The Student Room Group

Favourite movie quotes ever

What are your favourite movie quotes of all time, any film, any genre.

Some of my personal faves:

"What do you want?" "The world Chico - and everything in it" - Scarface

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!" - There Will Be Blood

"Oh my God Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white" - Mean Girls :tongue:

*Anything from any Quentin Tarantino movie*

"Sometimes I wonder... will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other? Then I look around and I realize... God left this place a long time ago"

- Blood Diamond.

"Is this some white ***** joke that black ***** don't get? 'Cause I'm not ****ing laughing Nicho-LAS. " - Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Scroll to see replies

"What is the reason? Soon the why and the reason are gone and all that matters is the feeling. This is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it; but it is of course a lie. Beneath our poised appearance we are completely out of control."
Reply 2
"You got any holy water hahaha!" Frank Lucas, American Gangster!
Original post by boromir9111
"What is the reason? Soon the why and the reason are gone and all that matters is the feeling. This is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it; but it is of course a lie. Beneath our poised appearance we are completely out of control."

Nice :P Where is that from?
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Nice :P Where is that from?

Matrix Reloaded :wink:
Reply 5
"Taste like candy canes at Christmas"
-Moose from Step Up 2
Original post by Manzzzzz
"You got any holy water hahaha!" Frank Lucas, American Gangster!

I bloody love that film! :biggrin:
"These sausages are mouldy!"
"Shut up and drink your gin!"

:biggrin:
"It's a way we had over here for living with ourselves. We cut 'em in half with a machine gun and give 'em a Band-Aid. It was a lie. And the more I saw them, the more I hated lies. "
Reply 9
"Evil niblet f**k" from 'Igby Goes Down'. One of my all time favourite films.
"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask. "
Sometimes I'm a wimp for cheesy romantic lines

"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy. Asking him to love her" - Notting Hill

:cry2: :cry:
(edited 12 years ago)
'What in the hell's "diversity"?'
'Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship used during the civil war era'.
Reply 13
Original post by Little Hobbit
"These sausages are mouldy!"
"Shut up and drink your gin!"

:biggrin:

That always used to make me laugh when I was a kid. Ahhhh I still love that film! :biggrin:

- "In the eyes of the law, you are the more guilty of the two, for the law supposes that your wife acts under your direction."
- "If that's what the law supposes, sir, then the law is an ass!"
Reply 14
They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
Original post by vandub
'Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship used during the civil war era'.

Lol I love anchorman

"Why don't you go back to your home on whore island"

"hey, where did you get those clothes, the...toilet..store?"
Reply 16
Original post by vandub

Hahaha, YES! I'd better leave this thread pretty sharpish because I have been known to quote the whole of Anchorman from start to finish and I must restrain myself.
"Milk was a bad choice"
“Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?”

Danny: I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.

Withnail: I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.

Withnail: I'm going to pull your head off, because I don't like your head.

Withnail: You'll be pleased to hear Monty's invited us for drinks.
Marwood: Balls to Monty. We're getting out.
Withnail: Balls to Monty? I've just spent an hour flattering the bugger!
Marwood: There's a man over there who doesn't like the perfume. The big one. Don't look, don't look! We're in danger, we've got to get out.
Withnail: What are you talking about?
Marwood: I've been called a ponce.
Withnail: What ****ER said that?
Irishman: I called him a ponce. And now I'm calling you one, PONCE!
Withnail: Would you like a drink?
Irishman: What's your name, Mac****?
Withnail: ...I have a heart condition. I have a heart condition, if you hit me it's murder.
Irishman: I'll murder the pair of yous!
Withnail: [Close to tears] My wife is having a baby! Listen, I don't know what my f... acquaintance did to upset you but it's nothing to do with me. I suggest you both go outside and discuss it sensibly, in the street.

Withnail: Are you the farmer?
Marwood: Shut up, I'll deal with this.
Withnail: We've gone on holiday by mistake. We're in this cottage here. Are you the farmer?
Marwood: Stop saying that Withnail, of course he's the ****ing farmer!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094336/quotes

and many more from there; such a quotable film.
Reply 19
"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is that not why you are here?" - Gladiator

"MMMmmm! This is a tasty burger!" - Pulp Fiction

"Surely you can't be serious?" "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley" - Airplane!

Quick Reply

Latest