The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

bizarrely i only had 2 people interviewing me, but yeah, they were really nice, fingers crossed though - we find out by friday
Reply 481
i had my interview today (afternoon session) and feel quite good about it. They seemed really nice, and I felt like they were genuinely interested in what I had to say. Optimistic...but we all know that's dangerous.

Fingers crossed for myself and everyone else here :smile:
BLERGH
I havent heard anything yet? :frown:
Is it most likely that ive been rejected?! D:
I dont get why their asking for references...
They already have one from my form tutor...
If they asked me for one... i wouldnt know who to turn to :/
Reply 484
for those of you with interviews, could you please tell us your bmat scores and stats, so we can see if we have any hope of receiving an interview
um
10A*s GCSE
7.2 5.8 5A BMAT
no AS levels as I do IB

most people they interview will be in feb, as of yet they have interview like 30 people, so don't worry
Original post by powder_monkey
um
10A*s GCSE
7.2 5.8 5A BMAT
no AS levels as I do IB

most people they interview will be in feb, as of yet they have interview like 30 people, so don't worry

Wow nice BMAT score! What's your IB like? (I did IB as well) :smile:
Reply 487
Original post by paul272

Original post by paul272
for those of you with interviews, could you please tell us your bmat scores and stats, so we can see if we have any hope of receiving an interview

Relatively low BMAT scores in comparison to what I've seen around: 4.9, 5.2, 3.5A
GCSE: 7A* 4A
AS: AAAA
Prediction: AAA*
Interview in a weeks time!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by paul272

GCSE: 8A*s 2As
AS: AAAA
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: 6.6, 6.1, 4.5A
um haven't done it yet, in my final year, but have been predicted 43 :smile: and thanks, i was bloody surprised
Reply 490
Original post by paul272

errr...

GCSE: 10A* + 1A + 4 Dist
AS: A A A B (B = French taken a year early :s-smilie:)
A2 Pred: A*A*A* B (B = French...already achieved...same as above :s-smilie:)
BMAT: 5.2, 5.2, 3.5A (relatively low compared to others who have interviews

Oh and A* prediction in EPQ
Original post by beckswilkinson
They won't allow CVs they just specified they wanted references. That was all :smile:
Guys don't loose faith on your bmat I did really bad and have an interview next week!

How bad is really bad?

Don't say 4.9 4.9 3A just because it just gets above average.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just to confirm, I don't think anyone who has had sections below average has been offered an interview yet (apart from in letter scores) - true or false?

Edit: After checking the stalking page, there seems to be an exception so they don't seem to be using the averages this way.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Davidragon
Just to confirm, I don't think anyone who has had sections below average has been offered an interview yet (apart from in letter scores) - true or false?

Edit: After checking the stalking page, there seems to be an exception so they don't seem to be using the averages this way.

I definitely had below average in section 2 but I guess they're just looking at overall application.
basically from what i understand, they look at your overall application, and then if you have got over a certain overall score in the bmat, you then get an interview
Original post by Davidragon

100% false.. I have said this before but my BMAT was 5.5 4.3 2.5B (two sections below average) and I have an interview next week. UCL definitely look at the whole package, after all being a doctor isn't just about academics it's about the person you are too.
I'm not international either guys, so don't lose hope!!!!!
Reply 496
I understand getting an interview is based on everything (ps, academia, w/e, volunteering, extra curricular) but when they are deciding to offer you a place will they take all of that into account or is it solely based on the interview?
All these non-internationals getting interviews is scaring me :s-smilie:
I've seen some of you guys around UCL in groups, smartly dressed and looking a bit nervous and scared. Don't worry, do your best, and good luck all of you! UCL is great!!
Original post by mraz
I understand getting an interview is based on everything (ps, academia, w/e, volunteering, extra curricular) but when they are deciding to offer you a place will they take all of that into account or is it solely based on the interview?

I was wondering the same thing....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending