The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody know what the Fresher Week timetable looks like?

Can any current students tell us what their Fresher Week consisted of?

Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Does anybody know what the Fresher Week timetable looks like?

Can any current students tell us what their Fresher Week consisted of?

Saturday/Sunday - Hall moving in days, usually will have some kind of welcome event to get people talking to each other.

Saturday to a while later (two weeks maybe) - Something is always going on at some kind of venue, usually a nightclub. The Student Union holds welcome events like guided walks around London, nights in the bar (Waterfront bar) or club (Tutu's) at the Strand and freshers' fair. You might have to attend some departmental stuff. Enrollment is during this time too.
Reply 1502
How much time does Kings take to reply to an application....Its been a month since i applied...??? hope they reply soon
Has anyone ever managed to keep their King's offer for Law, even after missing the offered grades? :/

I know the chances of that are about one million to none, but just curious to know....

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by ansh
How much time does Kings take to reply to an application....Its been a month since i applied...??? hope they reply soon

King's takes pretty long... They have so many applications, so it takes time for the to process each and every one of them.

Hang in there, you may get good news! :biggrin:
Original post by ansh

For some of my friends it took as long as 7 months to give then an offer, hang in there :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Reply 1506
Original post by AnonCoconut
King's takes pretty long... They have so many applications, so it takes time for the to process each and every one of them.

Hang in there, you may get good news! :biggrin:

Well....Lets hope for the best. What are you studying????:smile:
Original post by ansh
Well....Lets hope for the best. What are you studying????:smile:

I've applied to Law, firmed King's and my insurance is Bristol. Let's hope I get into either one... :smile:

What have you applied for?
Reply 1508
I've applied to Law, firmed King's and my insurance is Bristol. Let's hope I get into either one... :smile:

What have you applied for?

I have applied for Msc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management.:smile:
Original post by ansh
I have applied for Msc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management.:smile:

Oh you're doing your MSc! That's awesome. :biggrin: And thanks for the friend invite. :smile: Here's hoping we both (actually, everyone) has good news to share come August.
Reply 1510
Original post by ansh

don't expect it soon, you're well, well ahead of the deadline (how many months) and they give out offers in batches but obviously have to wait for a certain number before the first batch
Reply 1511
Original post by nuage
don't expect it soon, you're well, well ahead of the deadline (how many months) and they give out offers in batches but obviously have to wait for a certain number before the first batch

hmmmm....u're right:smile:
Reply 1512
Oh you're doing your MSc! That's awesome. :biggrin: And thanks for the friend invite. :smile: Here's hoping we both (actually, everyone) has good news to share come August.

m sure we will....and even if we don't get the good news, its Kings bad luck not to have students like us...:tongue:
Reply 1513
I have a lil prob here, i really like REALLLLY wanna get to king's,
I've firmed it, and the offer is AAB (for Pharmacy), i did my bio exam, and i don't think it went well, do you think maybe they'll accept AAC if i call them on result's day!
It's like a "must-go" thing for me!
Original post by tamitm
I have a lil prob here, i really like REALLLLY wanna get to king's,
I've firmed it, and the offer is AAB (for Pharmacy), i did my bio exam, and i don't think it went well, do you think maybe they'll accept AAC if i call them on result's day!
It's like a "must-go" thing for me!

don't know :frown: it says on the website they don't accept even equivalent grades. e.g. A*AC for an AAB offer

Im in a similar situation to you, wondering if I can get in for an AAA course with AAB
Bloody hell, firmed KCL for neuroscience but after some of my exams I'm not seeing it :frown:
I firmed for English and French, and I'm entirely sceptical that I'll get in. French will be my downfall, I almost wish I'd just applied for a full English course.
Reply 1517
Is anyone applying for dentistry here?!? x
any unconditionals for german and hispanic studies/any other foreign languages? i'm getting rather excited about starting in september... :smile:
Reply 1519
Its been 6 weeks, still no reply from kings....I shoot them an enquiry regarding same nd all i get is that "your application is being considered by our program tutor, you shall be informed once a decision is made." WTF!!!:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest