The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by Bubbles94
I know KCL is a great university, when i visited it the first time I loved it.. i just have so many people around me telling me things like 'I would hate to go to London' all the time and its beginning to affect me a bit unfortunately :L I've heard things like how london has quite a lonely feel.. I guess I'm just worried about fitting in, and whether I'm doing the right thing going to a London Uni and whether I'm doing the right course etc.. could just be pre-uni nerves.. ><

Imo there's no better city to go to university in. I had the same preconceptions as you the first time I visited London, but I found them completely unfounded; other than people being particularly opposed to starting a conversation on the underground, London is as gregarious a city as I've ever been to.

You'll be surrounded by thousands of like minded individuals at KCL, so I wouldn't worry about being lonely. London is the centre of the universe as far as I'm concerned, and alongside your new peers you're getting a chance to explore the myriad of things it has to offer; you should be trying to stifle excitement, not trepidation! :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by gtfo
Imo there's no better city to go to university in. I had the same preconceptions as you the first time I visited London, but I found them completely unfounded; other than people being particularly opposed to starting a conversation on the underground, London is as gregarious a city as I've ever been to.

You'll be surrounded by thousands of like minded individuals at KCL, so I wouldn't worry about being lonely. London is the centre of the universe as far as I'm concerned, and alongside your new peers you're getting a chance to explore the myriad of things it has to offer; you should be trying to stifle excitement, not trepidation! :smile:

Did you feel that you missed out on the 'campus feel' aspect of uni? That's all I'm really worried about in London :s
Reply 1442
Original post by Telekasi
Did you send your email via Myapplication or directly to the department? I've done both but haven't heard back for six or seven weeks.

Via the myapplication.

If its been that long, you should try calling up like asap!
Thankyou so much all of you :smile: you've no idea how much it's boosted my confidence about going to Uni in London :smile: I'm sure it is all just pre-uni nerves with it being such a massive step and all :smile:
Reply 1444
I'm just worried about finding decent accommodation in 2nd and 3rd year, I think it will be too expensive and I'll run out of money quickkkk. So I think I'm going to firm UEA for pharmacy :s-smilie:
Firmed King's for Pharmacy :biggrin:
Best start working hard to get those grades!!

Anyone else doing Pharmacy? :smile:
Reply 1446
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Firmed King's for Pharmacy :biggrin:
Best start working hard to get those grades!!

Anyone else doing Pharmacy? :smile:

Meee, but don't think I'm gna firm kings now lol
Original post by PRABSK
Meee, but don't think I'm gna firm kings now lol

:biggrin:
Awwh why not?...Its a pretty awesome choice for pharmacy. What are u looking at firming now? :smile:
Reply 1448
Original post by Princess Kawaii
:biggrin:
Awwh why not?...Its a pretty awesome choice for pharmacy. What are u looking at firming now? :smile:

Mainly because its going to be really expensive! erm probably UEA:smile:
Reply 1449
Hi everybody,

I firmed an offer for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, anyone else out there doing the same? :smile:
Probably going to firm an offer to read Politics, Philosophy and Law at KCL this fall! Anyone else doing the same course?
Reply 1451
How lenient do you guys think KCL are with final grades on result's day?
Reply 1452
Original post by stellz
How lenient do you guys think KCL are with final grades on result's day?

Based on what I've heard, it depends on the competition for your course, your offer requirements, and how everyone else does (if a lot of people don't make their marks, then maybe you'll get on even if you don't make the mark, and etc.) Personally, I hope that they're pretty easy-going as I need a 38 IB, which is nearly impossible! What course are you going for?
Reply 1453
Original post by onejpu2
Based on what I've heard, it depends on the competition for your course, your offer requirements, and how everyone else does (if a lot of people don't make their marks, then maybe you'll get on even if you don't make the mark, and etc.) Personally, I hope that they're pretty easy-going as I need a 38 IB, which is nearly impossible! What course are you going for?

I'm hoping to do BA Geography-you? I need AAB but think it's more likely I'll get ABB! Where are you from?
Any 2012 Nursing applicants who want to join a Facebook group set up for all nurses to discuss anything and everything?
Let me know and I can add people :smile:

xxxx
Reply 1455
And I've been given conditional offer for the second year of Computer Science year abroad! Finally:smile: Now, only the first year at my current uni to be passed;p
Original post by fjalar
And I've been given conditional offer for the second year of Computer Science year abroad! Finally:smile: Now, only the first year at my current uni to be passed;p

Congrats!
Reply 1457
I have conditional offer , King's requires TOEFL scores,
if I get less then required will they accept my scores?
I still can't choose between liberal arts here and philosophy at St Andrews. Somebody please convince me.
Reply 1459
Original post by stellz
I'm hoping to do BA Geography-you? I need AAB but think it's more likely I'll get ABB! Where are you from?

aha, thats the Exact situation I'm in; same course, same requirement, same expectation of what grades I'm gonna get... really wanna go King's too, this is too much pressure!

Quick Reply

Latest