Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

looking for work

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im 15 looking to get a motorbike when im 16 so need to start saving my money and need a job as soon as possable:mad::cool:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrisharris)
    im 15 looking to get a motorbike when im 16 so need to start saving my money and need a job as soon as possable:mad::cool:
    You cant work in supermarkets or other retail store till your 16 and left school on the last friday of june. You can do paper rounds, working in newsagents, or doing odd jobs around the house to earn cash.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    You cant work in supermarkets or other retail store till your 16 and left school on the last friday of june. You can do paper rounds, working in newsagents, or doing odd jobs around the house to earn cash.
    You don't have to have left school - I had a retail job at 16 during exams. You do, however, have to be 16 to operate tills.

OP: try things like babysitting, cleaning etc.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aemiliana)
    You don't have to have left school - I had a retail job at 16 during exams. You do, however, have to be 16 to operate tills.

OP: try things like babysitting, cleaning etc.
    Really most online jobs ask 'have you left school?' or however if you left in May in year 11 and did your exams in june then you were able to work.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really most online jobs ask 'have you left school?' or however if you left in May in year 11 and did your exams in june then you were able to work.
    I think that's just more to look at time/commitments. I got my job pretty early in year 11. I was the youngest person they recruited, but they still took me on.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think that's just more to look at time/commitments. I got my job pretty early in year 11. I was the youngest person they recruited, but they still took me on.
    Oh right, they probably liked you so snapped you up lol, where was it you worked?
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, they probably liked you so snapped you up lol, where was it you worked?
    Haha, or they were desperate! I worked for WH Smith.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, or they were desperate! I worked for WH Smith.
    Thats a good place to work though, and usually they ask people to have retail experience to work there cause i tried to apply and they cant accept people who dont have any lol.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good place to work though, and usually they ask people to have retail experience to work there cause i tried to apply and they cant accept people who dont have any lol.
    I'd already been working before I got that job, just not in retail. Maybe that's why. Or the fact that it was a small town, but then there are fewer jobs available because of that.

OP: have you had a job before?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 31, 2011
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.