The Student Room Group

To remark or not? That is the question!!!

Hey everyone....
I got my a level results and got 3 A*s and 1 A. I am absolutely THRILLED but I can't help being really annoyed that I was only 2 UMS points away from the A*. I have my place at uni and my offer was only based on 3 A levels, which I have therefore met (I could have failed the last A level and still got in!) But the A is in physics and I have had a paper remarked before and it has gone up... just wondering what everyone thinks is the best plan of action- I don't think it will jeapordise my uni place but was wondering if anyone had past experience with remarks and could offer me some advice please :biggrin:
Thanks xx
Reply 1
Original post by Jen 1234
Hey everyone....
I got my a level results and got 3 A*s and 1 A. I am absolutely THRILLED but I can't help being really annoyed that I was only 2 UMS points away from the A*. I have my place at uni and my offer was only based on 3 A levels, which I have therefore met (I could have failed the last A level and still got in!) But the A is in physics and I have had a paper remarked before and it has gone up... just wondering what everyone thinks is the best plan of action- I don't think it will jeapordise my uni place but was wondering if anyone had past experience with remarks and could offer me some advice please :biggrin:
Thanks xx

You might as well then? 2 UMS isn't a lot. :dontknow:
I know it was a question because there was a question mark at the end :indiff:

If you want to, go ahead but you have your offer and required grades so :dontknow: your choice
Reply 3
Original post by The Polar Dude
I know it was a question because there was a question mark at the end :indiff:

If you want to, go ahead but you have your offer and required grades so :dontknow: your choice

But do you have any idea whether my uni will care/ want me to ask them first...?
Your uni won't care as it won't impact on your offer conditions.
Reply 5
Original post by Tits&Acid
Your uni won't care as it won't impact on your offer conditions.

Okay thanks very much :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest