The Student Room Group

Sociology applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

applying to do sociology at manchester, salford, man met and uclan really wanna go either manchester or salford :smile:
YES!!! Got 2 offers today! Bristol and Sussex :biggrin: got 2 offers before that: Exeter and Surrey. Now, just waiting for Warwick :smile:. The strange thing is - i applied only 28 days ago :O
Reply 82
Got an offer to do Politics, Psychology and Sociology at Cambridge today. :')
Reply 83
Original post by alexsasg
Got an offer to do Politics, Psychology and Sociology at Cambridge today. :')

OMG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *JEALOUS IT HURTS* -0-''''

btw...heard from LSE yet? *insert sheepish smile here* A friend of mine got an offer for Finance and Accounting today...URGHHH I AM DYING FROM THE SUSPENSE T_T''''
Reply 84
Original post by myka551

Original post by myka551
OMG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *JEALOUS IT HURTS* -0-''''

btw...heard from LSE yet? *insert sheepish smile here* A friend of mine got an offer for Finance and Accounting today...URGHHH I AM DYING FROM THE SUSPENSE T_T''''

Thank you! :biggrin: Yes, I got a Sociology offer from LSE today actually! ABB including Sociology :smile: I'm planning on making LSE my insurance. I'm sure you'll hear soon, I just heard today since I sent my application off on the 13th Oct and they said they'd respond within 3 months.
Reply 85
I got my last offer from the lse yesterday of ABB!:redface: Don't know whether to firm that and have Leeds as insurance, or choose something lower, but I do love Leeds and lse. Decisions!
Any advice?:colondollar:
Reply 86
Original post by alexsasg
Thank you! :biggrin: Yes, I got a Sociology offer from LSE today actually! ABB including Sociology :smile: I'm planning on making LSE my insurance. I'm sure you'll hear soon, I just heard today since I sent my application off on the 13th Oct and they said they'd respond within 3 months.

I sent mine off on October the 12th... -0-''''''
Reply 87
Original post by myka551

Original post by myka551
I sent mine off on October the 12th... -0-''''''

And you still haven't heard? LSE do confuse me sometimes..I think there are some people on the LSE thread though who haven't heard too and they also applied before me. So you're not the only one, I think LSE is just being lazy!
Reply 88
Yes I have got my offer and really want to put Manchester down as my firm, but visiting in Feb to get a better look :biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by beccahl
Yes I have got my offer and really want to put Manchester down as my firm, but visiting in Feb to get a better look :biggrin:

When are you visiting? I'm visiting on the 29th of feb hopefullyy x
Reply 90
Original post by Rere94
I haven't gotten anything else from LSE apart from a message to say they have acknowledged my application :s-smilie:

heyy - have you heard from LSE yet??? :s
Reply 91
Original post by myka551
heyy - have you heard from LSE yet??? :s

Got an Email just before question saying that thy are looking at my application and will make a decision on it anytime up to the 31st March :frown:

Have you?
Reply 92
Original post by Rere94
Got an Email just before question saying that thy are looking at my application and will make a decision on it anytime up to the 31st March :frown:

Have you?

nope - nothing T_T''''''''''''''''
I've applied for sociology at York, Coventry, Cumbria, Edge Hill and Salford.
Only heard from York so far though :frown: x
Reply 94
got the LSE offer finally!
Reply 95
Original post by pearls

Original post by pearls
When are you visiting? I'm visiting on the 29th of feb hopefullyy x

Yeah visiting on the 29th aswell :biggrin:
Reply 96
Hey, just applied for Sociology at Southampton, Portsmouth and Winchester. Also Sociology and Social Policy at Bournemouth. Received all offers from them, but still deciding where to go. Southampton and Bournemouth are my top 2 but don't know which one to put as my firm :s-smilie:
Reply 97
Original post by BenJM11

Original post by BenJM11
Hey, just applied for Sociology at Southampton, Portsmouth and Winchester. Also Sociology and Social Policy at Bournemouth. Received all offers from them, but still deciding where to go. Southampton and Bournemouth are my top 2 but don't know which one to put as my firm :s-smilie:

Soton! Although ultimately, you have to pick the uni you like the most :smile: go and visit them both again?
Reply 98
Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh?
Reply 99
Hi, i've got offers from York, Manchester, Newcastle and Chester! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest