The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Kouties
Interview was an utter shambles. So gutted!!!

Hey what exactly went wrong?
Silly question (and obvious answer, but I just need reassurance :redface: )

All males for interviews wore suits right?
Original post by Constricule
got an interview!

When is it? :smile:
Reply 923
Original post by hslakaal
Silly question (and obvious answer, but I just need reassurance :redface: )

All males for interviews wore suits right?

Yes, most definitely.

:biggrin:
What should females wear? I would rather be comfortable and myself, but is everyone dressing up uber smart? Also, can someone who's experiences the interview give a rough idea of what they focus on?
yeah. I would also find it quite helpful if I had a rough idea of the interview format. I know that they give you the bmat section 3 essay as part of the interview but I seemed to have forgotten the question so I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me; I recall doing the freedom of expression question but beyond that I have no idea what the question was about???
Reply 926
Original post by Constricule
yeah. I would also find it quite helpful if I had a rough idea of the interview format. I know that they give you the bmat section 3 essay as part of the interview but I seemed to have forgotten the question so I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me; I recall doing the freedom of expression question but beyond that I have no idea what the question was about???

They give you the essay before the interview, so you can have a look at it and remember what you wrote about.
Reply 927
Had my interview earlier today! Guys, if you're anything like me you will probably be stressing out pretty bad-don't. They are ridiculously nice :smile: or at least they were to me! They seemed (just my experiences) on the bmat for maybe 5 minutes, and from the personal statement they extrapolated a lot of questions! Atmosphere was nice, everyone wore suits, its overall actually quite a pleasant experience :smile: Any questions feel free to ask!
Reply 928
Original post by Fazza192
Had my interview earlier today! Guys, if you're anything like me you will probably be stressing out pretty bad-don't. They are ridiculously nice :smile: or at least they were to me! They seemed (just my experiences) on the bmat for maybe 5 minutes, and from the personal statement they extrapolated a lot of questions! Atmosphere was nice, everyone wore suits, its overall actually quite a pleasant experience :smile: Any questions feel free to ask!

Hey! Any academic questions(on biology or chemistry...A level stuff)??? Also..why do you want to study medicine...or why UCL??? Were the questions on the BMAT essay very challenging? Any any other tips :P
Reply 929
Original post by Fazza192

Can I ask how long your interview was? Mine is tomorrow.
Still heard nothing :frown: March has never felt so close, UCL give me an interview already!!!
Original post by instrumentalist
Still heard nothing :frown: March has never felt so close, UCL give me an interview already!!!

There is still the best part of 2-3 months!!! Chill :wink:
Reply 932
can you just leave the building and go home after your interview?
Reply 933
Original post by jooles1
can you just leave the building and go home after your interview?

You can, but when I had mine everyone stayed for the tour. I think the general consensus was that you don't want to leave anything to chance :wink:
Reply 934
Original post by Radekal
You can, but when I had mine everyone stayed for the tour. I think the general consensus was that you don't want to leave anything to chance :wink:

was yours earlier in the day then?

I have mine at 3ish
Reply 935
Original post by jooles1

I have mine at 3ish

Yeah mine was at 10am :smile:
Reply 936
Original post by jooles1

I have mine at 3ish

Yeah...if you're in the afternoon session, you just leave after your interview. You can still 'hang around' for a while...but you're under no obligation to stay. :smile:
Reply 937
Original post by elma
Can I ask how long your interview was? Mine is tomorrow.

Sorry for the slow reply, seeing as you just had yours, hope it went well! But mine was about 25 minutes I believe, they said they should be about 20 minutes, but that sometimes the interviewers get carried away.

How was it?
Reply 938
Original post by 768mango
I am panicing really badly now:eek:. when does UCL stop interviewing people? My stats aren't great because of my BMAT but
i have 9A*'s 2A GCSE
4 A's at AS level
really good work experience
I am from a school where no one got an A in any of the sciences at A level.

how are my chances, since UCL looks at everything. My BMAT is extremely low, but someone here with similar scores as me did get an interview. I got 4.4, 4.6, 2.5A :confused:

Just wait it out. I'm in a similar situation and they're nowhere near finished giving out interviews.

"During January, interviews are arranged mainly for graduate applicants, international students and students who are on a gap year. The majority of UK-based school applicants will therefore be interviewed in February and March."

Looking on the stalking page, only one person has had a February interview offered. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by beckswilkinson
I got an offer with
5A*s 4As at GCSE
4As at As
Bmat 5.5 4.3 2.5B
A week ago, which goes to show ucl look at your whole application... ESPECIALLY your PS.
And BTW in December the majority of interviews are for candidates who had outstanding PS, which the dean of admissions put aside before BMAT results were released.

hey, i would like to ask you some questions because the waiting is killing me.. I have applied for ucl, i have A*A*A*A*AA at A level and 7a*s and 2bs in igcse. my bmat score was 5.7 7.0 and 3.5B. i genuinely believe that i have a strong personal statement and had an interview on Tuesday which was the first date after the holidays.. i think i did well on the interview, i was well prepared although interviews have never been my strong hand. what do you believe?? even a medium appearance in the interview would offer me a place do u believe? i have always been pessimistic and that's why i use the phrase 'medium appearance' although i think i may have done well. plz reply the soonest
thnx
a person boiling from head to toe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending