The Student Room Group

girls - what's your opinion on men in suits?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yep, it can be pleasant to look at:wink:.
However it is definitely not 'like how men like women in nurses uniforms'- that is sexist and suggestive of submissive women with male dominance. We don't like men in suits because we think it symbolises power (at least I don't).
Reply 21
Men in suits = :sexface:
Obviously the person in the suit should look good too.
Its because men in suits are usually sweaty balding 40+ men with large waists. All qualities which girls love.
Reply 23
Well there's something my old single-sex grammar school did right.
I find men in suits very attractive, yes. Waistcoats can often do the trick rather nicely too.
What about dinner jackets? :sexface:
Reply 26
I do like a suit.

Nerds of TSR, bear in mind:
Based on these responses I need to find more excuses to wear a suit :rolleyes:
I love me a man in a suit :coma:
Reply 29
Original post by partoftheweekend
Its because men in suits are usually sweaty balding 40+ men with large waists. All qualities which girls love.

Nothing wrong with taking pride in how you dress.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by noobynoo
Are you attracted to men in suits? To me it's like "the suits" are the problem with the world, man. I don't want to wear a suit and be a cog in a machine. Didn't the 60's turn people against suits?

But do you girls go for men in suits? Like if you work in the media or the arts you don't wear a suit so is that unattractive to women? Is that what girls want these days. Do they want to date accountants in suits? That makes me sad :frown:

Is it the same as how men like girls in nurses uniforms? :smile:

You need to watch "how I met your mother". A suit and a excellent made up story get you lots of ladies.
Also any guy who uses barney Stinson catch line is lame and uncool
Reply 31
The modern suit design is derived from military dress uniform, a stlye that accentuates the 'V' shape of a man's body, and indicates authority and power...could be something to do with it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Po_Bunny
nice arms rolled up sleeves. :sogood:

God yes :sexface:
Slim fit suits? I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean them. Personally there is nothing better than a slim fit suit.
Reply 34
Yay, this is good, I actually like wearing suits and getting really smart/washed up well.
Reply 35
Original post by daisydaffodil
Suits.. only if it suits him, if you'll pardon the pun :biggrin:

Workwise it'd be fine..

Anything else, I'd prefer a kilt :biggrin:
Any particular tartan in mind?
Reply 36
Yes. Dunno if it's just me, but I also love it when there's that kind of 'I've been to an event that requires a suit but now it's finished and I'm kicking back' look, the whole rolled up sleeves, not quite tucked in, loosened tie, top-button-undone thing.

:sexface:
Reply 37
I like a guy in a suit, doesn't matter what his profession is, but a nice shirt, jacket and tie?

Yes please.
Reply 38
Original post by KJane
I like a guy in a suit, doesn't matter what his profession is, but a nice shirt, jacket and tie?

Yes please.

I notice you didn't mention trousers. :sexface:
Suit up:
TT_vf5ioXXk

Quick Reply

Latest