The Student Room Group

Student finance say they'll pay my loan months after my university deadline

My University are asking for my first payment of tuition fees on 17th September, but Student Finance say they'll pay my loan on the the 1st February. Can anyone explain this to me?
Reply 1
The date your uni gives is for self-funding people and doesn't apply to you if you're getting student loans.

Your uni is well aware that student finance won't pay it until February. You have nothing to worry about. :smile:

Some unis want you to take your student finance letter (the final one with the barcode) along to enrolment for them to scan though, so you might want to check if you have to do this.
Some universities, mine included, want to see the form with the barcode to show they will get paid and just check it off a list. That usually happens at registration and a few days after that is when you get the maintenance stuff.
What heidigirl said :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by heidigirl
The date your uni gives is for self-funding people and doesn't apply to you if you're getting student loans.

This. It's all fine, Student Finance will pay their loan directly to your university later and you don't have to worry at all about any deadlines.
Thank you to all the lovely people who've reassured me! That's one less thing to worry about!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending