The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Lol you should be proud (Sorry, didn't mean to make people feel that way). You probably did really well and that B2 last year was the lowest 100 UMS boundary I have ever seen :smile: Do you do AQA? Oh, and if you score full UMS, it means that you scored one of the top marks out of everyone who did the exam :smile:
Haha, I don't think your post came across badly at all! :smile: I still am quite proud (:colondollar:), I'll admit. Nah, I do OCR. I'm intrigued about our grade boundaries now. :biggrin:
Who did their chemistry exam on the 1st march and received their results? If so, when?
By the way, Hello all
Original post by Saleemadat
By the way, Hello all

Hello!
Hi everyone :smile:

Done anything fun today? I'm back from a DofE meeting. Not the most interesting thing ever, but I suppose it had to be done :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Hi everyone :smile:

Done anything fun today? I'm back from a DofE meeting. Not the most interesting thing ever, but I suppose it had to be done :smile:

I went to my Dad's work and went on Skype with my sister as the internet's really fast there. Then I watched some YouTube videos etc. Of course I did no homework. :tongue:

Original post by MangoFreak
Wait.

She? :lolwut: :rofl:

God damnit, I guess people aren't kidding when they tell me some of my female friends are more masculine than myself :colonhash:

Sorry so much, I wasn't meant to be offensive or anything and didn't mean anything bad. I actually mixed you up for someone else on this forum and will remember that you're not a girl in the future.
Original post by Dougieowner
I went to my Dad's work and went on Skype with my sister as the internet's really fast there. Then I watched some YouTube videos etc. Of course I did no homework. :tongue:

Ahh, don't talk to me about homework :plz2: I have four pieces due on Monday alone that I haven't even started. :tongue:

Cool, where does your dad work? (In the least stalkerish way possible :tongue: )

On an unrelated note, is it weird that I sniffed a horse's toenail today? :redface: That was, uhh... a bit of a surreal experience... (I should add that it wasn't still attached to the horse :tongue: )
Original post by Dalek1099
Even if I was terrible at a subject,I would still be targeted A* because my school is stupid with targets and targets everyone the same grade for all their subjects and I'm not really very good at Physics.

Yeah,

Just like my school, i was predicted such low grades like Ds but as soon as i started the subjects the teachers raised it due to my ability.
Original post by Pandora.
Haha, I don't think your post came across badly at all! :smile: I still am quite proud (:colondollar:), I'll admit. Nah, I do OCR. I'm intrigued about our grade boundaries now. :biggrin:

Phew, thanks! :colondollar: Lol, nothing wrong with being proud about something that's worth being proud of :tongue: Ahhh OK, I don't think the OCR boundaries are as ridiculous as the AQA boundaries are :smile:
Ahh, don't talk to me about homework :plz2: I have four pieces due on Monday alone that I haven't even started. :tongue:

Cool, where does your dad work? (In the least stalkerish way possible :tongue: )

On an unrelated note, is it weird that I sniffed a horse's toenail today? :redface: That was, uhh... a bit of a surreal experience... (I should add that it wasn't still attached to the horse :tongue: )

No offence but - What the complete **********

I really do hope you will reply with a logical explanation to thi, because I really can't think of one!!!:tongue:
I got a B grade in Maths Linear, but I got 123 marks, and 124 was an A. My teacher has asked for it to be remarked, do you think that there's a chance that I could get an A seeing as I was 1 mark away?
Thanks
Original post by GreenLantern1
No offence but - What the complete **********

I really do hope you will reply with a logical explanation to thi, because I really can't think of one!!!:tongue:

Will this do? :tongue:

Me, my mum and a random girl were walking around at the riding stable that I go to for DofE. My mum sees a dog chewing on something. We stop to stroke the dog.

Dog: *Spits out horse toenail*
Mum: I used to love the smell of horse toenails
Me: :lolwut:
Dog: *Picks up toenail again*
Mum: Dogs love them too!
Me: B...but WHY!?
Girl: Oh yeah, I love the smell of horse hoenail!
Dog: *Spits lump of dog slobber and horse toenail into my hand*
Me: :yucky:
[INDENT]...
*Slowly sniffs it*[/INDENT]

I should add that NO, it does not smell lovely.

