The Student Room Group

American Studies Applicants 2012

Hi,

just wondering if anyone else will be applying to do American Studies in 2012, i know i will be!

My AS results were what i was hoping for (AABB) and now i will apply this month for unis.

Not too sure what the 5 ones will be but at the moment Leicester, Kent and Sussex are definates :smile:

where do you guys want to apply?

Larsson

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Hello, I have applied to American Studies at certain Universities and really looking forward to studying a course which sounds incredibly exciting and varied. Predicted grades DDM.

What do you make of the reputation that American Studies seems to have?
Studying a BTEC in journalism and predicted DDD :smile: applied for Kent too yay!
American Studies is related to journalism which I eventually want to go into so I don't really think about the 'reputation' people think its a silly degree when you first mention it but then I argue about how it incorporates history,literature & media so its a lot more well rounded than what people think!
Reply 4
Some people seem to think its a softer degree since its a 'studies' but it is veyr multidisaplinary which i think will be good :smile:

i have offers to study 4 year American Studies courses at Leicester, Sussex, Kent, Essex and Swansea :smile:
Reply 5
I'm aiming to get into the Media industries, either Journalism or broadcasting (currently studying BTEC Media) ... I've applied to Nottingham, Birmingham and Hull - as I want to do the 4 year course which offers a year in America!

The fact that it is multidisaplinary is one of the main things that interested me in the course, and also the fact that America is an incredibly interesting and varied place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Larsson
Some people seem to think its a softer degree since its a 'studies' but it is veyr multidisaplinary which i think will be good :smile:

i have offers to study 4 year American Studies courses at Leicester, Sussex, Kent, Essex and Swansea :smile:

ooh i applied for essex too :smile: if they have enough funds then you get the year abroad without tuiton fees!
Original post by Philraw123
I'm aiming to get into the Media industries, either Journalism or broadcasting (currently studying BTEC Media) ... I've applied to Nottingham, Birmingham and Hull - as I want to do the 4 year course which offers a year in America!

The fact that it is multidisaplinary is one of the main things that interested me in the course, and also the fact that America is an incredibly interesting and varied place.

The good thing about journalism is that you don't HAVE to have a journalism degree its more about who/what you know :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by fairylights
ooh i applied for essex too :smile: if they have enough funds then you get the year abroad without tuiton fees!

cool! where else did you apply, was it for the 4 year course?
Reply 9
What sort of areas do you both think you'll be focusing on more for your option modules? I believe I'll be opting for more of the culture and history modules; it's great that you can decide between so many.
Reply 10
Hi I've applied for American Studies at Warwick, Nottingham, Leicester, Sussex and Birmingham and just received an offer from Leicester :smile:
Original post by Larsson
cool! where else did you apply, was it for the 4 year course?

kent (got an offer), portsmouth (got an offer), lincoln (offer) and canterbury

only applied for the year out for essex as I didn't want to add on extra expense haha :smile:
so looking forward to it though!
Original post by SDNY24
Hi I've applied for American Studies at Warwick, Nottingham, Leicester, Sussex and Birmingham and just received an offer from Leicester :smile:

ahh well done! :smile:
Reply 13
kent (got an offer), portsmouth (got an offer), lincoln (offer) and canterbury

only applied for the year out for essex as I didn't want to add on extra expense haha :smile:
so looking forward to it though!

sweet! american studies at all of the uni's?

what are your predicted grades/ as grades? if you dont mind me asking :smile:
Original post by Larsson
sweet! american studies at all of the uni's?

what are your predicted grades/ as grades? if you dont mind me asking :smile:

yeah! :smile: doing a btec so DDD works out at AAA for alevel hopefully I'll get it :wink:
what about you?
Reply 15
yeah! :smile: doing a btec so DDD works out at AAA for alevel hopefully I'll get it :wink:
what about you?

oh right, im also predicted the same, AAA, but im just doing regular A-levels (history, politics and economics) :smile:
Reply 16
Yay I've just got 2 offers! Birmingham ABB and Sussex AAB, 3 down 2 more to go :smile:
Original post by SDNY24
Yay I've just got 2 offers! Birmingham ABB and Sussex AAB, 3 down 2 more to go :smile:

congrats!!
Reply 18
anyone going to firm Leicester?
Reply 19
I've applied for english and american studies joint honours and have offers from nottingham and sussex for AAB :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest