The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
Murder those who have not read the books. Murder them. :colonhash:

We could put them in the Games? :evil:

My friend said that she would buy me a mockingjay pin on eBay if I paid her back, but they're £20! :eek:
i hadn't heard of hunger games before i seen the movie.Have to wait another day for my ISA provisional result-databasing and double checking and if they aren't done tommorow i'll have to wait 2 weeks.Got my work experience hours today-8.30-3.30-not too bad!!!
Original post by Dalek1099
i hadn't heard of hunger games before i seen the movie.Have to wait another day for my ISA provisional result-databasing and double checking and if they aren't done tommorow i'll have to wait 2 weeks.Got my work experience hours today-8.30-3.30-not too bad!!!

:ahee:
42/50-A ISA Result-so disappointed
Reply 2044
Hunger games+ nandos next week :biggrin:
Original post by Mr.Nor
Hunger games+ nandos next week :biggrin:

Have fun! :biggrin: I'm going to see it again with different friends on Sunday.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone on here ever read Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief? One of my friends lent it to me a couple of days ago, but I'm ashamed to say that I haven't even opened it yet. I'm hoping to read it over the Easter break. :smile:
Hi everyone! Haven't posted in a while...

I saw THG on March 22nd at 7.30pm! It was the first screening and it was so EPIC! I LOVED IT <3

I did, of course, read the books first, which is probably what I recommend if you're going to see it. It just probably makes things a bit clearer and easier to understand, as I'm sure some others may agree? The movie is a great compliment to the books!

It broke records too of the "Best-selling midnight premiere for a non-sequel" which is awesome! ;3

Though some critics say there's too much violence and gore for it's 12A rating. I think it's absolutely fine. Sure, a few parts are disgusting for squeamish people, but nothing major...
Original post by Dougieowner
Hi everyone! Haven't posted in a while...

I saw THG on March 22nd at 7.30pm! It was the first screening and it was so EPIC! I LOVED IT <3

I'm so jealous :biggrin: I had to wait until Wednesday. Well worth the wait, though. :smile:

I did, of course, read the books first, which is probably what I recommend if you're going to see it. It just probably makes things a bit clearer and easier to understand, as I'm sure some others may agree? The movie is a great compliment to the books!

Yep, if someone watches the film without reading the books then they're robbing themselves of a really awesome book :biggrin:

Is it me, or when you try to explain the story to someone who hasn't read the book, does it sound really bad :tongue: I tried to explain it to my friend and she was like "Okay.... right.... :lolwut:" afterwards :tongue:.

It broke records too of the "Best-selling midnight premiere for a non-sequel" which is awesome! ;3

Suck it, Twilight :colone:

Though some critics say there's too much violence and gore for it's 12A rating. I think it's absolutely fine. Sure, a few parts are disgusting for squeamish people, but nothing major...

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why parents are complaining, pretty much every single synopsis I've read mentions that the kids have to 'fight to the death' or whatever, so it's not like the so-called gore would be a surprise. It wasn't even gory, and that's coming from a really squeamish person! :tongue:

--

I'm such a moron, I somehow managed to spill a bottle of TCP over myself earlier, and now I smell awful. *Sigh* Just another day in the life of Tails :tongue:

Also, horse riding tomorrow (for DofE, if you're wondering) :woo: I'm trying to prepare myself for how much I'm going to fail at it :tongue: .

Anyway, 'night everyone :yawn:

Before everyone said how good it was, I was worried that the low rating would mean that it didn't really do the books justice. A lot of the book depends on the intensity of the Games.
So pleased to be off for 2 weeks but i will miss my garlic bread and pizza,at break time.French Speaking test 2nd week of summer term and 5th week of summer term-i have my 1st external summer exam the RE paper 1 exam-should go smoothly because i got 98% in the mock.Can't wait to start wearing the summer uniform instead of the tie.One more tewrm left of Y10 then Y11-time goes by like that(clicks)-Doctor Who Quote,which i believe is true.16 in October-i am becoming old!!!
Reply 2050
Yo guys its easter, are you all using this holiday to revise for your exams?!
Original post by MayceA

Welcome to TSR :hi:

I might do a bit of revision. I probably SHOULD, I have 15 exams when I get back :eek: . In reality though, I'll probably do nothing for almost two weeks, then just cram in the weekend before we go back :redface:
Reply 2052

Woah 15 exams? :O I have 8 all in may/june. Are they for your yr 10 exams then?

haha i cant be ****ed to do revision, but i know that if i dont, i will FAIL.
Original post by MayceA

Woah 15 exams? :O I have 8 all in may/june. Are they for your yr 10 exams then?

haha i cant be ****ed to do revision, but i know that if i dont, i will FAIL.

Yep :frown: I have 6 in Maths alone! :eek: Fortunately only 4 of them are real (four maths exams), and the other 11 are just mocks.

My exams aren't immediately when I get back, so I'll probably do more revision closer to the time.
Reply 2054
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Yep :frown: I have 6 in Maths alone! :eek: Fortunately only 4 of them are real (four maths exams), and the other 11 are just mocks.

My exams aren't immediately when I get back, so I'll probably do more revision closer to the time.

Ohhhh the mocks dont matter then do they? Your so lucky to just have 4 real exams!
Original post by MayceA
Ohhhh the mocks dont matter then do they? Your so lucky to just have 4 real exams!

I'd rather have all of my exams spread out, to be honest. The four maths exams are the ONLY proper exams I have had this year. Year 11 is going to be so stressful :frown:
Reply 2056
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'd rather have all of my exams spread out, to be honest. The four maths exams are the ONLY proper exams I have had this year. Year 11 is going to be so stressful :frown:

Damn, we are so different! I have all 8 exams ( the three sciences, business, maths unit2, history, english lit and language) all in may/summer. Then another 8 next summer in yr 11!
Original post by MayceA

I find that two weeks of Minecraft with my friends is much more enjoyable than revision :colonhash:
I find that two weeks of Minecraft with my friends is much more enjoyable than revision :colonhash:

I'm such a mad cat lady on that game :tongue:

Tame ALL the ocelots.
Reply 2059

i find that ANYTHING is much more enjoyable than revision :cool:

but its got to be done eh

Latest