The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
...I don't really see what's so difficult. Just finding gradients.

of complicated graphs-I know how to do perpendicular and parallel graphs but not much from there.
Original post by Dalek1099
of complicated graphs-I know how to do perpendicular and parallel graphs but not much from there.

Well then you are pretty bad at maths.

I am in year 11 and we started calculus and all AS maths at the beginning of year 11.

The basics of calculus is very easy. To differentiate you just take the power down and multiply it by the coefficient of x, and integration is simply the reverse.
Then you can apply it to gradients and stuff.

AS Maths is very easy and is a joke. A2 Maths is fairly hard. But I can do all of AS and most of A2 Maths in year 11 which shows A-Level Maths really isn't hard.

But for someone foo your ability, I suppose finisng a gradient is hard.

And don't act like you know what your talking about, that it is gradients on complicated graphs.
Graphs are all the same!!! It is the fact you are finding a gradient of a curve, not a line. And then it is only a point on the curve since the gradient changes infrequently!

Leibniz is the inventor of calculus, I repute any claim made by Newton. Newton is great and obvviously he and Leinbniz seperately founded calculus but it was Leibniz who truly did so. And their notation wouldn't be laughed at today. d/dx is a higher mathematical notation for differentiation, invented by Leibiz, and since it is with respect to y a lot of the time it is more commonly dy/dx.

Btw egyptians had really started calulus and applied it to volumes in like 1000BC so they beat them all.
tbh, i like maths but its pretty difficult because i get confused THERE ARE SO MANY RULES!
Any ways, What have y'll been up to this Easter break? Any revision/studies?
I made a revision timetable.. doing 2 and half hours 4 days a week revision.. 10 hours a week, i think thats doable.
Original post by Saleemadat

Revision of my love of procrastination :colonhash:
Reply 2406

Attempting four hours a day, one hour for one subject. Attempting being the key word :rolleyes:
Original post by chloe--
Attempting four hours a day, one hour for one subject. Attempting being the key word :rolleyes:

thats quite alot, dont you get side tracked?
Reply 2408
Original post by jennifer.tariah
thats quite alot, dont you get side tracked?

I do, but I have to do it sometime unless I don't want to do well.
Anyone else doing the OCR R.S exam on the 15th of May? and the AQA English LIT unit 2 on the 24/05?
Reply 2410
Original post by ErinHannah
Anyone else doing the OCR R.S exam on the 15th of May? and the AQA English LIT unit 2 on the 24/05?

I have AQA RS on the 31st of May and have a Chemistry exam on the day you have your English Lit.:smile:
Reply 2411
Btw how does everyone revise? Do you just make notes then learn them? :tongue:
Original post by ErinHannah

I have AQA English Lit Unit 2 on the same day. I'm using the moon on tides book for the poems.
Reply 2413
Original post by jennifer.tariah
Random Morning question guys! where is everyone from? like whats your race?

I'll start, I'm Natively Nigerian and I'm black (obviously) lol

Portugal just moved here in September but had english parents :smile:
tomorrow, it will be my seventh time going to the hospital in this Easter break :bawling:

Well, I went to see the Hunger Games today with my friend.

For the third time :tongue:

Original post by Mahii
Btw how does everyone revise? Do you just make notes then learn them? :tongue:

Ermm... I don't :colondollar:

tomorrow, it will be my seventh time going to the hospital in this Easter break :bawling:

Oh dear, I hope you're okay! Get well soon :smile:
I need motivation to revise and complete past papers...

I just can't be bothered at the moment even though I have nothing else to do...
Original post by Dougieowner

I just can't be bothered at the moment even though I have nothing else to do...

This.

It just sums me up perfectly :frown:

New series of Russell Howard starts in and hour though :ahee:
Original post by Mr.Nor
Portugal just moved here in September but had english parents :smile:

:O i can speak a lil Portuguese, but im terrible. i love the look of portugal, i swear its like hot 365 days a year right?

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Well, I went to see the Hunger Games today with my friend.

For the third time :tongue:

lol i watched it twice. last week and three weeks ago its AMAZING!

Awwww why? you okay?
Does Anyone here even DO Edxcel?

Latest