The Student Room Group

More than half Norwegians want to end muslim immigration

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samsun900
You have no back bone, no wonder this country is full of women breeeding kids outside wedlock as single mums.
Men in the UK are weak!

Women are equal in this society and not an object to be controlled by men.
Reply 81
Original post by Flying Flowers
Women are equal in this society and not an object to be controlled by men.

What a simple mind you have,lol
Original post by samsun900
What a simple mind you have,lol

Are you Muslim ?
Reply 83
Are you Muslim ?

Nope.

And get lost, your a pussy wipped bitch boy.
Reply 84
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Jerusalem should just be evacuated and then carpet bombed. What a waste of a city. Two thousand years of war over a city where NOTHING IMPORTANT EVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

If religious people insist on keeping it then it should be made into a city state guarded by the UN for all to use peacefully.

well, thats actually happening now, apart from guarded by UN they are guarded by IDF.
Please stop the Breivik talk. I am unbelievably tired of people using him as some kind of argument in the immigrant debate, as if the acts of one crazy man erases all the difficulties Norway has had with immigrants.

I don't know how England is doing with immigration, but Norway have major difficulties. People have been tolerant, open, Muslims get unbelievably many benefits, financial support and public empathy. Still, there has bee done calculations (by a Danish professor) which showed that when including the social welfare the immigrants are on, the total amount that non-European immigrants contribute to Norwegian society amounts to 0. They come to work, but few do. The crime rates are also horrifying. Last summer, the chief of the Norwegian police (whom is always neutral politically) informed us that out of the rapists they've caught during the three summer months, 100% were non-Norwegian. That is actually quite unbelievable - 100% - if that doesn't say something about the immigrants we have, I don't know what does.

Norwegians are usually very tolerant people, and due to our left-wing government, it is quite "illegal" to show any kind of dissatisfaction with the current immigration. There are already too many in the country - even if we stop now, there is not much to do. They have 12 children each, whom each have 12 children. They refuse to learn Norwegian or take a job. Yeah, Norway is actually quite lost.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Artvandelay
Please stop the Breivik talk. I am unbelievably tired of people using him as some kind of argument in the immigrant debate, as if the acts of one crazy man erases all the difficulties Norway has had with immigrants.

I don't know how England is doing with immigration, but Norway have major difficulties. People have been tolerant, open, Muslims get unbelievably many benefits, financial support and public empathy. Still, there has bee done calculations (by a Danish professor) which showed that when including the social welfare the immigrants are on, the total amount that non-European immigrants contribute to Norwegian society amounts to 0. They come to work, but few do. The crime rates are also horrifying. Last summer, the chief of the Norwegian police (whom is always neutral politically) informed us that out of the rapists they've caught during the three summer months, 100% were non-Norwegian. That is actually quite unbelievable - 100% - if that doesn't say something about the immigrants we have, I don't know what does.

Norwegians are usually very tolerant people, and due to our left-wing government, it is quite "illegal" to show any kind of dissatisfaction with the current immigration. There are already too many in the country - even if we stop now, there is not much to do. They have 12 children each, whom each have 12 children. They refuse to learn Norwegian or take a job. Yeah, Norway is actually quite lost.

You are a sick, vile and disgusting racist. Open your mind and try not being completely ignorant for just five minutes. I can't believe there are people like you still around.
Original post by DW_47
You are a sick, vile and disgusting racist. Open your mind and try not being completely ignorant for just five minutes. I can't believe there are people like you still around.

I've stated the truth, and that's it. The fact that you have no constructive arguments, says it all.
Reply 88
Seems as if people are not enjoying the wonderful diversity that Muslims bring.

Why is it Muslims that Norwegians don't want, and not say...the Chinese community, the Indian Hindu community or the Jewish one?

Could it be that Muslims haven't exactly ingratiated themselves with Norwegians? could it be that they've moved in and are now doing the same as they do in every country? basically lauding it in someone else's backyard and trying to force the country to bend to their will?

Maybe the crime, honour killings and general extremism has something to do with it.
Reply 89
I've stated the truth, and that's it. The fact that you have no constructive arguments, says it all.

You are worse than Hitler.
Original post by Chindits
Seems as if people are not enjoying the wonderful diversity that Muslims bring.

Why is it Muslims that Norwegians don't want, and not say...the Chinese community, the Indian Hindu community or the Jewish one?

Could it be that Muslims haven't exactly ingratiated themselves with Norwegians? could it be that they've moved in and are now doing the same as they do in every country? basically lauding it in someone else's backyard and trying to force the country to bend to their will?

Maybe the crime, honour killings and general extremism has something to do with it.

Maybe...
The immigrant communities we have a problem with are basically Muslim (about 90% of the trouble) and some from East Europe/Baltic states.
Indians and Chinese tend to integrate themselves very well. The Jewish community is very, very small in Norway, but very resourceful (as in any country, I might add). So no, Norwegians do not have problems with other cultures, skin colours or religion (it's not a very religious country at all). Only troublemakers.
I cannot post it, TSR will not allow me to. It has been deleted twice.

you've been censored, man!
Original post by DW_47
You are worse than Hitler.

hitler's views and churchill's and most people's down the ages would be against the destruction of their own cultures. on this hitler thought as most sane people think.

the norwegians have been too tolerant. and they will pay a price for their naivety. as will many european nations, espcially the dutch.
Reply 94
Original post by Tommyjw
Umm.. i don't think you understand.

The incidents surrounding Serbia & Bosnia. Genocide commited by Christians. Hundreds of thousands of muslims killed.

Hundreds of thousands?? Source please?

surrounding Serbia? That now means that Serbia is to blame for the Bosnian war?

How about the Genocide of Christians committed by Muslims in Bosnia and Kosovo?
Original post by T-ros
No, Breivik wasnt a Christian.

A "real scotsman" fallacy if I ever saw one.

Who are you to decide who is a real Muslim? Or indeed who is a real Christian? Your notion of Christianity is probably very different to that of a Coptic Christian in Sinai, but you both claim to be Christian.

Al-Qaeda and Westernised Muslims and everyone in between those extremes picks and chooses what parts of the Koran they want to emphasise and adhere to just as all religious people do - it's impossible to live your life according to every word of dogma from one source. If the Koran wasn't deemed to be infallible and unalterable then they would have split into at least a few dozen very different sects a long time ago with different versions of the Koran, rather than the relatively minor divides between Sunni/Shia/etc. who can only claim to interpret parts of the Koran differently from each other and bring in different Hadiths. Instead, those differences are all brought under a broad tent of "Islam" despite a westernised muslim holding vastly different opinions to those of an Al-Qaeda fighter in Helmand, but just because the differences are harder to categorise doesn't mean that they aren't there.

This argument was used in a thread re Muslims. It is an argument that has been used by you (don't ask for a link, I'm not trawling through all of your past posts) and many others.

This argument can now be used on you. The same message applies to you my dear sir; Who are you to decide who is a real Christian?
Reply 96
The thing that upsets me about these surveys of political inclination is the grouping aspect I.e. Muslims in this case. Surely every potential immigrant should be judged on their own merits as an equal human being instead of being alienated and oppressed for being part of a socio-ethnic group.
Reply 97
Small bit of relevant fact: The borders are practically closed to the non-eurozone countries for people without a high education, guarantee of a job etc. The immigrants Norway do take that do not fulfil these requirements are for humanitarian reasons (refugees and the like). In other words, unless Norway wants to exclude itself from the international political community, it will have little choice apart from continuing the current policy.
Original post by sorafdfs
I know right, telling people they'll burn in hell for all eternity if they don't follow some boring lifestyle where you can't do anything fun.

ah so you mean Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism/Sikhism and basically any religion that places restrictions on human beings ?

Or just Islam ?
How are they limiting freedom ? Do Muslims have some sort of special right to live in Europe ? in secualr societies ? Do Europeans not have a right to preserve their societies and countries from an undesirable alien influence ? Just like Muslims are free to do.

I am sick of Muslims and other third worlders who look at my society and say I want that, and then they think they have a godamn right to just come here.

Here is my central problem here- we are viewing people in terms of groups, civilizations, and therefore placing rather arbitrary distinctions between what are basically human beings.

I talk about limiting the freedom of movement- in terms of looking for better opportunities for work, for raising a family, for ensuring that your children have access to a better education, rather than the prospect of being shot at the age of 13, or recruited into a militia at 16, simply because thier family cannot afford to feed their children. Like it or not, this freedom of movement not only benefits the world as a whole (as working/educated people > military juntas) but it is also the right thing to do.

I understand it is often difficult for europeans, who are used to comfortable liberalisms, to understand this notion, but if you lived in a place where you had little to work towards thanks to a beaurocratic state or military-governments, would you not rather live in a place that offers opportunities ?

Next, look at History- similar things about 'alien influence' were expressed about the jewish people in france, germany and england. The French tabloid writer Edouard Drumont actually staged rallies that told the jews they were an alien nation, and that the only way for france to 'culturally sustain itself' was to purge out the jews, as they were a sick influence. After all, by his logic, was it not the right of the French people to preserve their 'culturally homogenous' societies ? The result of course, of this judeophobia, is self explanatory. So basically, what your saying isnt new. Europe has purged out its unwanted previously, and the consequences of doing so are always evident.

Finally, I dont see how muslims are demanding anything. As i stated before, fringe groups like Islam4uk have no influence on public policy. Most religious endeavours of any denomination are privately funded- and ultimately, as individuals, people should be free to live their own lives.

Perhaps you need to re-think your statement, or perhaps rid yourself of your primitive attachment to vaguely presented nationalism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending