The Student Room Group
On average about 40minutes, depending on traffic. But what does it matter?
Reply 2
On average about 40minutes, depending on traffic. But what does it matter?

curious thats all
Reply 3
It'll be the quickest 40 minutes of your life. It'll make sitting in the waiting room beforehand seem like an eternity.
Reply 4
feels about 15 minutes-seriously!
It's 30 to 40 minutes. Mine was only 30, it was over so quick. It only seems like you cover a few roads!!!
Reply 6
I would have thought the test would seem like its dragging on for ever, certainly 60 minute lessons seemed to.

I would be so nervious about making a mistake. I would probably go through a red light in the first 5 minutes :p: or knowing me stop at a green one!
Yep, they are certainly right, it really does fly by. I asked my examiner are we finished already? lol
Reply 8
AT82
I would have thought the test would seem like its dragging on for ever, certainly 60 minute lessons seemed to.

I would be so nervious about making a mistake. I would probably go through a red light in the first 5 minutes

*Pretty much did that*

Almost run over a pedestrian on a crossing actually, but in the same league!

It does fly by, it's all over so fast; you probably spend ten minutes driving to suitable roads to do your manouveres and things and ten driving back to the test centre, leaving very little time to do other things.
But within that 40 minutes so much can go wrong!!! Grrr, that's the worse thing! You think it's only 40 minutes, no time at all, but something usually happens, just your luck! :p: Well, my luck anyways! :rolleyes:
the test could last just 30mins: u do all the everything quickly
or the test could last 60mins: u spend most of ur time driving down main roads to find a round corner or good place to do emergency stop

when doing a test u r not really aware of how long it lasts - it depends on how well u do; u will not start to get tired as u will be running on adrenaline. but afterwards u will feel very tired :smile:
thomasp
It'll be the quickest 40 minutes of your life. It'll make sitting in the waiting room beforehand seem like an eternity.

Exactly. The ten minute wait lasts so much longer than the 40 minute test.
davemarkey
the test could last just 30mins: u do all the everything quickly
or the test could last 60mins: u spend most of ur time driving down main roads to find a round corner or good place to do emergency stop

when doing a test u r not really aware of how long it lasts - it depends on how well u do; u will not start to get tired as u will be running on adrenaline. but afterwards u will feel very tired :smile:

I am...I constantly glance at the clock, counting down the time until it's over!!!
mine was about 40 minutes but i spent about 5-10 of those waiting to be let out of a road by a giant jcb that suddenly decided to stop half way up a hill. it goes really quickly, you won't notice it, you'll be concentrating too hard (probably).

Latest

Trending

Trending