The Student Room Group

muslims, once again

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Protoman2050
Do you want to now admit that Shia Islam is the real problem, not just Islam in general?

What problem? Israel's regional security?

See, shia Islam is zero threat to the American mainland. It poses no threat to Europe. None to Asia.

It is clear to anyone that sunni Islam has been the more violent and aggressive of the two. Why do we single out Shia Islam as the 'real threat'? The same reason we've got our missiles pointed towards Iran and not N. Korea - Israel.

Israel is not the world. Israelis are not sacred beings. There safety and security is not paramount over and above those of others.

Again, shia Islam is a problem to the American neo-conservative wetdream that is Israel. Is it the problem to the rest of us? Is it ****.
Original post by nosaer
You sound like a rat. It wasn't three pages in that you were cosying up to this Yankee sack of ..... and now you're calling him deluded, when you realise his hatred of Muslims and Islam is more to do with American hegemony than anything else.

You would have done well to not quoted me. :angry:

lool . I criticise Islam as a ideology, not muslims. My family and friends are muslim. Why can't I be critical of American foreign policy and Islam aswell?
You will find that in another post i criticised the other guy on his religion aswell.
Reply 262
What's wrong with having pride in your country? You make it sound like a bad thing.

There is no pride in fighting for the wretched ideals of a monstrous megalomaniac ally. Only despair, shame and misery.

Do you not see how quick he turns on you when he realises what you really are? The poor bastard.
Reply 263
Original post by manutd_champions
lool . I criticise Islam as a ideology, not muslims. My family and friends are muslim. Why can't I be critical of American foreign policy and Islam aswell?
You will find that in another post i criticised the other guy on his religion aswell.

You may do as you wish. Just don't look towards me for approval. Rat.

Now, what's wrong with American foreign policy? And with Islam?
Rome brought order to its area of the world. It tied together the Mediterranean

It gave the world the first functioning representative democracy.

There was one instance were a local king was displaced and all of his lands were annexed by the Romans. Despite being conquered, the people found that they enjoyed less taxation and more freedoms, particularly religious freedoms, as members of Rome than they did while they were an autonomous nation!

I don't get why you don't like this.

And stop acting like every single American with right-wing views is either stupid, insane, or evil. You don't think left-wingers have their own biases and prejudices?

The problem of applying foreign policy in the roman tradition is that it violates the soveriengty of nations. Who gave America the right to rule over the rest of the world? You seem to like democracy but not when it is applied to international affairs. America can do whatever it wants , it is not accountable to anyone.

The extreme right wing in America is stupid. Just look at some videos from O'reilly, Hannity, Pat Robertson and Dinseh D'Souza and you will see what I mean. Just look at this video from fox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60r2beeSa4U
The guy is using the Bible to analyse the economic crisis:eek: If thats not stupid I don't know what is.
Yes the extreme left has some silly people but not on the scale of the Tea party. They want to abolish the Federal reserve!!!! Man in Britain I am so happy we don't have this crap.
Original post by nosaer
You may do as you wish. Just don't look towards me for approval. Rat.

Now, what's wrong with American foreign policy? And with Islam?

Lool i don't require your approval. I was just stating a few points I don't like about American foreign policy.
If you want me to list whats wrong with American foreign policy we would be here all day. Violating the sovereignty of nations, mass killings as "collateral damage", being a constant hindrance to middle east peace process, doing anything to preserve American power , hypocrisy etc

I just don't agree with the claims of Islam. I was brought up in the religion, but in the end I didn't agree with the moral claims and the fact that God doesn't exist .

So I think it was a bit harsh to call me a rat.
Reply 266
Original post by manutd_champions
Lool i don't require your approval. I was just stating a few points I don't like about American foreign policy.

State them then. Why quote me?

If you want me to list whats wrong with American foreign policy we would be here all day. Violating the sovereignty of nations, mass killings as "collateral damage", being a constant hindrance to middle east peace process, doing anything to preserve American power , hypocrisy etc

Sounds pretty bad. What do you think the people on the receiving end should do about this? Do you think they have any recourse to take up arms?

Original post by nosaer
State them then. Why quote me?

Sounds pretty bad. What do you think the people on the receiving end should do about this? Do you think they have any recourse to take up arms?

That is a pretty difficult issue. I think as a general rule I would try to solve conflicts by peaceful means . So I think in terms of tactics I would try to organise mass movements similar to the Arab spring .

But I have never lived in a state where there are foreign occupiers, and every part of my life is contingent on the approval of occupiers.

The military struggle could work in terms of removing the occupiers, but also fail as in the case of Hamas and Israel. Hamas fires rockets, but the Palestinians see no improvement in their condition. I think if the Palestinians adopted a mass protest movement, then the international community may find it difficult to ignore their grievances.

So it really is a conundrum morally and in terms of tactics.

I onlyquoted you as I agreed on a particualr issue. I am sorry if you were offended:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending