Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Debenhams Telephone Interview

Announcements Posted on
The Careers section needs more moderators! 21-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what sort of questions does Debenhams ask you during a telephone interview? Or does anyone know the questions that Debenhams ask during a telephone interview?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump, does anyone know?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Experting)
    Bump, does anyone know?
    Here you go
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ne%20Interview

Just read through
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapped)
    Here you go
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ne%20Interview

Just read through
    I am basically trying to find out, what sort of questions they ask over the phone?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i only want to know, what sort of questions they ask you during a telephone interview?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Experting)
    Thanks, i only want to know, what sort of questions they ask you during a telephone interview?
    I've never had an interview with Debenhams. Maybe you could send a private message to someone on the link i provided.

If its a a sales advisor position for example, then the questions will be customer serviced based, etc.

Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thank you!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kinda weird. I think the interviewer just hung up on me. She asked me if I am willing to work any time. I said, yes. She asked you might have to work extra hours at different times, you will have to be flexible, is that alright? I said, yes. Then she asked do you have any other commitment, educational or anything like that. I asked if 20 hours is about the maximum hours I can get work there? She said depends on your availability. I said if I cannot get many more hours than 20, then I might have to take up another job as well. And, either the line broke or she hung up. I couldn't call back as it was an 'unknown' number and it was past office hours. She didn't call again, either.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayb1)
    Kinda weird. I think the interviewer just hung up on me. She asked me if I am willing to work any time. I said, yes. She asked you might have to work extra hours at different times, you will have to be flexible, is that alright? I said, yes. Then she asked do you have any other commitment, educational or anything like that. I asked if 20 hours is about the maximum hours I can get work there? She said depends on your availability. I said if I cannot get many more hours than 20, then I might have to take up another job as well. And, either the line broke or she hung up. I couldn't call back as it was an 'unknown' number and it was past office hours. She didn't call again, either.
    Whilst that is very strange that she may have hung up (did you have bad reception?), stores like Debenhams don't often like it if you are planning on taking up another job. You applied for a 20 hour per week vacancy..they often offer higher hours and obviously if you can work an extra hour or so, they may be willing for that, but if you wanted a more full time position, it would have been better to wait and apply for it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 18, 2011
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.