The Student Room Group

Sociology applicants 2012

Hey guys wanted to know whose applying for sociology!? How's your process coming along have you guys decided what unis your applying to? Xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile: I'm applying for for sociology this year! :smile:

Erm, I'm not completely decided yet tbh, Warwick and Durham I think. I'd love to apply to Cambridge but I'm still undecided on that one!

What about you - where are you thinking of applying? And what subjects do you do? I've never met anyone else who wants to do sociology - we're so cool. :cool:

EDIT: Why the neg rep? :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by alexsasg
Hey :smile: I'm applying for for sociology this year! :smile:

Erm, I'm not completely decided yet tbh, Warwick and Durham I think. I'd love to apply to Cambridge but I'm still undecided on that one!

What about you - where are you thinking of applying? And what subjects do you do? I've never met anyone else who wants to do sociology - we're so cool. :cool:

EDIT: Why the neg rep? :/

I think Manc and bham hopefully
Hahaha Same! Do people even do it :O It best be good with good people lol
I Dno Hun I've not given it u lol x
Reply 3
I'm applying for sociology this year :smile:

I want Manchester to be my firm

thinking .. lancaster, leeds/sheffield, york and salford as an insurance.
Reply 4
Original post by kkate1212

yhhh sounds good
i also want manchester to be my firm
i hope its really enjoyable
with loads of fun people :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by pearls
I think Manc and bham hopefully
Hahaha Same! Do people even do it :O It best be good with good people lol
I Dno Hun I've not given it u lol x

There's a serious lack of socio applicants on tsr! If people don't do it, there's just less competition for us. :wink:

I could've sworn I had been negged when I last looked at this post...must be going crazy or something! Which exam board are you on for sociology? I'm alex btw :smile:
Reply 6

what exam board are you on for sociology? :biggrin:
Reply 7
what exam board are you on for sociology? :biggrin:

I'm on AQA what about you? :smile:

I am soooo excited for uni.. I agree though I have seen hardly anybody talking about applying for sociology/threads about it.

I love Manchester uni though really hope I get an offer.
Reply 8
Original post by pearls
yhhh sounds good
i also want manchester to be my firm
i hope its really enjoyable
with loads of fun people :biggrin:

Same :smile:
im excited. hope i get an offer and the grades.
i've not met anyone else wanting to do sociology yet.. not sure how competitive it is?
Reply 9

I'm on AQA what about you? :smile:

I am soooo excited for uni.. I agree though I have seen hardly anybody talking about applying for sociology/threads about it.

I love Manchester uni though really hope I get an offer.

I'm on AQA too :smile: What modules are you doing next year? I'm doing beliefs in society and crime and deviance . I've heard Manchester is good! Yeah I haven't seen very many sociology-related threads either :/
Reply 10
I'm on AQA too :smile: What modules are you doing next year? I'm doing beliefs in society and crime and deviance . I've heard Manchester is good! Yeah I haven't seen very many sociology-related threads either :/

I do media and crime and deviance :smile:
How did you sociology as go ?
Reply 11

I do media and crime and deviance :smile:
How did you sociology as go ?

media sounds good! :biggrin: I'd rather do that tbh, ties in nicely with crime & deviance and the moral panics and whatnot. It went well in the sense that I got the A I wanted :smile: how did it go for you? what other subjects you studying btw?
Reply 12
media sounds good! :biggrin: I'd rather do that tbh, ties in nicely with crime & deviance and the moral panics and whatnot. It went well in the sense that I got the A I wanted :smile: how did it go for you? what other subjects you studying btw?

yeah i think media sounds good :smile:
I got an A too :biggrin: wasn't expecting an A in unit 2 though cause i didn't finish the exam so yeah I am happy. Hope I get an A overall, I do Psychology, Business and Film. How about you ?
Reply 13

yeah i think media sounds good :smile:
I got an A too :biggrin: wasn't expecting an A in unit 2 though cause i didn't finish the exam so yeah I am happy. Hope I get an A overall, I do Psychology, Business and Film. How about you ?

I did Maths, Bio, Chem (big mistake!), Sociology and Spanish. Dropping the chem, might drop the spanish for A2 but not sure yettt. Guessing you're dropping the C then? And you must have some idea where you're applying :smile: where else have you considered, other than manchester?

high-five on the A!
Reply 14
I did Maths, Bio, Chem (big mistake!), Sociology and Spanish. Dropping the chem, might drop the spanish for A2 but not sure yettt. Guessing you're dropping the C then? And you must have some idea where you're applying :smile: where else have you considered, other than manchester?

high-five on the A!

yep dropping the C haha, I'm thinking Manchester, Lancaster, York .. not sure on the others yet. Possibly Durham? Sociology seems to have good standard offers at most places which is lucky:smile: How about you?
Reply 15

yep dropping the C haha, I'm thinking Manchester, Lancaster, York .. not sure on the others yet. Possibly Durham? Sociology seems to have good standard offers at most places which is lucky:smile: How about you?

Durham looks amazinggg. I'd love to go there but it's so very far away from London..I'll probably end up applying there anyway! Will probably also apply to Warwick and LSE - meant to be second in the country so I'm hoping to get an offer from there (fingers crossed!) :smile:
Reply 16
Hi :smile: I was thinking about applying for Sociology but we don't have the opportunity in our Sixth Form to do it :/ Will I be able to do it without the A level in Sociology?
Reply 17
Original post by MissZ

Original post by MissZ
Hi :smile: I was thinking about applying for Sociology but we don't have the opportunity in our Sixth Form to do it :/ Will I be able to do it without the A level in Sociology?

you're better off checking the relevant parts of university websites for a firm answer, I suspect it will differ from uni to uni.
Reply 18
Original post by MissZ

Hey yes you should be able to do it:smile:
Reply 19
I'm dreading crime and deviance :/ we do unit 4 first and then unit 3
X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending