The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
It was definitely harder than Jan12,with a lot of questions not just took straight from a textbook and I think I got 47/60.I don't think there is an unofficial mark scheme but there is a thread.

Definitely harder than the jan 12 exam, hopefully the grade boundaries are lowwwwww
Reply 3281
Algebraic proof questions better not come up in tomorrows maths paper.
I think I got 457.Did you do the maths exam for AQA? because I'm really stressing about the equation of the line question-I might not have got it right,after looking at people's answers on the exam thread and I would be devastated,if I didn't get 100%.

Can you link me to the exam thread? I can't find it.
Two more exams to go! Biology and chemistry; dreading chemistry though has a crap load of information to remember.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Can you link me to the exam thread? I can't find it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2028374
anyone do maths calculator paper today (AQA) , how did it go ?
Original post by techno836

I presume you must be finishing maths in year 10?I didn't do the paper because I do Modular.
I presume you must be finishing maths in year 10?I didn't do the paper because I do Modular.

yeah :L did both in jan got 1 off A* so resat now and waiting for MR m's markscheme so i can check .. i got ~86 on non calculator but im predicting ~94-96 on calculator :biggrin: but just gonna check when he puts on his markscheme :biggrin:
Hey my maths teacher actually made a fun lesson today :awesome:
:smile:
Hey everyone! Not year ten but I've started a course/few of the courses, how did you find year 10? Had my first ever Biology GCSE Exam AQA (B1) Which got me quite stressed out as we had to fit the entire B1 from February :I
I'm quite looking forward to year 10 to finally drop the subjects I despise (drama, art, etc...)
Reply 3290
Anyone on the Edexcel Certificate Science courses? We got changed from AQA to it halfway through the course!? We don't even really know why... The head of science just came out with it in class a few months ago. Anyone else switched courses halfway through or even anyone who switched from these courses?

Reply 3291
Original post by techno836

I didn't but a load of people did it as a resit, we did it in January. You doing Applications next Thursday?

Woo maths GCSE in November! Second time taking it since year 9, really hope I get A or A* because if I got lower than a B then I would be an idiot.

Original post by themancunian
Woo maths GCSE in November! Second time taking it since year 9, really hope I get A or A* because if I got lower than a B then I would be an idiot.

Aha, I'm doing it at the same time :biggrin: what board are you on? The rest of my year are doing it in June next year, so go me :awesome:
Original post by MangoFreak
Aha, I'm doing it at the same time :biggrin: what board are you on? The rest of my year are doing it in June next year, so go me :awesome:

Sat mine this week! Hopefully an A* so I can gets started on A Levels in Year 11 !:biggrin:
Original post by MangoFreak

I think I'm doing AQA as I did WJEC last time and that was before the linear changes
Reply 3296
Original post by Alix23
I'm doing it as well, on the new spec. So stressed as revision isn't going very well...

i know i'm a few days late with this reply but how did it go for you? I worked really hard and i got an A* in my mock and obvously all of us has practised questions with papers from the old specfication. This paper that we did on tuesday was just ridiculous! It was similar to the new specification. I now that both higher and foundation had the same last question. That weird palm olive tree thing. That was a really mean question. cos usually they give you loads of information and ask you to evaluate it. This time the worded it differently and the question was too vague. What did you think of the exam? I'm asking cos my class and my teacher were really annoyed about some questions. Btw, did you do higher or foundation?
Reply 3297
Original post by undiscovered_
:smile:
Hey everyone! Not year ten but I've started a course/few of the courses, how did you find year 10? Had my first ever Biology GCSE Exam AQA (B1) Which got me quite stressed out as we had to fit the entire B1 from February :I
I'm quite looking forward to year 10 to finally drop the subjects I despise (drama, art, etc...)

If you like art, you'll really enjoy it at GCSE. Its great! But lots of hard work and long nights though... warning in advance.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Sat mine this week! Hopefully an A* so I can gets started on A Levels in Year 11 !:biggrin:

I wish my school wasn't so scared of my doing badly; I might have sat it this year :colonhash:

Oh well, will hopefully be able to do some units of AS Maths next year, perhaps the whole thing.
Personally I find maths pretty easy so I'm definitely doing it at a level plus further maths but even though I'm fairly good at physics at chemistry I'm getting B/A in the exams because I've got terrible exam technique. I wanna do these subjects at a level as well, so anyone got tips on the exam/revision technique?

Latest