Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Current Year 10 Thread (2011/2012)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 228 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Not sure when we finish, hopefully early :awesome: probably not though, but that's ok, I have English last period, and it will be the last lesson after we've finished Macbeth coursework with our English-hating, Media-heading teacher :awesome:

Is anyone doing/done AS Critical Thinking? Some of my year are doing it in Year 11
    Critical Thinking and General Studies - LMAO!:facepalm:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I'm in year 11 now! And I'm still 4 foot 9 ><

Actually, I've already techincally started year 11, because at my school we do three weeks of the following year before the summer holidays, so I was in year 11 since the end of May. Still, it's going to be scary going back knowing I'm in year 11!

I took ICT and Art last year and this year I've taken Textiles and Philosophy and Ethics. I'm 'bricking' it, as some would say. My memory just doesn't serve me well sometimes :-(
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir0rb)

Actually, I've already techincally started year 11, because at my school we do three weeks of the following year before the summer holidays, so I was in year 11 since the end of May. Still, it's going to be scary going back knowing I'm in year 11!

I took ICT and Art last year and this year I've taken Textiles and Philosophy and Ethics. I'm 'bricking' it, as some would say. My memory just doesn't serve me well sometimes :-(
    Hi there, are you new round here? I don't think I've seen you post in this thread before

I'm only 5ft. Forever a midget

I do ICT, Art and Philosophy too Not textiles though, I can't sew for toffee!
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadab786ahmed)
    Critical Thinking and General Studies - LMAO!:facepalm:
    I don't have so much of a problem with CT as I do with GS. I can't make myself dislike AS Critical Thinking purely because it's taught by the best teacher ever (this guy has Mr. T bubble bath in his cupboard, along with whips :awesome:)

If we were forced to do it at A-Level, then I might object, due to it taking away study time from other subjects, but it's THAT TEACHER :ahee:

We're doing General Studies GCSE, but I'm ok with that, because a) it's a GCSE and b) we'd otherwise be doing Citizenship, including coursework - not anymore oh and also c) guess who's teaching it? THAT TEACHER :ahee:
    • 228 followers

ReputationRep:

I feel.so.short.too!!! 5"6...
    • 228 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have so much of a problem with CT as I do with GS. I can't make myself dislike AS Critical Thinking purely because it's taught by the best teacher ever (this guy has Mr. T bubble bath in his cupboard, along with whips :awesome:)

If we were forced to do it at A-Level, then I might object, due to it taking away study time from other subjects, but it's THAT TEACHER :ahee:

We're doing General Studies GCSE, but I'm ok with that, because a) it's a GCSE and b) we'd otherwise be doing Citizenship, including coursework - not anymore oh and also c) guess who's teaching it? THAT TEACHER :ahee:
    I am guessing... That THAT teacher is beyond awesomeness... :P
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    4 foot 9
    :lolwut:

Laughing at your height (I'm not trying to insult, I swear ) aside, I'm still not seeing why Year 11 would feel any different, at least up to exam season, despite what people are saying :dontknow:

On that note,
    (Original post by Dougieowner)
    DOUGIE!
    change the thread title pretty please to Year 11, you should do that like yeah :awesome: no rush
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing... That THAT teacher is beyond awesomeness... :P
    Oh yah! :awesome:

Oh, and by the way guys, just thought I'd mention that I'm rocking a height of 6"2' - 6"4' :ahee:

Still thin as a toothpick though :unimpressed:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    How is that a bad thing?!
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    theoretical physics!
    Gordon Freeman? Is that you? :ahee:

Ignore me if you have no idea what I'm talking about
    • 228 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yah! :awesome:

Oh, and by the way guys, just thought I'd mention that I'm rocking a height of 6"2' - 6"4' :ahee:

Jealous a meager height of 5"6 against a staggering giant (relatively) of 6"3 (average).. :unimpressed:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    How is that a bad thing?!
    Well, I'm not saying I want to be a chubster :ahee: but a slower metabolism might be useful in gaining SOME muscle mass.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jealous a meager height of 5"6 against a staggering giant (relatively) of 6"3 (average).. :unimpressed:
    5' 6" is still giant compared to me! Some of the current Year 6s who came in for induction day were taller than me.... :sigh:
    • 228 followers

ReputationRep:
    5' 6" is still giant compared to me! Some of the current Year 6s who came in for induction day were taller than me.... :sigh:
    Oh don't worry years below me are giants
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    That reminds me of this Year 7 (probably 8 now, actually I have no idea, someone younger than me) who was like an inch taller than me when I was about 6"0' I think he was younger than me to such a degree that the height was significant.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bah, height doesn't matter guys! It's what's inside, or some other touchy-feely crap...I could go on to describe this concept in terms of subjective ideas and opinionated beliefs, but who has the time? :ahee:
    • 228 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bah, height doesn't matter guys! It's what's inside, or some other touchy-feely crap...I could go on to describe this concept in terms of subjective ideas and opinionated beliefs, but who has the time? :ahee:
    Lol, I have a large personality to make up for my lack.of height! it's so big in fact, that I have to be very careful with it, :ninja:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Errmm... a week ago?

:lol: And had she?
    She said not, although how true that is is debatable
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Freeman? Is that you? :ahee:

Ignore me if you have no idea what I'm talking about
    "telepathically" Are you Alyx Vance? :beer: - City 17 is about to blow! (Woo Half-Life! - Still waiting fir HL3...)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Woah! Epic 12 A*s ay? In what?
    English Lit
    English Lang
    Maths
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Biology
    History
    Drama
    Textiles
    Chinese
    French
    Religious Studies
Updated: August 17, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.