The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Freiheit
I have abbbb at AS (sociology, chem, bio, german, history) and predicted AAB (AQA socio,Salters chem, OCR bio) at A2. I'm considering LSOP, Kings, Manchester, Cardiff and Brighton. I loved the LSOP open day so that Manchester or Kings would be my preferred choices. How about you? Have you started your personal statement? What choices are you considering?

I've got abbcb for (English Lit, OCR Bio, Salters Chemistry, Physics and Critical Thinking respectively) and predicted AAA (Eng Lit, Bio and Chem) i was so close to an A at AS for bio and chem just a couple of marks. Haha this is weird we have such similar grades and choices.
My choices are Kings (this is the one i realllllly want to go to), Cardiff, Aston, Manchester, LSOP, Bath and Brighton (as an insurance) but can't decide for definite just yet on the five.
Yep i've started my personal statement, i've done a first draft but its too long and i've still got stuff to include. :/ How about you? How far have you got with your PS?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Princess Kawaii
I've got abbcb for (English Lit, OCR Bio, Salters Chemistry, Physics and Critical Thinking respectively) and predicted AAA (Eng Lit, Bio and Chem) i was so close to an A at AS for bio and chem just a couple of marks. Haha this is weird we have such similar grades and choices.
My choices are Kings (this is the one i realllllly want to go to), Cardiff, Aston, Manchester, LSOP, Bath and Brighton (as an insurance) but can't decide for definite just yet on the five.
Yep i've started my personal statement, i've done a first draft but its too long and i've still got stuff to include. :/ How about you? How far have you got with your PS?

You are in a wonderful position with AAA prediction because that is above the typical offer/entry requirements for those uni's. I'm sure you will get all your offers, it's just people like me who have AAB predictions that need to worry :tongue:
Yh, our choices and courses are very similar. I have completed my 1st draft and sent it to my sister for advice but I want to have my ucas application sent in 2 weeks times so that I can focus on school work without any distractions. Are you going to retake any of the biology or chemistry units in January?
Reply 102
Do King's interview btw?
Original post by Lewis :D
Do King's interview btw?

It depends on your course. I suggest that you email the admissions office and ask them. :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Lewis :D
Do King's interview btw?

I think it depends on the course, I know for history they do, if you look at the specific course page on the website, it should say.
Hi all! :biggrin:

Am currently on a gap year and am applying for two courses at King's: English Literature and English & Film.

Good luck everyone.
Hey everyone! I have applied for Law at kings to start in 2012. When I got my UCAS track letter through I noticed that it said entry date was the 1st September 2012, does that mean that university starts on 1st September 2012?? as other universities seem a lot later! hehe
You are in a wonderful position with AAA prediction because that is above the typical offer/entry requirements for those uni's. I'm sure you will get all your offers, it's just people like me who have AAB predictions that need to worry :tongue:
Yh, our choices and courses are very similar. I have completed my 1st draft and sent it to my sister for advice but I want to have my ucas application sent in 2 weeks times so that I can focus on school work without any distractions. Are you going to retake any of the biology or chemistry units in January?

Oh no need to worry, you'll be fine...you've got the right grades predicted!! :smile:
Haha same again!!! I've set myself the 15th October deadline even though im not applying for medicince and the like. I just want to get it out the way, to focus on the work. I didn't think UCAS would take a lot of time, but it does.
Yep I am, Chemistry AS Unit 2 :frown: i got a C in that paper just a couple marks off a B :frown:
Re-taking and going to make sure i get an A :rolleyes: I'm not retaking any Biology papers...i'll just try and pick up those 2 marks in A2. Hopefully :smile:
Have u got any retakes for January?...How many exams have u got all together?
Hey I'm considering King's and I'm applying for pharmacy! I love everything about this uni but London is so expensive! Need to use my savings so far...
Oh no need to worry, you'll be fine...you've got the right grades predicted!! :smile:
Haha same again!!! I've set myself the 15th October deadline even though im not applying for medicince and the like. I just want to get it out the way, to focus on the work. I didn't think UCAS would take a lot of time, but it does.
Yep I am, Chemistry AS Unit 2 :frown: i got a C in that paper just a couple marks off a B :frown:
Re-taking and going to make sure i get an A :rolleyes: I'm not retaking any Biology papers...i'll just try and pick up those 2 marks in A2. Hopefully :smile:
Have u got any retakes for January?...How many exams have u got all together?

I'm retaking Chemistry Unit 1 and Biology Unit 1 from January which where C's. That's £40 gone :s-smilie: so I have 5 January exams in total. Applying early means we would get some decisions early and then have a while to prepare for the interviews.
I'm applying this year for Paediatric Nursing...
Has anyone been through the process, if so how was the interview and what were your grades? :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys! I'm applying for History 2012, but am worried about it tbh. I got slightly lower GCSEs than the average applicant but the mitigating factors are mentioned on my statement. I'm predicted three A*s but got 2 Bs in my other AS subjects :/
Do I stand a chance? I know History applicants could have 10*s at GCSE and 5As at AS.
I'm applying for pharmacy. Anyone else going to the open day on wednesday?

How was the open day? Sorry >.< I'm an international student, so going for open day is out of the question. Is King's your first choice?

I agree with you! I'm took a gap year, but when I was applying last year just before my examinations, it took so much time I also messed up my preliminary exams. (:

Looks like the three of us have very similar choices. We're all applying to King's, LSOP and Manchester.
I'm also applying to Nottingham and Bath (:
(edited 12 years ago)
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm retaking Chemistry Unit 1 and Biology Unit 1 from January which where C's. That's £40 gone :s-smilie: so I have 5 January exams in total. Applying early means we would get some decisions early and then have a while to prepare for the interviews.

U have to pay for ur re-sits :frown:. We only have to pay if its our third resit of the same paper.
Don't uni's have to wait until all applictaions come through till they make offers/interviews?!

Original post by whitelily29
How was the open day? Sorry &gt;.&lt; I'm an international student, so going for open day is out of the question. Is King's your first choice?

I agree with you! I'm took a gap year, but when I was applying last year just before my examinations, it took so much time I also messed up my preliminary exams. (:

Looks like the three of us have very similar choices. We're all applying to King's, LSOP and Manchester.

Hii :smile:,
Yeah its very time consuming...and i keep putting it off.
I can't decide on my final choices yet!! :frown: But we might be seeing each other if we all get offers/or firm the same uni. :smile:
What predicted grades do u have?
Original post by whitelily29
How was the open day? Sorry >.< I'm an international student, so going for open day is out of the question. Is King's your first choice?

It is a very long story so I will try and make it short :tongue: . Kings is part of University of London which hosted the open day in central London. As you might already know, the Strand/Guys and Waterloo campuses from Kings are in South East London so people on the open day were only shown Uni of London ones that were close. I got to see UCL and LSOP in detail but not Kings.

LSOP is a very small uni with a single building but very modern facilities inside such as PC's and the library. During the open day, a lecturer made us prepare cough medicine and his teaching style was amazing, I learned more in that 30 minutes than what I do in college for 2 hours. The Uni is also has a higher ratio of females and everyone knows each other well because there aren't that many students compared to other major universities. LSOP is also merging with UCL in January, what I saw in UCL is another whole long story lol, but it was wonderful.

My first choice is between LSOP and Manchester but Kings is also good.

If you have any more questions, you can send me a message me.

U have to pay for ur re-sits :frown:. We only have to pay if its our third resit of the same paper.
Don't uni's have to wait until all applictaions come through till they make offers/interviews?!

We have to pay £20 per resit no matter which course or exam board it is. I have seen some of my older friends notified about their interview date early, before the deadline and I have also seen some people who received their interview date very long after the UCAS deadline so I think it depends on the policy of the Uni you apply to.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 116
Applying for Law :smile:
Reply 117
Anyone received any offers from KCL yet?
Reply 118
Unconditional for Business Management? How is that even possible? IN OCTOBER?
Hii :smile:,
Yeah its very time consuming...and i keep putting it off.
I can't decide on my final choices yet!! :frown: But we might be seeing each other if we all get offers/or firm the same uni. :smile:
What predicted grades do u have?

Hehhh. Actually, I sat for the International Baccalaureate in 2010. So I already have my results (:

Quick Reply

Latest