The Student Room Group

Which Famous People have you met

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I met Ian Wright a few years ago and I didn't like the vibes he gave off. He just seemed quite arrogant but maybe he was just having a bad day...who knows.
Reply 41
Original post by Dappaman
Lol I've seen that,

HOW CAN SHE SLAP?!

It's one of my fave phrases, me and some of my friends use it in different contexts:
'how can she fail?' 'how can he skip-the-lecture!' in the accent :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by ktlaurenroe
ahh I'm so jealous! I love Jimmy Carr, want to meet him very badly. :biggrin: good to know he's a nice guy, he seems like it despite the very rude jokes. :tongue:

You could meet him, just go to one of his shows, check out his website for dates/theaters (I recomend going to see his curret tour, it's really good.) Aw I like his very rude jokes, v funny :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by chellzey
I met Ian Wright a few years ago and I didn't like the vibes he gave off. He just seemed quite arrogant but maybe he was just having a bad day...who knows.

He's a footballer.

NEXT.
Original post by aprilb
You could meet him, just go to one of his shows, check out his website for dates/theaters (I recomend going to see his curret tour, it's really good.) Aw I like his very rude jokes, v funny :biggrin:

good idea actually... might see if I can go to one. I'd probably fangirl so badly, love him on 8 out of 10 cats :biggrin:
haha me too! Shouldn't laugh, but can't help it... :teehee:
George Graham is an absolute GENT.

Original post by chellzey

I met Ian Wright once, he was SO SO SO friendly. Might have helped that I was wearing an Arsenal replica full kit with his name on the back....

I've met loads at events at things, but the 2 outside stopped at the hotel where I work.
First was Julian Clarey, he and his dog are both delightful :biggrin:
Then last week Olly Murs stayed, he is such an essex lad, but lovely to all the staff and so polite and friendly.
Although apparently he hates Ed Sheeran? And was slagging him off big time to his friends while eating dinner.
Oh and he ALWAYS wears a hat! And uses a fake name to check into hotels which I now know, in a totally non stalkerish way... :biggrin:
Am i the only one who doesn't really care about celebrities?

"lik omgawd you r famouz!".....no, I just dont see myself doing that. I met a few rich/famous peeps but not worth my time to get excited about it all.
I was on the same flight as Anthony Worrall-Thompson a few years ago and he's pretty grumpy. Also the guy who plays Ricky on Eastenders was at the same hotel we stayed in. He's also not very nice.

My parents have met Ben Fogle and say he's really nice and apparently Michael Phelps is boring.

My cousin used to work for GMTV and interviewed a few people. He said Paddy Ashdown was horrible, Emma Watson was a bit of a brat but he got on really well with Will Young.
Reply 49
He's a footballer.

Well he was filming for a tv show when I met him...
Reply 50
These celebrities have to 'nice' in front of the public who prey in their every word. They have had an image to maintain. I'd like to see how they're like behind closed doors.
Reply 51
Alastair Campbell is a decent guy, he gave a great answer to my question anyway and was polite to all of the 6th form and school kids at the book signing. Seen Judy Dench wandering around York as she does but never spoke to her.

I can add that David Batty (ex-Leeds United player) is a douche, I asked him to sign my Wiggington Football Tournament Book and he literally drew a squiggle, he was also not very talkative. Maybe didn't help that we'd just beat his nephews team at football though.
(edited 12 years ago)
I was an extra in a bollywood film recently.

I met shahid kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. Shahid was very friendly in fact, at one point it started raining on set. Me and a friend accidently took cover in the actors tent. Shahid Kapoors bodyguard came up to us and kicked us out, 2 mins later shahid found us and invited us back in! (doesnt sound like a lot but he's HUGE in bollywood, so just the fact that he spoke to us was nice xD )

Priyanka Chopra is a HUGE diva. The make up artist accidently got hairspray on her forehead. The Result? He got a smack in the face from her!

Most people won't have a clue who im on about but this post is for the asians out there!

:eek:

Not Asian but hugely interested in Bollywood. Cannot believe she did that!

Hope my faves aren't like her :colondollar:
Reply 53
He's a footballer.

NEXT.

My sister met David Beckham in Marks & Spencers. She said he was really nice with no arrogance at all
Reply 54
Original post by F Ellen
My sister met David Beckham in Marks & Spencers. She said he was really nice with no arrogance at all

Yeah, obviously most aren't idiots at all. Im a huge footy fan, but nowadays a lot of footballers are arrogant and total tools.

There are always some, like becks who is a totally decent guy.
Reply 55
I forget his name but I met an actor from an ITV Drama at a nightclub queue (we were both alone) and he got me past the security checks (the bouncer called him forward when he spotted him and then he pointed to me so we were both led past the security scanners, the queue was very sloggish and they all looked on in envy!). If entry wasn't free it may have waived my fee!

The strange thing is I never knew he was famous then, so I was baffled all night (I didn't see him much inside)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pandabär
That's so cool, but how on EARTH did you 'work for Eastenders'? :eek:

Were you an extra or a runner or something?

A writer :smile:

Lol at people negging me. Really don't understand the people of TSR
(edited 12 years ago)
Obafemi Martins was VERY nice - met him in Niketown London, and probably asked me more questions than I him. Same too with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Busta Rhymes was a bit of a ****.
Original post by Can't Touch This.
These celebrities have to 'nice' in front of the public who prey in their every word. They have had an image to maintain. I'd like to see how they're like behind closed doors.

I think that applies to most people, whether they're famous or not. We all have off days and give bad impressions of ourselves to those who don't know us well enough. Although, I can't imagine famous people being such arrogant pricks to everyone that they have no friends or fans because of their personality.
This isn't very interesting but I'm going to go out on a limb here

Met Heather Mills once.

Ba dam tam boosh
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply