The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flying Flowers
Islamaphobic is a made up word and concept. It was devleoped to eradicate any criticism of Islam by victimising people as racist or prejudiced. There is no such thing as Islamaphobia. I have a genuine disdain for Islam, for genuine reasons.
You have blown any argument you had, out the water for using this preposterous phrase.

All words are made up and Islamophobia as a concept is very real. Since 9/11 there has been racial profiling at airports for people with brown skin (I know that is more racism than Islamophobia but you get my point).
Original post by When you see it...
All words are made up and Islamophobia as a concept is very real. Since 9/11 there has been racial profiling at airports for people with brown skin (I know that is more racism than Islamophobia but you get my point).

I hate Islam because it is the mose intolerant, non-progressive, misogynistic, homophobic, bigoted, prejudiced religion in the world.

If that makes me Islamaphobic then I am a proud islamaphobe.
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
Theres a difference; the organisers NEVER said its Muslim only. The title is misleading; but after all its the Sun. They simply said they are HIRING alton towers for ONE day out of 365, to provide a atmosphere where Muslims can enjoy themselves without things that are forbidden for them.. and they said non-Muslims are welcome AS WELL.

having a white indigenous day only is like having a MUSLIM only event. but this event is open to all. its just organised by muslims who have gone the extra way to provide a muslim-friendly environment for one day a year

is it?
Reply 83
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
T-ros, how did I know this was you before I clicked it in the sidebar..

Oh, and a 5 year old Sun article, very nice

This.

ffs t-ros!
Original post by MonkeyMan2009
is it?

Well a Muslim only event would be open to all races so I would say the Muslim only event is more accepting, but nonetheless this event is open to all..
Alton Towers said any organisation could hire the park for a day.

OP FAIL :facepalm2:
This article was later followed by another.
The whole thing was abandoned - due to lack of interest in participation.
Original post by tehforum
This.

ffs t-ros!

:sexface:
I hate Islam because it is the mose intolerant, non-progressive, misogynistic, homophobic, bigoted, prejudiced religion in the world.

If that makes me Islamaphobic then I am a proud islamaphobe.

Do you agree with racial profiling of browns though? Anyway all mainstream religions have unsavoury histories so why Islam? Surely the Hindu caste (is that the correct spelling?) system is as bad as the sexist aspects of Islamic culture. Don't get me wrong, I hate the idea of Islam, but I hate all religions equally and always vouch for Muslims because, whether you deny it or not, they are bullied by intolerant Christians and Atheists.
Do you agree with racial profiling of browns though? Anyway all mainstream religions have unsavoury histories so why Islam? Surely the Hindu caste (is that the correct spelling?) system is as bad as the sexist aspects of Islamic culture. Don't get me wrong, I hate the idea of Islam, but I hate all religions equally and always vouch for Muslims because, whether you deny it or not, they are bullied by intolerant Christians and Atheists.

If racial profiling cuts on resources and allows security forces to more adequatley deal with a threa therbye saving lifes then I do agree with it.

Islam is more violent and hatefilled thah other religion and it is worshipped in a different manner to other religions and it is the biggest threat to my society. I am an atheist, however I would rather live in a Christian society as opposed to a Muslims society.

Christianity is not a threat to me, my society or way of life Islam is.
Reply 90
Well, if alton towers is gaining more money.
Thats all that matters. :biggrin:
Reply 91
The more you have 'such and such ONLY' days the more you encourage segregation and drive a barrier between peoples. It also can lead to hatred when certain people become jealous of these 'Only days' - it just seems better to not have these in my opinion.
If racial profiling cuts on resources and allows security forces to more adequatley deal with a threa therbye saving lifes then I do agree with it.

Islam is more violent and hatefilled thah other religion and it is worshipped in a different manner to other religions and it is the biggest threat to my society. I am an atheist, however I would rather live in a Christian society as opposed to a Muslims society.

Christianity is not a threat to me, my society or way of life Islam is.

...but if you are not religious, then why accept a Christian society? I don't get your argument that racial profiling saves resources, but I don't want to start a big debate/flame war so I'll just let it go. All forms of social conservatism and religious indoctrination are unfair on minorities (i.e. those with minority views, NOT necessarily ethnic minorities) IMO. A Christian society is unfair on Muslims and Atheists, but a secular society is not unfair on anyone.
Reply 93
Is music haram?
...but if you are not religious, then why accept a Christian society? I don't get your argument that racial profiling saves resources, but I don't want to start a big debate/flame war so I'll just let it go. All forms of social conservatism and religious indoctrination are unfair on minorities (i.e. those with minority views, NOT necessarily ethnic minorities) IMO. A Christian society is unfair on Muslims and Atheists, but a secular society is not unfair on anyone.

I would rather live in a Christian society than a Muslims society, is that hard to understand ?

Racial profiling saves resources as only 2% of terror attacks conducted or stopped have been whites, therefore it would make more sense to concetrate resources on profiling, stopping and searching people from specific cultures, ethnicities and nationalities, its just a very brief example.

And Muslims are a threat to our secular way of living.
Original post by TheFirstMohican
Muslims keep the spirit of trolling alive.

LOL so true. i luff how much muslims piss people off also theyre the only ones who serve fags if yer underage :pierre: im a fan of multiculturalism
Outrageous my tampon comment got removed.
Reply 97
Original post by Zitheris
Is music haram?

where the hell did dat come from.

btw check on gooogle. it complicated.
Original post by DontJudge
where the hell did dat come from.

btw check on gooogle. it complicated.

Most Muslims clerics say that it is Haram.

Latest

Trending

Trending