I really do have to wonder what my life has come to when I am reduced to smelling parts of horses and then posting about it on the internet :sigh:
Will this do? :tongue:

Me, my mum and a random girl were walking around at the riding stable that I go to for DofE. My mum sees a dog chewing on something. We stop to stroke the dog.

Dog: *Spits out horse toenail*
Mum: I used to love the smell of horse toenails
Dog: *Picks up toenail again*
Mum: Dogs love them too!
Me: B...but WHY!?
Girl: Oh yeah, I love the smell of horse hoenail!
Dog: *Spits lump of dog slobber and horse toenail into my hand*
Me: :yucky:
[INDENT]...
*Slowly sniffs it*[/INDENT]

I should add that NO, it does not smell lovely.

I really do have to wonder what my life has come to when I am reduced to smelling parts of horses and then posting about it on the internet :sigh:

That does make you come across as less weirder but your family seem to be slightly more so.

I think we should just move away from this conversation. Goodbye:ashamed:
As far as I'm aware*, it's always 90% UMS for an A*, 80% for an A, and so forth (at least for Edexcel Maths anyway). Imagine for example that the exam was out of 50 raw marks, and there was a freak year in which nobody got above 35 raw marks. This would equate to 70 UMS marks - assuming that marks are doubled to find UMS - which would mean that nobody that year would get above a B. Obviously this cannot happen because exam boards need to hand out certain numbers of A*s, A, etc each year, so the UMS boundaries would have to be adjusted for that year.

So yeah, I think Dalek's right on that account. I do agree with Mango though in that knowledge of the content completely outweighs the need for knowledge of the system.

*please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know how things actually work. :colone:

Oh, I didn't know that. That seems pretty freaking stupid.
Original post by usycool1
Lol you should be proud (Sorry, didn't mean to make people feel that way). You probably did really well and that B2 last year was the lowest 100 UMS boundary I have ever seen :smile: Do you do AQA? Oh, and if you score full UMS, it means that you scored one of the top marks out of everyone who did the exam :smile:

I've been told that the boundaries for our upcoming science exams are about half marks for an A :colonhash:

Of course it would be silly of me to assume this is correct considering the topic of the previous conversation :ahee: I don't think my teacher was proclaiming it as correct, just what he has heard.
Original post by GreenLantern1
EDIT: I think it is your display picture of a mango which is rather femeinine. Due to that I too assumed you were a girl, although I knew you were a boy because you have the male symbol next to your name.

I am intrigued by this notion that mangoes look feminine :lolwut:
Original post by MangoFreak
I've been told that the boundaries for our upcoming science exams are about half marks for an A :colonhash:

Of course it would be silly of me to assume this is correct considering the topic of the previous conversation :ahee: I don't think my teacher was proclaiming it as correct, just what he has heard.
Not true: the boundaries for upcoming exams aren't set until all of your exams have been marked. :wink:
Not true: the boundaries for upcoming exams aren't set until all of your exams have been marked. :wink:

That's what I thought, but it's nice to hope :awesome:
Reply 2618
I love year 10! What GCSEs are everyone taking? I've done French, and I'm taking, Maths, English, English lit., Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, R.s short course, b-tech sport and Spanish. I'm also doing I.b French, and a-level Physics. Bit worried, like everyone, But I'm sure you'll all do great. and I don't even think GCSEs are THAT important(:
Original post by ellen_l
I love year 10! What GCSEs are everyone taking? I've done French, and I'm taking, Maths, English, English lit., Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, R.s short course, b-tech sport and Spanish. I'm also doing I.b French, and a-level Physics. Bit worried, like everyone, But I'm sure you'll all do great. and I don't even think GCSEs are THAT important(:

They're not :awesome:

How'd you get into doing A-Level Physics?

Latest