The Student Room Group

Russell Group Vs Top 20

Hi, I'm looking at doing Environmental Science/ Environmental Engineering at university but i don't know which ones to apply to!

There are alot of Unis in the Guardian Top 20 for Earth & Marine Sciences which aren't Russell Group Universities and i don't know which ones to go for. Birmingham and Southampton are both Unis I'm pretty sure I'm going to apply to but I'm finding it hard narrowing it down, I think i have too many prospectuses!

Was just after any opinions or inputs, it would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Becca2904
Hi, I'm looking at doing Environmental Science/ Environmental Engineering at university but i don't know which ones to apply to!

There are alot of Unis in the Guardian Top 20 for Earth & Marine Sciences which aren't Russell Group Universities and i don't know which ones to go for. Birmingham and Southampton are both Unis I'm pretty sure I'm going to apply to but I'm finding it hard narrowing it down, I think i have too many prospectuses!

Go and visit the places yourself and take the Guardian table with a pinch of salt. They are completely subjective and not a good reflection of what you as an individual will be looking for in your university experience. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Becca2904

UEA is a very strong one for those subjects, I think.
I wouldn't look at the Guardian's tables too much, their rankings are often a bit strange, especially regarding maths. :pierre:
Also think about your long term plans. Academic or degree-related industry employers might know about the quality of specific departments but general employers will probably only look at the name of the university if they look at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending