The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You don't need to put your module marks but as far as I'm aware you need to put down your grades
ive been told by my school though, that you dont "cash-in" your grades until your final A2 results in the event that you resit some modules and get a better grade
Reply 22
I do admit I'm not too sure about whether you put the grades or not

At the end of the day, there is no harm in applying. Put alot of effort into the LNAT, because Oxford takes that into consideration when choosing who to interview.
its worth a shot
i know someone who got an offer with ABBC
hes just met his offer i think so presumably he got AAA overall

but it really depends on how convincing a case you make in the interview & ps- id think about that
all you can do with those AS results is state your planning to retake, and if you dont get in this year theres always the option of taking a gapyear (hopefully then with 3As) and reapplying

just by the by- why did you only do 3 ASs?
I was studying law as a 4th AS via distance learning in school. the sessions took place for 1 hour once a week over a webcam and i had to teach myself the topic prior to the lesson. subsequently the system connection failed on such a large number of occassions (ie there wasnt a connection through the internet and the sessions couldnt take place) that i was in a position where i wasnt getting feedback and was drastically falling behind.
it came to the point where i risked sitting the exam and putting a huge amount of effort into the Law course and possibly scraping a pass at the result of getting worse results in my three other subjects
or I could opt out of Law and focus on the three other subjects which is what i chose to do.
Obviously after this, i was disappointed with my B grade, but i can rectify that this year coming.
so if thats not a valid reason to only have done 3ASs then i dont know what is lol
Reply 25
Why didn't you do 4 at your school college? Again out of interest.
Begin an AS subject this year.
__Katy
You don't need to put your module marks but as far as I'm aware you need to put down your grades

How do you know whether or not we are supposed to put module marks because i am not sure because there is a section on the UCAS form for module grades
Reply 28
TomTeeTom
How do you know whether or not we are supposed to put module marks because i am not sure because there is a section on the UCAS form for module grades

That section is there if you WANT to put them down. So you can put them down, you just don't have to.

The only scenarios I would recommend putting them down would be very high As or a couple fo marks off of the A. Possibly.
Reply 29
Someone from my school still got in to Oxford, Christ Church for Law and German with AAB so yes I am sure it's possible!
__Katy
That section is there if you WANT to put them down. So you can put them down, you just don't have to.

The only scenarios I would recommend putting them down would be very high As or a couple fo marks off of the A. Possibly.

O.K but see i want to put my 5 A's at AS down but i don't want to put my module grade as i got one B. So do i put AS grade then leave module area blank?
Reply 31
TomTeeTom
O.K but see i want to put my 5 A's at AS down but i don't want to put my module grade as i got one B. So do i put AS grade then leave module area blank?

Me too, I got the 5 A's, but not across every module

Yeah, I THINK you just put the grade in. But I know you don't need to put the module marks, we had a person from Oxford come talk to us.
__Katy
Me too, I got the 5 A's, but not across every module

Yeah, I THINK you just put the grade in. But I know you don't need to put the module marks, we had a person from Oxford come talk to us.

oh o.k. Thanks
Reply 33
TomTeeTom

No you HAVE to put the module GRADE in. You can CHOOSE not to put the MARK in. So you could potentially put AAA 90/90/90 if you wanted to show you'd done really well or AAB 90/90/79 if you wanted to demonstrate that you only just missed an A. Or you can just put the grades. But you can't just not put them if they've been cashed in.
but you dont have to cash in any grades until the end of A2 do you?
Reply 35
with AAB?? no chance.
Bekaboo
No you HAVE to put the module GRADE in. You can CHOOSE not to put the MARK in. So you could potentially put AAA 90/90/90 if you wanted to show you'd done really well or AAB 90/90/79 if you wanted to demonstrate that you only just missed an A. Or you can just put the grades. But you can't just not put them if they've been cashed in.

How would you know if they've been cashed in?
Reply 37
TomTeeTom
How would you know if they've been cashed in?

Ask your school exams officer. There's no other way of finding out.
...seeing as:
- I'm brown
- I go to a state school
- Sometimes I find being articulate difficult so interviews are probably going to go badly
- The chances of me getting an internship/work experience is zilch

but on the up side:
- People from my school have gotten into Oxford (but more have gotten into Cambridge)
- My grades are decent/good

if you need any more details, ask =)
Original post by applestrudle
...seeing as:
- I'm brown

Huh? - If you're on about race, they WOULD NOT accept/decline on the basis of that.

- I go to a state school

Oxbridge says that they would not discriminant so as long as you can get the grades then it's fine.

- Sometimes I find being articulate difficult so interviews are probably going to go badly

Practice - Debating Society? Interview practice?

- The chances of me getting an internship/work experience is zilch

Not required for most subjects - just read

And also, as you may know, grades are one of the most important factors so we can't really rate your chances without them...
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending