The Student Room Group

I'm going to be the fat girl in uni :-(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Fat girls ride better
Reply 81
Original post by Fang_RedDragon
Am saying none of the above. Am pointing out that being attractive is one of the many things in life you have to work at and many people have other priorities and demands on their time. You prioritise being fit and attractive over, it would seem, being polite or friendly.

Allowing yourself to get stuck in a rut and become obese is because "my life sucks" is irresponsible and deserving of no sympathy. Taking on a little temperory weight gain for the sake of a higher goal, eg. getting into university, caring for a fragile person, shows that you understand there is more to life than the size of your ass!

The number on the scales goes up and down according to events in your life. I doubt very much that you would, say, advocate locking a person with severe dementia in on their own whilst you trot off to the gym. Take it easy troll, the world is bigger and more complicated than you know.

You didn't explicitly say any of the above, no. You just implied them heavily in your post

And your whole post was a list of excuses for why you're a bit of a fat mess, and yet I do not see a single reason why you cannot have a good healthy diet, not one

And did I say lock someone up while you go to the gym? No, I said that you saying you cannot get away for 20-30 mins to do some cardio is *******s, which it is

If you're not gonna take initiative and just make excuses, which is all you've done so far, and which is pretty much all you've done in your reply to me, you will always be fat, so there's no point whining about it, just deal with it fatty, and don't expect me to be nice to people who whine and make excuses, I have no sympathy for you at all when it comes to your body
Another thread about someone crying that they are fat.

Well, okay, you can cry about it or you can do something to change it. It's not difficult at all... In the process, you may find you actually ENJOY cardio or lifting weights.

Now, stop eating that half-tear filled tub of Ben and Jerry's, buy a gym membership and lift some damn weights until you feel you're about to die. Then, do some ****ing cardio!

Rinse and repeat. In the end, you may look nice and I might - just might - consider having sex with you.
Reply 83
Original post by Off_My_Planet
Because that comment will make her confidence "soar" so much...

Why not? At least she knows she can kick his ass if he says anything to her :P .. 11 stone @ 6 ft 1 is pretty skinny!
You need to eat better an exercise more. Once you get through freshers I'd join the uni gym and really go for it. Not being rude or anything but I know you stated that you're eating well and exercising and just can't lose weight, but obviously your being slightly delusional in your efforts. Unless you have underlying problems (which I doubt) you simply aren't doing enough exercise or still eating too much. I say this from experience I know loads of people who say the same story, I myself said it at one point but in a reverse situation (wanting to bulk up but couldn't-said I ate loads). I'm not having a go at all just trying to help. Try not to think about it during freshers, most people won't care about your size. Just meet new people and have fun.
Original post by a_t
You didn't explicitly say any of the above, no. You just implied them heavily in your post

And your whole post was a list of excuses for why you're a bit of a fat mess, and yet I do not see a single reason why you cannot have a good healthy diet, not one

And did I say lock someone up while you go to the gym? No, I said that you saying you cannot get away for 20-30 mins to do some cardio is *******s, which it is

If you're not gonna take initiative and just make excuses, which is all you've done so far, and which is pretty much all you've done in your reply to me, you will always be fat, so there's no point whining about it, just deal with it fatty, and don't expect me to be nice to people who whine and make excuses, I have no sympathy for you at all when it comes to your body

Im not asking for your sympathy, good lord no. Don't want, don't need. Im trying to show you that not everything is as black and white as you believe but its clearly not working. Aah well, I tried. Whilst by Christmas I will have ceased to be fat it seems that you will continue to be immature for at least the forseeable future. "Don't whine about it" - Im not. "You will always be fat" but then I should "Take [the] initiative" - you make so little sense.

Scale, perspective, cause and effect, shades of grey.

"And did I say lock someone up while you go to the gym?" Noooo, I said that, as a hypothesis. You clearly don't get it, and I have to pack for uni so Im not going to waste the internet continuing, I will simply say that you should get out and see a bit more of the world before you start telling people what to with their time. Weight is temporary, is it not worth ignoring the gym for a year or so to work towards something that will change your or somebody elses life for the better? Or for you is it the case that being a bit overwight makes life not worth living? I dunno, your priorities seem a bit screwy to me. :s-smilie:
Original post by thetobbit
Hit the gym, eat a 500 calorie deficit, lose weight. Its not complicated, your not "genetically predisposed" to be fat or anything crap like that.

If being overweight (trust me im lighter than you and im 6 foot 1 and male lol) makes you feel you have no confidence then lose weight and your confidence will soar

jesus i made a mistake lol, no need to call the feminist neg rating brigade
Original post by Superstar6318

i'm sure people at university have grown out of the whole "ew you're fat i don't like you" school-pupil attitude. relax, the only person that will be worried or concerned or even care about your appearance is you. it will solely be a personal greivance which isn't going to be shared by anyone else :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Fang_RedDragon
Im not asking for your sympathy, good lord no. Don't want, don't need. Im trying to show you that not everything is as black and white as you believe but its clearly not working. Aah well, I tried. Whilst by Christmas I will have ceased to be fat it seems that you will continue to be immature for at least the forseeable future. "Don't whine about it" - Im not. "You will always be fat" but then I should "Take [the] initiative" - you make so little sense.

Scale, perspective, cause and effect, shades of grey.

"And did I say lock someone up while you go to the gym?" Noooo, I said that, as a hypothesis. You clearly don't get it, and I have to pack for uni so Im not going to waste the internet continuing, I will simply say that you should get out and see a bit more of the world before you start telling people what to with their time. Weight is temporary, is it not worth ignoring the gym for a year or so to work towards something that will change your or somebody elses life for the better? Or for you is it the case that being a bit overwight makes life not worth living? I dunno, your priorities seem a bit screwy to me. :s-smilie:

So basically your hypothesis is a load of nonsense you pulled out of your ass which has absolutely zero situational relevance to the matter in hand? Great ok, glad we cleared that one up, so your entire argument is based on not only a terrible excuse, but also a non existent one eh?

