Current Year 10 Thread (2011/2012)

Rep:
    I've been revising Biology all week as the exam's on Tuesday. I think I understand most of it now which is good. I redid the mock we did last night and got 53/60, but because we went through the answers I already knew some. But it's remembering the facts, right? :L

And today a little later on I might start some Chemistry. That'll probably require more revision than Biology. And then Physics. Aaaah, hate it.

I'm excited for when these exams are over. They stress me out. :rolleyes:

Rep:
    (Original post by Dougieowner)
    I've been revising Biology all week as the exam's on Tuesday. I think I understand most of it now which is good. I redid the mock we did last night and got 53/60, but because we went through the answers I already knew some. But it's remembering the facts, right? :L

And today a little later on I might start some Chemistry. That'll probably require more revision than Biology. And then Physics. Aaaah, hate it.

HOw do you revsise for chem and biology ... i just cant do it ... i have a revision guide but it now seems worthless and nothing is new , but there are things i still cant do on exams -.- whcih websites do you use or do you do mindmaps ?? i have to get an A on these because this is last time i can do them

Rep:
    Anyone doing AQA history on Friday?

Rep:
    Whos doing the aqa biology exam or aqa history exam on tuesday?

Rep:

Are you doing b1,c1 and p1 now?

Rep:

I've hated Biology since as long as I can remember. So I've been spending a lot of time on Biology revision as that's definitely going to be my weakest area out of all of the sciences.

I think Chemistry is easier than Biology but I remember when I mentioned that I got a lot of dirty looks off people in my class as they seemed to prefer Biology.

Yeah, gonna be nice when they're over.

Rep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    I'm doing the aqa history exam

Rep:
    Just wasted around 5 hours finishing Mass Effect 3... Damn I could of been revising but hell it's an amazing game.

Rep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    Just wasted around 5 hours finishing Mass Effect 3... Damn I could of been revising but hell it's an amazing game.
    Until the ending :rolleyes:

Rep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Until the ending :rolleyes:
    Yeah... I have about 7 tabs open trying to get to the bottom of that ending :l

Rep:
    (Original post by alj123)
    I'm doing the aqa history exam
    Hows your revision? I doubt the exams going to be that hard this year cause its the last year before the new spec

Rep:
    Are you doing b1,c1 and p1 now?
    Yes, I unfortunately am.

Rep:
    Yes, I unfortunately am.
    Well your lucky, i had to do p1 and c1 in january. I was 4 marks of an A* in both :/
    I was gutted. But im much better now and im sure i'll get an A* this time. Ask me if you need any help or tips.

Rep:
    Well your lucky, i had to do p1 and c1 in january. I was 4 marks of an A* in both :/
    I was gutted. But im much better now and im sure i'll get an A* this time. Ask me if you need any help or tips.
    I'm sure you can get an A* this time

I've not really revised much today. I did two Chemistry past papers on the old specification and did ok, but in the new one I'd have probably done bad. :L

For Biology I feel fine about it, but for Chemistry the stuff seems way more complicated to learn and remember, and for Physics I'm not too sure...

I suppose I could go revise some stuff now before I go to bed, I just hate how I have so much other homework in other subjects to do when I have exams coming up. They should calm down at this time!

I wanted to ask if you had any tips for those longer, 6 mark questions where you have to evaluate? Do you give 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages for each and then at the end give a conclusion into the final idea with why (plus a small counter-argument e.g. whilst it's this... in general, this is the better choice because...)?

Rep:
    I wanted to ask if you had any tips for those longer, 6 mark questions where you have to evaluate? Do you give 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages for each and then at the end give a conclusion into the final idea with why (plus a small counter-argument e.g. whilst it's this... in general, this is the better choice because...)?
    Assuming you get a question asking for advantages and disadvantages of a certain method/product/chemical/etc. but yeah, basically just make 6 points and don't make any SPaG mistakes, as Dalek would say. I'll bet he LOVES the new specification's 6 markers :awesome:

Rep:
    I'm sure you can get an A* this time

I've not really revised much today. I did two Chemistry past papers on the old specification and did ok, but in the new one I'd have probably done bad. :L

For Biology I feel fine about it, but for Chemistry the stuff seems way more complicated to learn and remember, and for Physics I'm not too sure...

I suppose I could go revise some stuff now before I go to bed, I just hate how I have so much other homework in other subjects to do when I have exams coming up. They should calm down at this time!

Haha, my school has a homework ban while we have our modules
    And is that Unit 1 new spec bio on tuesday??
    Im doing that and panicking even though I got a high A in a mock with zilch revision and I have revised now..

Rep:
    Assuming you get a question asking for advantages and disadvantages of a certain method/product/chemical/etc. but yeah, basically just make 6 points and don't make any SPaG mistakes, as Dalek would say. I'll bet he LOVES the new specification's 6 markers :awesome:
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. And I don't mind SPaG and pick it out in myself, just not in others. We do not have a duty to correct others unless they ask.

(Original post by tomp33)
    Haha, my school has a homework ban while we have our modules
    And is that Unit 1 new spec bio on tuesday??
    Im doing that and panicking even though I got a high A in a mock with zilch revision and I have revised now..
    Lucky you - my school's planning on doing that soon. But it probably won't happen...

Yes, it is. You'll be fine; good luck! I got a low A with no revision in the mock and re-did the mock a few days ago and got an A* after revising. Though in the actual exam I'll be very happy with a high A.

Rep:
    Anyone doing AQA history on Friday?
    Im doing AQA history but on Tuesday.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Rep:
    Im doing AQA history on Tuesday, Hows revising going? I think im almost ready!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Rep:
    Hows your revision? I doubt the exams going to be that hard this year cause its the last year before the new spec
    It's actually going really well! You?
    What topics are you doing?
: August 17, 2012

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.