The Student Room Group

What should I choose at AS for Accounting?

I want to be an accountant, I'm planning to do these courses but my final enrolment is in a week so i can change them
Math ( Mechanics)
Physics
Accounting
Business studies
I don't know whether to change the business studies to economics, which one would be better?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

if you can handle it, economics is much better respected than business, and less repetitive as well! maths is certainly a good choice.
Reply 2
Original post by J_W-x
I want to be an accountant, I'm planning to do these courses but my final enrolment is in a week so i can change them
Math ( Mechanics)
Physics
Accounting
Business studies
I don't know whether to change the business studies to economics, which one would be better?

I got AAAA in my AS and studying

Accounting
Maths
ICT
Economics

The BIGGEST advice,depending on your GCSE's and capability, would be that you should definitely choose economics

I went to enrole with 2 of my other mates all intending to do business. Ended up doing economics which is the best choice I have made as a student I feel.
I asked the teacher to enrole me for business and she said OK. She looked at my grades and talked to me and told me to choose eco, even though she was a business teacher!!!

I now understand why because my class has clever students which allows the techer to teach at the highest level or to say. Also eco is sooooo highly regarded compared to business. Even though it is harder I enjoy it the most from all of my A Levels.

I would say do

Maths(mechanics)
Physics
Accounting
Economics

This will give you an advantage over others. Please rate. Thanks
Reply 3
Do Maths, Accounting, Economics and either Further maths or Physics. You don't need
business studies, it's not really that fun in my honest opinion :P
Reply 4
Original post by J_W-x
Math ( Mechanics)
Physics
Accounting
Business studies

Thanks for the rating. Hope all goes well. Can i ask that if you get the results you want where do you want to study (uni)
Reply 5
Original post by ...mo...
Thanks for the rating. Hope all goes well. Can i ask that if you get the results you want where do you want to study (uni)

De montfort university to do accounting and finance
Reply 6
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

I am gona aplly to them!!!!!
Reply 7
What college u going? QE?
Reply 8
Yeah im going QE haha!:')
my school has never taught economics. And never will. What kind of places do you people go to?!
Reply 10
Original post by J_W-x
Yeah im going QE haha!:')

LOL u from lesta. What school did u go and do i know u?
Reply 11
Erm I went new college not the best school lol
and idk if i know you pm me your name or something
Reply 12
Original post by siwelmail
my school has never taught economics. And never will. What kind of places do you people go to?!

An institution which is ranked 23 in the country (I think)

The college is rated as excellent x5 for all parts.

As long as you can get the grades at GCSE you can shoose to go to a different college if you want to
Reply 13
Original post by J_W-x
Erm I went new college not the best school lol
and idk if i know you pm me your name or something

I am gonna do my A2 there and might see you round. How was enrolement and what did u tink of the college
Reply 14
QE is great haha, i just need to change from business to economics on my final enrolment now and it's all good
idk what to do as an enrichment now i'm not doing business though
Reply 15
Original post by J_W-x
QE is great haha, i just need to change from business to economics on my final enrolment now and it's all good
idk what to do as an enrichment now i'm not doing business though

Business is not an enrichment. LOL

QE offer LOADS of enrichment courses shows on QE online. Don't choose something cus your mates are doing it. It is a chance to have fun. I chose a sport (badminton) because I enjoy it. I knew no one at the start and ended up making loads of friends and having a laf. Best of all it was the last of 6 lessons in a day which helped me to relax and just have fun.

This year I am going to do badminton again and accounting mentoring
Reply 16
i know but i was going to do an enrichment that required you to take business studies(i think) and i might choose badminton recreational i'm not sure
Reply 17
I think you can do up to 3 enrichment course so you can do them both. It would be good and is similar to what I am going to do in that one is academic (helping others looks good on CV) and the other is for fun. Plus if you are really good then you can play for the team
Reply 18
ah fair enough i'll have to sort it out next friday
Reply 19
Original post by J_W-x

sory. no facebook. don't ask me y.... anyway before this convo what were you gona pik for enrichment?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest