Unit 1- a
unit 2- b
Overall B

Physics:
unit 1- c
unit 2- c
Overall C

for A2 i am dropping physics leaving it as a C and continue with the others
Im going to retake my M1 module for maths and my chemistry unit 1 as my chemistry teacher said you do a big improvment in it after studyng a bit of A2.

So i was wondering about what my predicted grades are going to be, i heard that some colledges predict 1 grade higher.
For chemistry i was 4 ums off a B so im hoping i will be predicted a B for it

Maths i got 219/300 but after i will tell my teacher im resitting C1 which everyone knows now its very easy after doing C2 and also im going to resitt M1. would he predict me an a?

Biology i got 211/300 which is a low B but due to my unit 3 coursework which was a e. It brought my grade down alot and possibly from an A. At my school we are allowed to retake our unit 3 which is basically practical work. so im hoping my teacher will take that into consideration.

So im hoping for AAB predictions. If i dont get that, would it be reasonable to take a gap year or should i just apply now?
Thanks for reading.
(edited 12 years ago)
You can speak to your teachers about it and give them your reasons and most teachers will take it all into consideration and help you out, and No, don't think about taking a gap year unless the universities actually decline you when you get your A2 grades.
Reply 2
Bump .
Reply 3
Original post by Coldeversince
You can speak to your teachers about it and give them your reasons and most teachers will take it all into consideration and help you out, and No, don't think about taking a gap year unless the universities actually decline you when you get your A2 grades.

does your college predict you one grade higher?
Original post by Fengeno
I started AS and took Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics
At January results i got
Math(C1) B(Edexcel)
Chem(unit 1) C(Edexcel)
Bio(unit 2) D(OCR)
Phy(unit 2) E(Edexcel)

But then i retook bio and physics along with my summer modules

Maths:
C2- a
M1- c
Overall B

Chemistry:
Unit 2- c
Overall C

Biology:
Unit 1- a
unit 2- b
Overall B

Physics:
unit 1- c
unit 2- c
Overall C

for A2 i am dropping physics leaving it as a C and continue with the others
Im going to retake my M1 module for maths and my chemistry unit 1 as my chemistry teacher said you do a big improvment in it after studyng a bit of A2.

So i was wondering about what my predicted grades are going to be, i heard that some colledges predict 1 grade higher.
For chemistry i was 4 ums off a B so im hoping i will be predicted a B for it

Maths i got 219/300 but after i will tell my teacher im resitting C1 which everyone knows now its very easy after doing C2 and also im going to resitt M1. would he predict me an a?

Biology i got 211/300 which is a low B but due to my unit 3 coursework which was a e. It brought my grade down alot and possibly from an A. At my school we are allowed to retake our unit 3 which is basically practical work. so im hoping my teacher will take that into consideration.

So im hoping for AAB predictions. If i dont get that, would it be reasonable to take a gap year or should i just apply now?Thanks for reading.

It's not really as either/or situation. Why don't you just apply for entry this year and then on results day if you do significantly better then you were predicted reject your offer and take a gap year...?
Original post by Fengeno
does your college predict you one grade higher?

Yes, but if you speak to them they can increase your predicted grade.
Reply 6
thx guys .

Quick Reply

Latest