The Student Room Group

What did you do for your 18th birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Went out for a family meal but nothing with friends. Problem was just got back from our lads holiday so me and most of my closest friends were all recovering - not in the mood to go out :tongue:
Hired a hall with a bar, had a fancy dress party with karaoke. Lots of fun :smile:
Went out for a meal with friends on the following saturday (my birthday was on the monday) and then a pub crawl with everyone that was 18+ :smile:
My parents got me drunk on cocktails at lunch and took me out record shopping, which was considerably more amusing than normal.
Original post by S_123
My 18th birthday is coming up in October and I want to do something but I have no idea what! I want to invite about 40+ of my friends but I don't know what to do. So I want to know what other people did for their 18ths and see if I can get any ideas :smile: If you have any suggestions, please tell!

So, what did you do for your 18th?

Edit: I'd just like to add that my friends are all relatively sensible and all girls (I go to an all girls school) so I don't know if a house party would be boring? :s-smilie:

Double edit: If anyone's wondering what I did for my 18th...nothing! :p:
The actual story is that there was a family tragedy only a week before so I definitely didn't want a party but 3 of my best friends came round to my house and brought me loads of party stuff and loads of family friends came round and my grandparents and uncle were there as well and we all had Dominoes pizza and played Articulate so it was actually quite nice :smile: And I got a birthday card signed by everyone in my year and people were so lovely to me. It was only the second day I'd been back at school. Although I was really, really upset that day, I actually had a really nice birthday :smile:

I invited 18 people from TSR to throw a party in town! :tongue:
watched a movie alone on my ps3.
Reply 126
Just went for a meal and had a few friends and family round. I've never been much of a party animal, not even when I was in my teens.
Reply 127
Original post by jhadjkura
Well my birthday is on 28th December, thus meaning everyone is celebrating xmas. My dad's side are all islamic meaning they don't celebrate. However there's alot on my mum's side and up until my 16th they all come round on my birthday, however to celebrate xmas and hand out all the presents, rather than celebrate my birthday. Also due to people spending so much on presents for xmas, i didn't get any presents(accept from immediate family) for my birthday.
On my 16th i went out to cinema then a restaurant with family. On my 17th i went out with a couple of friends for chinese and bowling.
However, due to it being so close to xmas, i'm not sure many people will be able to attend my 18th. Also i'm 18 before nearly all my mates meaning i can't go clubbing. I'm probably gonna book alton towers tickets for two days, book some hotel rooms for a night, then i can buy aload of alcohol and anyone that's 17 can still drink!!

Your not the only one, my birthday is december 28th too :biggrin:, think you should do what i do every year and have two birthdays. im just like the queen :biggrin::awesome: tehe.
It's my 18th birthday this week,I'm meeting up with a friend on my birthday for some shopping and drinks,a family meal in the evening,and trying out clubbing at the weekend,as have never done it before.Not entirely sure if I will enjoy it,if I dont,will probably just go to the pub with friends for a quiet drink then movie at someone's house.
which restaurant did you go too, its my 18th in a couple months and have no idea where to go??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending