The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by emilystorey
any unconditionals for german and hispanic studies/any other foreign languages? i'm getting rather excited about starting in september... :smile:

Yes!! Not the same course... but unconditional for Portuguese and Brazilian Studies! Am very very excited!!:biggrin:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1521
Original post by ansh
Its been 6 weeks, still no reply from kings....I shoot them an enquiry regarding same nd all i get is that "your application is being considered by our program tutor, you shall be informed once a decision is made." WTF!!!:mad:

summer hasn't even started yet. honestly, if you're getting impatient already think about people who are left hanging nearer the deadline. also this is 2012 applicants' thread, not 2013; there probably isn't even a 2013 thread yet because King's still don't have a full load of 2012 entrants! chill man
Reply 1522
Original post by nuage
summer hasn't even started yet. honestly, if you're getting impatient already think about people who are left hanging nearer the deadline. also this is 2012 applicants' thread, not 2013; there probably isn't even a 2013 thread yet because King's still don't have a full load of 2012 entrants! chill man

I understand...but hey i have applied for Msc for 2012-13...nd yea...ll b patient...sorry:frown:
Reply 1523
Original post by BologneseDimSum
Bloody hell, firmed KCL for neuroscience but after some of my exams I'm not seeing it :frown:

Is this postgrad Neuroscience MSc, if you are doing it let me know coz I am looking for people to shar accommodation with.
Reply 1524
I'm looking preferably for post-graduate students at Kings to share accommodation with. My friend and I will be looking in the Southwark/Camberwell area. Younger students contact us too, if this is what you are looking for. Thanks
Reply 1525
Is anyone a post-grad in the Institute of Psychiatry doing Neuroscience MSc?
Reply 1526
Hey guys! A friend of mine had an offer from Kings for Business. It was 38 points on the IB with 666 at HL. Yesterday, when results came out he actually scored a 42, but with 765 at HL. Do you think they will still take him? Do you have any advice?

Thanks! :smile:
hello!

what do you guys think is the chance of being allocated to 3rd choice accommodation? I put brian creamer and wolfson as 1st and second, then GDSA as third.

thanks
--
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by amk933
Hey guys! A friend of mine had an offer from Kings for Business. It was 38 points on the IB with 666 at HL. Yesterday, when results came out he actually scored a 42, but with 765 at HL. Do you think they will still take him? Do you have any advice?

Thanks! :smile:

Great score! Emailing to ask might be an idea, though I'm not sure what chances are. I'm helping a friend too as they missed their offer by 1 IB point, and that's what they've done. It might be a big wait though :/

On another note, I've been confirmed my place at King's after IB results were sent :smile: Can't wait
Reply 1530
Original post by maxcartwright
hello!

what do you guys think is the chance of being allocated to 3rd choice accommodation? I put brian creamer and wolfson as 1st and second, then GDSA as third.

thanks

you put this on the accomm thread too didn't you, it's very random lol? is it that on reflection you really want or really don't want GDSA? well, at the Open Day the lady said a computer randomly numbers each of your choices and then randomly chooses a number and that's how accommodation is sorted
Reply 1531
Original post by maxcartwright
hello!

thanks

Chances are going to be fairly low. GDSA and SSA are the two most popular accommodations so they will get filled up pretty quickly with people's first/second choices. Brian Creamer would be the next popular one and then probably Wolfson.

I'm not going say you'll definitely get this, but judging by what you've applied for it is pretty likely that you will get Brian Creamer or Wolfson as your accommodation, although if you're very unlucky then you could end up with your 4th+ choice (This random ballot thing is ridiculous IMO - I got lucky in my first year though and got my first choice at SSA).
I got my unconditional offer yesteday! MA Cultural and Creative Industries. I am so relieved. The search for housing starts. Anyone else on this masters?
Hey guys I had a question about the myapplication website. For the Application Status, does "Confirmation" mean that we got in? I just need to double check :smile: and on an irrelevant note, can they change their decision and reject you even after you receive "confirmation"?
Hi, I have applied for postgraduate accomadation. I only put down 2 choices which were the stamford street apartments and moon ranker point. I was just wondering what the chances of me getting a place might be?
Just wondering if anyone was doing MSc. Risk Analysis?
Reply 1536
Original post by Asiangeek
Hi, I have applied for postgraduate accomadation. I only put down 2 choices which were the stamford street apartments and moon ranker point. I was just wondering what the chances of me getting a place might be?

Have you just applied? If that's the case, I wouldn't say it's unlikely but it will be less likely than usual as they've already started handing out accommodation for PG students.
Original post by hct1802
Have you just applied? If that's the case, I wouldn't say it's unlikely but it will be less likely than usual as they've already started handing out accommodation for PG students.

I applied in March or April. I guess just waiting... Thanks for the reply.
Original post by pinklily07
Hey guys I had a question about the myapplication website. For the Application Status, does "Confirmation" mean that we got in? I just need to double check :smile: and on an irrelevant note, can they change their decision and reject you even after you receive "confirmation"?

I had a confirmation today for my course and my UCAS updated to unconditional soon after, not sure if they can change it though.
Reply 1539
Original post by Asiangeek
I applied in March or April. I guess just waiting... Thanks for the reply.

In that case it might be worth calling them up and asking about what's happening with your accommodation application.

Quick Reply

Latest