -> camp TI and get another free kill at their expense.

Bonus points when both of them are using TIs or there are 3+ boosters.

I also milked the What the? challenge out of that too, or whatever the challenge is where you throwing knife someone when blinded with a flash.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always ran with Silenct TAR-21, M, CB, Ninja, flashbangs and throwing knife. Stingers to kill any air support because there's no doubt that if they got a harrier or pave low, nobody else would bother taking it down and they'd all have SP equipped.

I always figured I'd get something out of the boosters and would flash -> kill boosters -> camp TI and get another free kill at their expense.

Bonus points when both of them are using TIs or there are 3+ boosters.

I also milked the What the? challenge out of that too, or whatever the challenge is where you throwing knife someone when blinded with a flash.
    Nothing better than running in with an RPG then C4ing them when they respawn.

Its even better when they send you rage mail and they quit, and then you keep joining their games and doing it again.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Nothing better than running in with an RPG then C4ing them when they respawn.

Its even better when they send you rage mail and they quit, and then you keep joining their games and doing it again.
    See, when I started, I used C4 and RPGs because of that booster hunting video, but I always found that you'd end up destroying their TIs if you used it initially and I'd rather just shoot (or throwing knife) them afterwards because of the whole air support thing.

But yeah, I loved getting their rage mail. I never got how anyone could get any enjoyment out of it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Yep. FFA was fine in Black Ops so I don't know why they decided to put it back in this game. They said they were working on other measures to prevent boosting. You'd think 2 years since the last game would be long enough to come up with something.
    How is there any way to stop it other than taking out TI's in that game type. If treyarch can do it then so can IW.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really have to stop playing MW3 after a few rounds of BF3. I always have a bad round or two adjusting from the fast pace of BF3 to the slower pace of MW3.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Running support in FFA before and there was always some pisschugger at the bottom of the board shooting down my ospreys before they had the chance to drop any packages, happened 5/6 games in a row. :mad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really have to stop playing MW3 after a few rounds of BF3. I always have a bad round or two adjusting from the fast pace of BF3 to the slower pace of MW3.
    I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?:confused:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    New update..

Y U NO fix the Stealth bomber glitch?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    New update..

Y U NO fix the Stealth bomber glitch?
    Was that today?
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    Almost got my first quad feed with a sniper today, wasn't quite quick enough ):
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was that today?
    It was the one from yesterday, but didn't notice until I was playing some domination before and kept dying to them again.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ Nice.

I picked up the first LMG yesterday off the floor and got 6 kills with a quad feed in about 15 seconds. Thought that I'd try the LMG's more but having tried to play with them I can't understand why they are so underpowered. Every other class of weapon is OP but the LMG's under perform constantly in every type of gunfight.

If you don't use a type 95 in this game you get pwned by one constantly. Doing my head in.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    ^ Nice.

I picked up the first LMG yesterday off the floor and got 6 kills with a quad feed in about 15 seconds. Thought that I'd try the LMG's more but having tried to play with them I can't understand why they are so underpowered. Every other class of weapon is OP but the LMG's under perform constantly in every type of gunfight.

If you don't use a type 95 in this game you get pwned by one constantly. Doing my head in.
    In previous COD games LMGs have had big magazines and no/very little damage drop off at range. This was made up for with slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement. Now they still have the slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement, but now they're **** at range, which makes them **** at all ranges because of the slow ADS.

They definitely need a buff, and the Type 95 needs the opposite...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    In previous COD games LMGs have had big magazines and no/very little damage drop off at range. This was made up for with slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement. Now they still have the slow reloads, slow ADS and sluggish movement, but now they're **** at range, which makes them **** at all ranges because of the slow ADS.

They definitely need a buff, and the Type 95 needs the opposite...
    Yeah its shocking, I will see someone at distance, shoot the **** out of them get a tonne of hit markers then they will turn and kill me in one burst on their 95.

Leads to rage quit.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding the matchmaking is quicker. Was really annoying me.

Started playing a bit of FFA, finding it pretty decent for getting better at the game. Sick of trusting my team mates, I swear COD is played by absolute idiots.

Also, question. How long did it take you guys who can snipe to learn? I fancy learning, one major element missing from my game, but I currently suck. Any tips for learning?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Also, question. How long did it take you guys who can snipe to learn? I fancy learning, one major element missing from my game, but I currently suck. Any tips for learning?
    Increase your sensitivity when using a sniper. Means you can move your scope onto the target quicker.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone up for the custom games today? We need about 8 so

(Original post by original_username)
    x

(Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    x

x

(Original post by jit987)
    x

(Original post by Charzhino)
    x

Are you lot up for it? I've not quoted the xbox guys because well you'll are on Xbox :p:

ANy other PS3 guys are welcome
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What time? I'd like to try them out

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.