The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone doing Law buy the ELS book by Partington, or did they not find it necessary, because my hand is hovering over the buy and close button simultaneously.

Edit: Bought it. I regret so many things...
(edited 12 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by iRayf
I will be doing Computer science in September and I have finally received my accommodation today =DD
Hopefully I will be moving in on the 17th and to be honest I am really excited and nervous!!
Thanks for opening this thread btw, it really helps =)

P.S: is anyone here also doing computer science?

I'll be doing CS :smile: what accommodation did you get?
Reply 42
Original post by fran.ha
I'd get onto them then, don't sit around waiting. There are not enough houses in Canterbury for the amount of students there are.

Thanks!

Hopefully by the start of next week I will be sorted.

Coming down to view a few properties in next couple of days : )
Reply 43
Original post by Mo-knee
Anyone doing Law buy the ELS book by Partington, or did they not find it necessary, because my hand is hovering over the buy and close button simultaneously.

Edit: Bought it. I regret so many things...

I bought that book! ;D
****, i forgot im going to have to buy books again :frown:

I hope my house has a freeview recorder box. After being back to skyhd for 3 months it would suck not being able to tape everything and watch it later. And by everything I only mean sport
Reply 45
Original post by shanaynay
I'll be doing CS :smile: what accommodation did you get?

ahh NICE! :smile:
I've got into Parkwood flats, what about you?
Hah finally found someone doing the same subject, wooo
Original post by iRayf
ahh NICE! :smile:
I've got into Parkwood flats, what about you?
Hah finally found someone doing the same subject, wooo

parkwood flats are awesome, the kitchens are like five times the size of the normal parkwood houses where I was.,
Reply 47
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
parkwood flats are awesome, the kitchens are like five times the size of the normal parkwood houses where I was.,

:smile: hah yea I think Parkwood flats were my first choice, I like the idea of en-suite accommodations lol

Where are you gonna stay?

ohhhh and do you know how many people will be put into each flat? I've heard only 3 people in each flat? :O
Original post by iRayf
:smile: hah yea I think Parkwood flats were my first choice, I like the idea of en-suite accommodations lol

Where are you gonna stay?

ohhhh and do you know how many people will be put into each flat? I've heard only 3 people in each flat? :O

I was on campus last year, off campus somewhere this year. I was in a Thornden Court house.

Spent some time in Nickel Court last year as we had parties there, the kitchens were bigger. I seem to think 5 people were in each one, but not 100% on that. I don't think its 3 though. Which court are you?
Reply 49
I was on campus last year, off campus somewhere this year. I was in a Thornden Court house.

Spent some time in Nickel Court last year as we had parties there, the kitchens were bigger. I seem to think 5 people were in each one, but not 100% on that. I don't think its 3 though. Which court are you?

Ahhh I see! I was getting worried that I won't get my accommodation on campus as they've told me that Insurance students are not guaranteed, so I guess I was lucky to get into Parkwood :biggrin:

5? yea that sounds about right lol, I will be in Kemsdale Court =)
Original post by iRayf
Ahhh I see! I was getting worried that I won't get my accommodation on campus as they've told me that Insurance students are not guaranteed, so I guess I was lucky to get into Parkwood :biggrin:

5? yea that sounds about right lol, I will be in Kemsdale Court =)

Haven't been in that one but assume its the same layout
Reply 51
Haven't been in that one but assume its the same layout

ahhh, I hope so =)
so far two of my flatmates are girls :biggrin:
Original post by iRayf
ahhh, I hope so =)
so far two of my flatmates are girls :biggrin:

was with 4 guys last year, this year I'm living with 2 girls
Reply 53
was with 4 guys last year, this year I'm living with 2 girls

awesome , we are kinda on the same boat here lol.
Original post by iRayf
awesome , we are kinda on the same boat here lol.

meant 3 girls. Im literally next door to a pub, and directly opposite me in a house are 4 of my friends who are guys. Me being a lazy bastard and one of the girls being a clean freak - lets see how it goes
Reply 55
meant 3 girls. Im literally next door to a pub, and directly opposite me in a house are 4 of my friends who are guys. Me being a lazy bastard and one of the girls being a clean freak - lets see how it goes

ohhh, sounds like a nice location right there. hahh, good luck with that then :smile: I'm sure you will survive LOL
****, i forgot im going to have to buy books again :frown:

I hope my house has a freeview recorder box. After being back to skyhd for 3 months it would suck not being able to tape everything and watch it later. And by everything I only mean sport

I've been buying books for weeks :'( Trying to split the cost, a bit! Spent SO much already and that's not including text packs from the University :frown:
Original post by beffnee
I've been buying books for weeks :'( Trying to split the cost, a bit! Spent SO much already and that's not including text packs from the University :frown:

last year when registering for modules I got a blue book thing that had all the modules, and it said some books that wed need, I bought them all and only used one out of about 10. This year I'm not buying anything until my lecturers/seminar leaders tell me to
last year when registering for modules I got a blue book thing that had all the modules, and it said some books that wed need, I bought them all and only used one out of about 10. This year I'm not buying anything until my lecturers/seminar leaders tell me to

I'm a literature student. Sadly, it's a given that I'll need to use the books on my list XD And I have 5-6 books to read each week, so the number of books I'm needing to buy (and subsequent cost) is insane!

I assume yours are text books?
Original post by beffnee
I'm a literature student. Sadly, it's a given that I'll need to use the books on my list XD And I have 5-6 books to read each week, so the number of books I'm needing to buy (and subsequent cost) is insane!

I assume yours are text books?

last year some were textbooks, some were introduction to writing philosophy (really!) and some were primary texts. I haven't even opened the Sophocles one, but when I put it on ebay for 99p there were no bids

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending