The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
edit
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 161
in the acknowledgmenet it says that we MUST infrom them IN ADVANCE about dates we wouldn't be available. Does this mean we would have to send them the dates that we have exams, and anything elese before we would be called for interview?
Reply 162
Original post by eliteDNA

in the acknowledgmenet it says that we MUST infrom them IN ADVANCE about dates we wouldn't be available. Does this mean we would have to send them the dates that we have exams, and anything elese before we would be called for interview?

I think so. Seems a bit strange telling them I won't be available on blahblah days for an interview if they don't even interview me lol.
Acknowledgement came through :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys, I've just gotten an email notification from ucl saying that they have received my application. As I'm an international student I have to fly to london for interviee if I'm offered one. But I also have another application to another university that require me to fly to the uk for interview. Do I need to email ucl abt my other uni choices abt this so that they can schedule my interview concurrently so I do not have to go to uk twice? I haven't received any interview invitions yet though
Reply 165

Was just going to ask that. I have exams in January so I think I'll have to tell them all the dates I have exams.
I have Jan exams so will have to email about that but are any of you putting down potential interview dates? I've applied to Cambridge and I know that if I do get an interview, they will be from the 5-9th Dec. :s-smilie:
Original post by cbacba
Was just going to ask that. I have exams in January so I think I'll have to tell them all the dates I have exams.

Yeah that's a good idea..

Does anyone think it's OK to say: "Infact, if you do decide to call me for interview, could you please avoid the whole month of January as I'd hate to have to juggle A-level and interview prep'"? lol or is that too cheeky?

Do they even call up A-levellers in January much? I'd thought it'd mostly be gap-yearers or international people..
They do graduate entry interviews during the start of January anyway because they already know that their school leaving applicants will be taking exams then. It's in the medical school prospectus.
Reply 169
Does UCL allow exams to be taken in January? I heard that you have take all your exams in the summer.
Original post by Med-geek

Original post by Med-geek
Does UCL allow exams to be taken in January? I heard that you have take all your exams in the summer.

They recommend not to, but they don't have a policy against it. Weird I know :tongue:
Reply 171
Original post by marc_h94
They recommend not to, but they don't have a policy against it. Weird I know :tongue:

Alright then. Back to BMAT prep for me.
Reply 172
Hey guys, this was me last year so if anyone wants to ask any questions about stuff feel free to do so :smile:, i certainly spent a large amount of time worrying on tsr at this point.
Reply 173
Original post by Sereni
Hey guys, this was me last year so if anyone wants to ask any questions about stuff feel free to do so :smile:, i certainly spent a large amount of time worrying on tsr at this point.

how did you do in the bmat?
Reply 174
Original post by pan_93
how did you do in the bmat?

6, 6.2, 3.5 A- the averages last year were something like 4,8, 4.9, 3B. Aim for sixes, I just asked some of my hall mates and it appears we all got in the 6 region, they also often ask questions from the essay at interview.
Original post by Sereni
6, 6.2, 3.5 A- the averages last year were something like 4,8, 4.9, 3B. Aim for sixes, I just asked some of my hall mates and it appears we all got in the 6 region, they also often ask questions from the essay at interview.

You'll be the 1000th person I've asked but, how long did you prepare for BMAT?
Reply 176
Original post by Someone123123
You'll be the 1000th person I've asked but, how long did you prepare for BMAT?

i went on a kaplan weekend course which was something like 9-5 along with a few hours prep outside of it. I wouldnt say the course was necessary as they basically gave us practice qns paired with some very simple rules for answering questions that are kinda obvious anyway.
Reply 177
in our school, we do modules in january. will this lower my chances of getting an interview/offer?
Reply 178
Acknowledged today yaaay :smile: anyone else? Seems to me like all of the unis are doing it randomly!
Acknowledged a few of days ago! Exciting stuff! :P Finally got all my acknowledgements. Started to think UCL didn't get my application...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending