The Student Room Group

Depression society meet-up II (dates picked)!

Since we failed to kill anyone last time round, here we go again. The next Depression Society meet-up will be in Manchester in October, exact venue as yet to be decided (I'll be in halls, if I've got a decent sitting room and my flatmates don't object I'm happy to host), click here to say which dates you're available.

Be sure and sharpen your fangs folks! :colone:

Meet up is officially 22nd-23rd October, Manchester.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm in.

I will practice my biting techniques especially.
Reply 2
I may actually come.Haven't posted in the soc in a while, but I may come along to say hi to people anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by DayneD89
I may actually come.Haven't posted in the soc in a while, but I may come along to say hi to people anyway.

I haven't posted in a while either but I'm tempted by this. To say I live in South Yorkshire I have never been Manchester before. Was the camping trip successful?
Reply 4
Original post by johnbergqvist
I will come as long as it's not rowdy and everyones getting drunk/doing drugs :erm:

Not everyone will do drugs :erm:

About the best we can promise, I'd say.
Even though its up north, and cold and wet, I will be there (if I'm free), and if there is cider!
Reply 6
Original post by paper-wings
Even though its up north, and cold and wet, I will be there (if I'm free), and if there is cider!

Yes, yes you have to.
Reply 7
I will come as long as it's not rowdy and everyones getting drunk/doing drugs :erm:

Rowdiness: probable
Drink: undeniable
Drugs: possible
Biting: certainty

Even if you're not into most of the above, you're still welcome to come along and have some fun - if the meet-up lasts a couple of days you could always come during the day then leave in the evening when people are more likely to be drinking and stuff.
Original post by laut_biru
Yes, yes you have to.

Ha, guess I don't have a choice!
Original post by DayneD89

Would be good for you to come along and meet everyone :smile:

Wouldn't say we are a rowdy bunch. Drinking is no worse than sub-meets, in fact I would say at the last meet we were better behaved from *some* subs, drugs might be on the cards, might not, but there will be people who are sticking just to booze (myself included most likely).

Original post by Tw1x
I haven't posted in a while either but I'm tempted by this. To say I live in South Yorkshire I have never been Manchester before. Was the camping trip successful?

Be nice to meet you if you come, Manchester is a decent place for a night out. The camping trip was very successful, no-one died, no-one ended up (seriously) hurt (there was a very cases of people being bitten by various people :tongue:), and everyone had so much fun that apart from one of us, who had an appointment he couldn't get out of, we extended the trip for an extra night.

Original post by laut_biru
Yes, yes you have to.

This ^^ Excellent, look forward to meeting you :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Ha, guess I don't have a choice!

Well realised. Same goes for Soul, Cinny and Fire.

Cinamon
:hugs:

fire2burn
:love:
Reply 11
Original post by Tw1x

The camping trip was a great success: fun was had, meat was burnt, and no-one was seriously injured.

There will most certainly be cider. No power in the 'verse can stop me from brewing my cider. :cheers:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm not in the society yet :ninja:

But I'm interested :h: Whether I will actually have time is another matter, I work all weekends :frown:
funds/finding somewhere to crash/sleep/etc depending I may venture up deepest darkest wales :holmes:
Reply 14
Original post by whitepearlbaby
I'm not in the society yet :ninja:

But I'm interested :h: Whether I will actually have time is another matter, I work all weekends :frown:

Heh, I never actually joined.

Come anyways.

There will be booze, there may be drugs but not everyone will be doing them (I won't so you won't be alone in no drugs), but it will be fun!
idk I'm not sure. I tend to panic if alcohol is involved, I don't think i'd react well if people were stoned/high around me :colondollar:

If I'm completely honest, I'm very emetophobic (phobia of sick), so alcohol tends to make me really anxious too. But as SW said it's over a few days so if you wanted just come up one day, and not stay in the evening, limits the amount of alcohol? :smile:
Probably can't make it. Sorry guys. Have a great time and report back how it goes!
Original post by Sabertooth
Probably can't make it. Sorry guys. Have a great time and report back how it goes!

You will be missed :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Sabertooth

We will drink a toast in your honour. :beer:

Quick Reply

Latest