The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cynical.
Umm, ours is OCR Nationals thing, pretty crap, graded Pass/Merit/Distinction. Are you doing module crap like AO1,AO2 etc, making your own business?

Original post by Raza098
Are you doing exams for IT? All of ours is coursework, does this mean it's a BTEC? Have I just lost 2 GCSE's? The exam wasn't even that hard!

Yep it's a BTEC:frown:. It's the same at our school. We didn't even get a choice and we're supposed to be a 'Technology College' (Load of *******s really :rolleyes:)
Original post by Raza098
I'm assuming you like dogs? :-(

Me? Yeah, love 'em! I love all animals in general :biggrin: People think I'm weird because I don't mind spiders :tongue: I wish I had a dog, but it's not really possible. I have two rabbits and two chickens though (and getting two rats in a week! :dance: )

I'm assuming you don't like them?
As for CA's, I hate them. I seriously waffle on about such random crap when I have to write an essay, I never finish them in time :frown:

In fact (And don't tell anyone:wink:). Last year in a CA (mock) I did about a page and a half at home, and smuggled it into class, pretending I had done it there :ninja:
Reply 123
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Yep it's a BTEC:frown:. It's the same at our school. We didn't even get a choice and we're supposed to be a 'Technology College' (Load of *******s really :rolleyes:)

Compulsory here too. And I usually just about manage to write fast enough8D
You lot all need avatars and sigs :tongue:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
You lot all need avatars and sigs :tongue:

I don't have any ideas though :colondollar:
I don't have any ideas though :colondollar:

There's loads of avatars that are already on TSR, if you don't want to find your own image :smile: (If that made sense?)

You could just put your GCSE Subjects in your signature. Most people put their subjects and grades.
There's loads of avatars that are already on TSR, if you don't want to find your own image :smile: (If that made sense?)

You could just put your GCSE Subjects in your signature. Most people put their subjects and grades.

How do I even see peoples sigs? :confused:

How do I even see peoples sigs? :confused:

Settings > Edit Options . (Scroll down a bit to Thread Display Options)

Visible Post Elements: Make sure the Show Signatures box is checked
Additional Signature Options: Make sure Fold Signatures is on No

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Can't Wait for Thursday and Friday
going to be such lazy days :biggrin:

How i love teacher training<3
a nice 3 day week

Since my school became an academy, we seem to have gotten more days off!

a Thursday and Friday off in November too!:biggrin:
Oh and on the Subject of Pets :biggrin:

I own myself 2 Guinea Pigs :biggrin:

and then as a family we have
3 border collies, 2 tabby cats, 2 chinchillas and 2 fish:biggrin:
Original post by EloquentlySpoken
Oh and on the Subject of Pets :biggrin:

I own myself 2 Guinea Pigs :biggrin:

and then as a family we have
3 border collies, 2 tabby cats, 2 chinchillas and 2 fish:biggrin:

Border Collies :heart: I love chinchillas too :biggrin: Their fur is so soft and cuddly

Have fun on your days off! :smile:
Settings > Edit Options . (Scroll down a bit to Thread Display Options)

Visible Post Elements: Make sure the Show Signatures box is checked
Additional Signature Options: Make sure Fold Signatures is on No

:smile:

Reply 133

Might change my sig tomorrow though. =P
Dogs scare me D: I'm more of a cat person :biggrin: I still have work to do . . .
I like Dogs conversing with other humans, but I never know how to act around them, I mean do you stroke them? Or tell them your life problems? And I always end up feeling really awkward, especially when you can see their genetalia D: Although dogs are quite interesting, they have dreams and can cry! wowowowow

Is that the thing from Donnie Darko in your picture-y thing? My vocabulary is amazing.
Original post by Raza098
Is that the thing from Donnie Darko in your picture-y thing? My vocabulary is amazing.

Yes :biggrin: I love that movie!
Reply 138
Original post by Raza098
Coursework's been replaced with 'controlled assessments' at our school. I'm so scared! :-(

Same :frown: My first CA is in just over a week's time. Somebody please shoot me.

CA's aren't too bad at all, they're just like sitting an exam, but you shouldn't be nervous about them. You'll do a draft first, in English at least, and it'll be marked, you'll be given targets and told to correct stuff and as long as you do what the teacher says, you'll be good.

We just got the results back for our first CA today, and I want to strangle my teacher. In the practice draft, I got a band 4 (no idea why they're in bands and not grades, but band 4 is about a B/A). I acted on every single comment, she read through it again and said I should get a band 5, so I memorized it and wrote the final draft pretty much word for word in the assessment and she gave me a band 3! :mad: I have no idea how that happened at all and I have no idea what to do about it.
Are any of you doing the Unit A exam for Maths in November?

Latest