The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I once ate something involved in a Chemistry experiment in year 10. I won't say what, but it didn't react with my stomach in the best of ways. I'm stupid, I know :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
I once ate something involved in a Chemistry experiment in year 10. I won't say what, but it didn't react with my stomach in the best of ways. I'm stupid, I know :tongue:

Product or reactant? If you don't want to specific then by sure don't be ^.^ - Just being curious. - Going through all my old reports, (scanning them all) and I find I was a pretty quite kid back in primary. Life has changed sooo much since then.
Original post by themancunian
Product or reactant? If you don't want to specific then by sure don't be ^.^ - Just being curious. - Going through all my old reports, (scanning them all) and I find I was a pretty quite kid back in primary. Life has changed sooo much since then.

I might as well just say, it's stupid regardless of the substance or whatever. It was copper carbonate (as far as I remember). It looked nice so I just went for it :tongue: Awww yeah, same! I was reading my last ever one for school, quite sad really :frown:
Original post by Lucy96
I might as well just say, it's stupid regardless of the substance or whatever. It was copper carbonate (as far as I remember). It looked nice so I just went for it :tongue: Awww yeah, same! I was reading my last ever one for school, quite sad really :frown:

Copper carbonate flame tests are cool! Most flame tests are cool; burning things is fun!
Original post by Lucy96
I might as well just say, it's stupid regardless of the substance or whatever. It was copper carbonate (as far as I remember). It looked nice so I just went for it :tongue: (

As you do!? :tongue:

In fairness, Copper Carbonate is actually a really pretty colour :ahee:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
As you do!? :tongue:

In fairness, Copper Carbonate is actually a really pretty colour :ahee:

Yeah... don't know what was going through my head that day! :tongue: And precisely, there's at least an ounce of sense behind my actions. :wink:
Original post by Lucy96

I once drunk limewater instead of blowing it and have burnt scientific equipment-I'm terrible at practical experiments.
Original post by Dalek1099
I once drunk limewater instead of blowing it and have burnt scientific equipment-I'm terrible at practical experiments.

Hahahaha sounds fun :tongue: I've never done it, but people constantly practically blowing up test tubes is pretty funny!
I may or may not have dropped countless test tubes on the floor, as well as once spilling a whole bottle of iodine. :ninja:

I'm great at science, me :tongue:
I may or may not have dropped countless test tubes on the floor, as well as once spilling a whole bottle of iodine. :ninja:

I'm great at science, me :tongue:

I think a burette is the worst for me; titration's are quite long and boring
I think a burette is the worst for me; titration's are quite long and boring

hmmm my worst is being electricuted in class :frown: ...and being set on fire (same day :frown: ) .... the fire one was on purpose my teacher demonstrated how you can control fire :biggrin:
Secondary school practicals are basically the devil's work, I think that's what we can infer from this.
Original post by techno836
hmmm my worst is being electricuted in class :frown:

My teacher told the story of how one guy at the school he used to teach at hooked a paperclip through his braces, stuck the clip in the mains socket, then turned it on :lolwut: :rofl: .
My teacher told the story of how one guy at the school he used to teach at hooked a paperclip through his braces, stuck the clip in the mains socket, then turned it on :lolwut: :rofl: .

ohhh no mine was static elec so nothing too stupid :biggrin: :L

How do you even get a paperclip long enough to acomplish that? :lolwut:
...and being set on fire (same day :frown: ) .... the fire one was on purpose my teacher demonstrated how you can control fire :biggrin:

Does it involve glycerol, washing up liquid and some methane gas? Because I was set on fire the other day...
Does it involve glycerol, washing up liquid and some methane gas? Because I was set on fire the other day...

i dont know ..this was 2 years ago ..it might have been :L but cant remember really
hmmm my worst is being electricuted in class :frown: ...and being set on fire (same day :frown: ) .... the fire one was on purpose my teacher demonstrated how you can control fire :biggrin:

Your teacher set you on fire?-how is that legal?Only one week left of school,before the end of Year 10 and then its Year 11,only one year left-I think I'm feeling the 4th dimension too much.
Original post by Dalek1099
Your teacher set you on fire?-how is that legal?Only one week left of school,before the end of Year 10 and then its Year 11,only one year left-I think I'm feeling the 4th dimension too much.

i dunno but it was woth the paperwork and risk assessment he filled in probably :biggrin: ... it was wierd you couldnt even feel it :L
i dunno but it was woth the paperwork and risk assessment he filled in probably :biggrin: ... it was wierd you couldnt even feel it :L

I am guessing you had to wet your hand/arm/area you were set on fire. - Big Bang Theory TV show FTW! Something to waste 7 weeks with...

Latest