The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, probably till around 21.
Most likely... although some of my guy friends stopped at 16. It depends on genetics and whatnot.

I'm still growing at 18...... Although me being a girl won't help you much.
Reply 3
Original post by Jonesdawiz
I turned 16 a month ago and I'm like 5 ft 5, I saw pictures of my dad from when he was younger and he looks exactly like me but he's 6 ft 2 and he told me he was small when he was young.

I'm just wondering will I still grow taller?

I'm wondering the same. I'm 18 and i've been 5ft 7 for the last 3 years. Sadly, I'm actually taller than both of my parents, my father is 5 ft 3 at most. Lots of people tell me that I won't stop growing until im 21. Whether or not that is true for me, I dont really know. But right now, I'm past the point where I care anymore. I guess you should just hope for the best, but if it happened for your dad then fingers crossed it should happen for you.
I grew 3 inches at Uni and around 5 inches at 6th form..... i vividly remember visiting my old school (which also had a 6th form) and finding the "tall" people from yr11 shorter than me by yr13.
Yes. I did. Alot.
Reply 6
Until your early 20s?
Don't worry we all understand, you'll keep "GROWING" until you're about 21. :wink:
Reply 8
I was about 5'7 at 16 I'd say. 6'0 by 18. 6'2' now at 20.

If your Dad was a late developed chances are, you might be to. Hold tight.
Reply 9
Original post by kashim91

Original post by kashim91
I'm wondering the same. I'm 18 and i've been 5ft 7 for the last 3 years. Sadly, I'm actually taller than both of my parents, my father is 5 ft 3 at most. Lots of people tell me that I won't stop growing until im 21. Whether or not that is true for me, I dont really know. But right now, I'm past the point where I care anymore. I guess you should just hope for the best, but if it happened for your dad then fingers crossed it should happen for you.

why sadly?i am around 5ft 8/9 and am 14 nearly 15 in a few months time how tall will i be?
I hope so - I'm your height and I'm 18 in two weeks -.-
I haven't grown since I was 13.
****ing nothing has grown since I was 13. :mad:
Reply 12
I sure hope, I really don't like being only 5 ft 10
Reply 13
Original post by Dalek1099
why sadly?i am around 5ft 8/9 and am 14 nearly 15 in a few months time how tall will i be?

You look like a chinese version of Jedward :s-smilie:
it depends on the person...I was always short when I was younger and stopped growing at about 11!! :O I was told that I should grow until I was 16 (I'm 17 now) but I never did. I'm 5ft exactly.
Basically what I'm trying to say is most boys grow until 21 but not all...it depends on the person. if your dad still grew then you probably will too
Reply 15
YKNOW I'M REALLY AFRAID D:
Coz I was like average height till around Year 9 (14) when I had a growth spurt and hit 5'8 from like 5'3, then it started to dramatically slow down and I hit 5'9 in Year 10 -- THEN I got to Year 11 and I've now FINISHED Year 11 and I'm STILL 5'9 and I reaally really want to be 5'10 it's just such an even number gaad and my dad is like 6'4 and my sisters are both having growth spurts now and I'm SRSLY worried they're gonna be taller than me even tho I'm the eldestt Dx

Lord I sound deranged :c

You look like a chinese version of Jedward :s-smilie:

my hairstyle is nothingl ike jedward because i have curly hair and i'm english not chinese
I turned 16 a month ago and I'm like 5 ft 5, I saw pictures of my dad from when he was younger and he looks exactly like me but he's 6 ft 2 and he told me he was small when he was young.

Ive grown a lot from when i was 16, so yes. up until 21 i believe.

Just before I turned 16 I was 5'6-7

A year and a bit later and I'm almost 6'1

Most people in my family have had late growth spurts... But my dad is only 5'9

Me and my brothers are growth spurting freaks :colondollar:
Reply 19
Original post by Nick1sHere

Original post by Nick1sHere
Just before I turned 16 I was 5'6-7

A year and a bit later and I'm almost 6'1

Most people in my family have had late growth spurts... But my dad is only 5'9

Me and my brothers are growth spurting freaks :colondollar:

Yay I'm 'only' 5'9 I somehow feel satisfied C:
I want a one inch growth spurt if that's too much to ask for ._.

Latest