And trust me I've seen a lot more of the world than you have, don't you worry little fresher
Such a nice bloke.
Toodlepip.
Original post by maria1291
I'm not looking sex! For other people to want it lol. Thanks though, was having a bit of self pity. Not putting any on and maybe another 20 days of blood, sweat and tears and I'll be closer to my previous body.

You need to overcome the pain of working out if you want to maintain a healthy weight.
Reply 91
Original post by Computerised
Tbh there are hardly any fat people at uni I have noticed. I have only ever seen 2 for the entire year.

This is hysterical :rofl:
Reply 92
Well, you have 3 (or maybe even more, depending on what course you're doing) years in uni. There's enough time in 6 months or even less, to lose 2 stone which will help your confidence. You know what you need to do, so I don't think there's any words of wisdom that can be given that isn't already said. There are 'shortcuts' to losing weight quickly which do work, which I'm sure you know, but I'm not going to really say.
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
GRENADE

“Pauly D. was with the grenade.…When you go into battle, you need to have some friends with you, so that just in case a grenade gets thrown at you, one of your buddies takes it first
Reply 94
So basically I got the best marks I could have wished for in my exams, but well I put on 1 and a half stone in the process and I wasn't thin to begin with.

5 ft 3 1/2 inches. 11 stone 7 pounds.

I have no confidence, how am I going to be able to socialize at freshers week when everyone is look about half the size of me in wee dresses.

I seriously cannot stress to you enough how well I have ate and exercised. I lost 6 pounds very fast but I have been unable to lose anything since.

I have tried and my effort has no results. About 20 days until university, I am not excited, I wish to God I had have taken a year out.

I used to get complimented all the time on my looks and only 3 years ago was a size 8 and out every night. Some things happened with friends and then I got a boyfriend and my weight has just slowly went up and it literally was like very end of June I stepped on the scales and was just under 12 stone. Never been as heavy in my life.

This is a really long post but does anyone have any words of wisdom cause I am so depressed :-(

I'm going bald and I'm only 18 - how do you think I feel? At least you can gain back your physique; I can't gain back my hair.
Reply 95
So basically I got the best marks I could have wished for in my exams, but well I put on 1 and a half stone in the process and I wasn't thin to begin with.

5 ft 3 1/2 inches. 11 stone 7 pounds.

I have no confidence, how am I going to be able to socialize at freshers week when everyone is look about half the size of me in wee dresses.

I seriously cannot stress to you enough how well I have ate and exercised. I lost 6 pounds very fast but I have been unable to lose anything since.

I have tried and my effort has no results. About 20 days until university, I am not excited, I wish to God I had have taken a year out.

I used to get complimented all the time on my looks and only 3 years ago was a size 8 and out every night. Some things happened with friends and then I got a boyfriend and my weight has just slowly went up and it literally was like very end of June I stepped on the scales and was just under 12 stone. Never been as heavy in my life.

This is a really long post but does anyone have any words of wisdom cause I am so depressed :-(

Dunno why people have negged you for this :s-smilie: tbh with that height and weight it's possible that you look nicer than you think, I know people with those kinda of proportions who are actually fit lol. If you are genuinely like, a fat person, to put it bluntly, well, everyone knows what a fat person looks like, people will get over it pretty quickly, and once they get to know you will not give a **** what you look like. Do you choose your friends based on their BMI? :smile:
You're not going to be the biggest girl on campus. You're just not.
Weight loss often does slow down after the initial bigger loss, simply because you will have lost more water in the first couple of weeks. The weight you are losing now is fat and it is a slow process, but it needs to be. If you try to starve yourself your body will go into famine mode and will hang on to its fat store. Then when you do eat normally again it will put down an extra layer of fat just in case another famine comes along. Keep up the hard work but trust me, you aren't going to stand out.
Remember though that people are going to want to be your friend because they like you, no matter what size you are or what you look like. You are going to look back at this in a few weeks and wonder what you were so worried about.

Now get out there and start getting excited about Uni! :smile:
Reply 97
Take it from someone who used to have zero confidence. :-)
I used to be about a size fourteen which I know isn't exactly huge but still made me feel really bad about myself, especially since I spent my days dancing next to size eights! I then lost about two stone in a few months which now makes me a size ten - twelve. I've got loads more confidence now and love performing in the center.
You actually don't sound 'fat' to me, but if you're serious about losing weight then it's all about motivation. I have a lot of motivation when it comes to studying and thought there was no reason I couldn't use that to lose weight. It seems like you worked really hard to get into university so you must have amazing motivation which you can use. You don't have to do boring tasks like going to the gym and eating things you really don't like. Just cut out things like chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks completely and swap them for low calorie/fat alternatives. You could also take up a class which you'd enjoy, aerobics or zumba is a really good way to lose weight and it's enjoyable to.
As for freshers week? Seriously, there is nothing to worry about! I can guarantee there will be people much bigger. Plus, it's the first week at university, people aren't going to be going around judging people on their weight! You've worked hard to get to university and you really deserve to get the most out of it, nobody can tell you otherwise.
I wish you all the luck in the future. :-)
Reply 98
Meh, i find fat girls hot and more often they're nicer people, so, :dontknow:
ive been fat all my life, people have always liked me for my personality. ive lost 30 pounds and ive noticed how differently people treat me. guys hit on me and girls talk more about fashion and dieting to me. dont stress yourself out about uni, you are there to make friends and study! besides as long as you are confident you'll be hit on plenty.

Quick Reply

Latest