The Student Room Group

Favourite movie quotes ever

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers........well then we're **** out of luck
:biggrin:
"Always" :cry2:
"They used to call me anal girl" Aha love 500 Days of Summer!
"Keep the change you filthy animal".
The power of christ compells you!!
"Of course its happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?"
"So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's going to change, I'm going to change. This is the last of this sort of thing. I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you: the job, the family, the ****ing big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, to the day you die."

Renton - Trainspotting
They didn't agree on much. In fact they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time and they challenged each other everyday... But in spite their differences, they had one important thing in common, they were crazy about each other.

The Notebook <3
Reply 108
"Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted. "

"No one cares if you die, Lisa, because you're dead already. Your heart is cold. That's why you keep coming back here. You're not free. You need this place to feel alive. It's pathetic. "

"Was I ever crazy? Maybe. Or maybe life is... Crazy isn't being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It's you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever. They were not perfect, but they were my friends and by the '70s most of them were out living lives. Some I've seen, some never again, but there isn't a day my heart doesn't find them."

Susanna "Girl, Interrupted"

I love this film so much XD!
"It's not who your are underneath, but what you do that defines you"

"The night is darkest just before the dawn"- A bit strange I know...but I love it :smile:

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure" - Awesome because its kind of true... :suith:The Matrix!
Reply 110
Come on, Crouching Tiger! Don't you hide that dragon! - Rush hour.. 3 i think

I am so... frick-in'... pissed! - White chicks

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. - Inception

Oh yeah? Well, your mother's ass is so hairy, it looks like Don King's about to pop out and say, "Only in America"! - White chicks :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Keith: We're here in a yellow truck and a road ahead of us and nothing but opportunities.

Natalie: In case you haven't heard, picnics, they usually take place outdoors.
Keith: Oh, is that what it says in the official picnic rulebook?

Keith: [spills liquid on chem table] Ohh god.
Natalie: Be more careful would you?
Keith: Am I gonna be in trouble for that? Are you gonna punish me for this?
Natalie: I might have to.
Keith: 'Cause you know how I feel about all that stuff.
Natalie: Look partner, you know the deal.
Keith: But those spiky heels really hurt me.
Natalie: Keith, you've been a bad boy and now you gotta pay the price
[Keith groans]
Natalie: [She looks at the people sharing their chem lab table who are staring] Do you mind?

Keith
Reply 112
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything"
Tyler Durden,
Fight Club
"The things I do for Jesus."

"I'm a Jew, I'm short, I'm homosexual, and I live in Sheffield. I'm f*****."

"How would you describe History, Mr Rudge?"
"It's just one f****** thing after the other."

"Can I be excused, sir? I've got a note."
"I don't do notes. Did Jesus ask 'Can I be excused the crucifixion?' No!"
"Actually, sir, I think he did."

"He comes highly recommended."
"So did Anne of Cleves."

"I think he thought he'd got me going, but in fact it was my Tudor Economic Documents Volume Two."

"I've heard of a crowded schedule, but this is ridiculous."

"You're going nowhere, boy."
"Is nowhere full of geniuses, sir? Cos then I probably do belong there."

"They all have to do it, don't they? Show you they're still in the game. Ooh sir, you devil."
"Have a heart. He's only 5 minutes older than we are."

"You've got crap handwriting, sir!"
"It's your eyesight that's bad, and we know what that's caused by."
"Sir! Is that a coded reference to the mythical dangers of self-abuse?"
"Possibly. It might even be a joke. "
"A joke, sir. Oh. Are jokes going to be a feature, sir? We need to know as it affects our mindset"

"What he's asking, is do you have a life, sir? Or are we it? Are we sir? Are we your life?"

"And all the mourning's veiled the truth. It's not "lest we forget", it's "lest we remember". That's what all this is about -the memorials, the Cenotaph, the two minutes' silence-. Because there is no better way of forgetting something than by commemorating it."

"But sir! I don't always understand poetry!"
"You don't always understand it? Timms, I never understand it. But learn it now, know it now and you will understand it... whenever."

"Look at you two, quarelling like an old married couple."
"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set?"

More to be added as and when I remember them. They're all over my History folder, as it happens, but why should I get up and find it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
What are your favourite movie quotes of all time, any film, any genre.

Some of my personal faves:

"What do you want?" "The world Chico - and everything in it" - Scarface

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!" - There Will Be Blood

"Oh my God Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white" - Mean Girls :tongue:

*Anything from any Quentin Tarantino movie*

"Sometimes I wonder... will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other? Then I look around and I realize... God left this place a long time ago"

- Blood Diamond.

"Is this some white ***** joke that black ***** don't get? 'Cause I'm not ****ing laughing Nicho-LAS. " - Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

"Say Aufwiedersehn to your Nazi Balls!" - Inglourious Basterds
"Momma always said, Life's like a Box of Chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!" - Forrest Gump
"You Talkin' to Me?" - Taxi Driver
Ferris Bueller: 'Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it' :h:

It's my favourite because it's so true.
Reply 116
"You shall not pass!!!"
Reply 117
Do you read the Bible? There's this little passage I've got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish an the tyrannies of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those of you who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Original post by mevidek
"Say Aufwiedersehn to your Nazi Balls!" - Inglourious Basterds
"Momma always said, Life's like a Box of Chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!" - Forrest Gump
"You Talkin' to Me?" - Taxi Driver

Love IB, Hans Landa is the best
Reply 119
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Love IB, Hans Landa is the best

Yeah, but then again I'm not really into Nazis... Goebbels is pretty hilarious, but then again the Bear Jew and the other smaller guys whose name has escaped me are the best in my opinion... But Hans Landa is a good character :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending