The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by Dalek1099
I thought January was the first sitting of the exam for year 10s?

You can sit exams in November, January, March or June. It's up to the schools when they enter you.

EDIT: AQA released the grade boundaries for the November exams. It's 46/54 for an A* in Maths :l
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1021
Original post by chloe--
You can sit exams in November, January, March or June. It's up to the schools when they enter you.

EDIT: AQA released the grade boundaries for the November exams. It's 46/54 for an A* in Maths :l

85% sounds more than reasonable or an A*, what has it been in past years?
Original post by Cynical.

Original post by Cynical.
85% sounds more than reasonable or an A*, what has it been in past years?

the grade boundaries are very high this year because it was 42 in june and luckily thats when i sat it.
Original post by chloe--

The new specification starts January 2012
the grade boundaries are very high this year because it was 42 in june and luckily thats when i sat it.

It's probably because this one was a slightly easier paper, so they balance each other out.
Reply 1025
So damn nervous, just trying to do some revision whilst remembering I can re-sit it. |:
Reply 1026
I got a B on my maths exam+ A in history controlled assessment! :biggrin: what did y'all get?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1027
The new specification starts January 2012

What? o.o

Did anyone get their Math results today?
We were supposed to, but they didn't. We went to our teacher and asked her for them, but she said they'd be given out in registrations instead. And they weren't there in the afternoon, so we'll have to get them tomorrow instead :l
Reply 1028
What are OCR thinking with these Science Exams? The previous exams have included lots of tick boxes, I think I was presented with like 3 questions on tick boxes. This year there is much more ''Explain why this happens, the English you use will be judged etc'' yet we still get a hour. Writing = Takes longer than ticking boxers, we needed much more than a hour to do it, really annoyed me.

Anyway, 20 minutes past and I had completed B1 and think I did well, so I moved onto C1 and thought that I do okay on their too, then came P1. I really struggled and didn't think I got any right on P1, I regret spending so much time revising the other ones and neglecting the other ones now. :frown:

This next week will be fun, I thought the revision for the test I had just done was bad, but now I need to start all over again starting tonight, but this time revise for a maths test on Thursday too. So I have another Science exam on Wednesday (B2, C2 and P2) Then a Maths exam the day after that. Jesus Christ.
I got an A* in my maths exam! :biggrin:
And 28/30 in my Spanish speaking
and 39/40 in my English presentation

I'm very happy, but the biology exam was nerve-racking.
Original post by Jack59
What are OCR thinking with these Science Exams? The previous exams have included lots of tick boxes, I think I was presented with like 3 questions on tick boxes. This year there is much more ''Explain why this happens, the English you use will be judged etc'' yet we still get a hour. Writing = Takes longer than ticking boxers, we needed much more than a hour to do it, really annoyed me.

Anyway, 20 minutes past and I had completed B1 and think I did well, so I moved onto C1 and thought that I do okay on their too, then came P1. I really struggled and didn't think I got any right on P1, I regret spending so much time revising the other ones and neglecting the other ones now. :frown:

This next week will be fun, I thought the revision for the test I had just done was bad, but now I need to start all over again starting tonight, but this time revise for a maths test on Thursday too. So I have another Science exam on Wednesday (B2, C2 and P2) Then a Maths exam the day after that. Jesus Christ.

Do you do OCR Gateway?

Does anyone do OCR Gateway?
Reply 1031
Original post by MangoFreak
Do you do OCR Gateway?

Does anyone do OCR Gateway?

Nope, OCR 21st Century. I think its a good course though.
Reply 1032
Original post by bookworm1997
I got an A* in my maths exam! :biggrin:
And 28/30 in my Spanish speaking
and 39/40 in my English presentation

I'm very happy, but the biology exam was nerve-racking.

I got an A* too!!! I know I got the last question wrong so I was expecting an A but I got A* :smile:
Reply 1033
I did a b1c1p1 science exam today (ocr gateway science b, b71101), how did everyone find it?
Original post by Jack59
Nope, OCR 21st Century. I think its a good course though.

Oh :frown: it's just gateway sounds like it's meant to be a "gateway" to the real science for the less..."gifted". I suppose it doesn't make much difference but I don't want to be unprepared for A-Level Physics. I mean, I hear the jump is big anyway, I don't want to be even more behind.
Oh :frown: it's just gateway sounds like it's meant to be a "gateway" to the real science for the less..."gifted". I suppose it doesn't make much difference but I don't want to be unprepared for A-Level Physics. I mean, I hear the jump is big anyway, I don't want to be even more behind.

I'm in year 11 mate and gateway isn't for those who aren't as clever. They're just two specifications A and B given to the two of them, and they also gave them fancy names as most specifications have a name. They're both of equal difficulty.

And I can assure you, that you won't be behind at A-level for physics or any of the other sciences for that matter, since (well i do triple science) and if you do triple, you are essentially doing half of the AS material. You just build on it more at AS. Like with any triple science course, it will make you fully prepared for AS. Don't worry!:colondollar:
Original post by GreenLantern1
I'm in year 11 mate and gateway isn't for those who aren't as clever. They're just two specifications A and B given to the two of them, and they also gave them fancy names as most specifications have a name. They're both of equal difficulty.

And I can assure you, that you won't be behind at A-level for physics or any of the other sciences for that matter, since (well i do triple science) and if you do triple, you are essentially doing half of the AS material. You just build on it more at AS. Like with any triple science course, it will make you fully prepared for AS. Don't worry!:colondollar:

Haha yeah I was never too worried, but still, 21st century sounds cooler :tongue:
Should be doing Room 101 on Monday now, or at most Tuesday, depending on how long everyone else takes.

Is anyone doing the WJEC English course? I thought that was the Welsh course...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1038
Haha yeah I was never too worried, but still, 21st century sounds cooler :tongue:

21st Century is a good course, just so aslong as you're not learning about Nanotechnology :angry:
Original post by Jack59
21st Century is a good course, just so aslong as you're not learning about Nanotechnology :angry:

FFS I WANT TO LEARN ABOUT NANOTECHNOLOGY. DAMN MY SCHOOL TO HELL.

Not really though, they got me on a German/Russian course.

Latest