The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty1993
thats what i want to know. i've also applied to manchester for PPE. i REALLY hope i get an offer! :frown:
good luck x

Another PPEist here! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard of anyone at any uni getting an offer for PPE yet... tense!

Lots of people have told me that Manchester hand out offers/rejections very quickly, as in you get a response within 3 weeks or so, do people generally find that to be true for all subjects?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 181
Course: Chinese
Entry requirements: 14/20 (French baccalaureate)
Currently studying: Philosophy, History/Geography, French Literature, English, Italian, German and Chinese
Predictions: 15.75/20
Other uni choices: Oxford, Durham, Leeds and SOAS

Anyone else for Chinese ? :smile:
Original post by Mousebudden
What course are you doing?

physics and theoretical physics lol :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by Bambirina
Course: Chinese
Entry requirements: 14/20 (French baccalaureate)
Currently studying: Philosophy, History/Geography, French Literature, English, Italian, German and Chinese
Predictions: 15.75/20
Other uni choices: Oxford, Durham, Leeds and SOAS

Anyone else for Chinese ? :smile:

I've applied for Japanese and Chinese:biggrin:
Reply 184
Original post by Rei_Rei
I've applied for Japanese and Chinese:biggrin:

Cool ! I love Japan(ese) too, my brother lives in Tokyo :smile: I'm actually visiting him again next summer and I can't wait !!
Do you already know Japanese and/or Chinese or are you taking them from scratch ?
Reply 185
Original post by Bambirina
Cool ! I love Japan(ese) too, my brother lives in Tokyo :smile: I'm actually visiting him again next summer and I can't wait !!
Do you already know Japanese and/or Chinese or are you taking them from scratch ?

I am currently doing A2 Japanese and GCSE Chinese (Mando) but my spoken language for both is terrible! Your brother is so lucky, I hope that'll be me some day soon. I've only every visited Tokyo but I'd love to see more of the country, particularly Kyoto, Okinawa and basically everywhere. Have you ever visited China, or a Chinese speaking country?
Reply 186
Original post by Rei_Rei
I am currently doing A2 Japanese and GCSE Chinese (Mando) but my spoken language for both is terrible! Your brother is so lucky, I hope that'll be me some day soon. I've only every visited Tokyo but I'd love to see more of the country, particularly Kyoto, Okinawa and basically everywhere. Have you ever visited China, or a Chinese speaking country?

Yes my brother is lucky but he deserves it :smile: he worked so hard to reach fluency in Japanese and to get to know the culture so well !
I went to Tokyo and Kyoto, they are both amazing :smile: I like Tokyo more though ... plus, my brother lives in Roppongi, which is the coolest area of the city :biggrin: haha I also went to Nara and I loved its feeling ! So much History ...
I'm going back to Japan next summer, to Tokyo and Yokohama for sure, then I'll surely be hitting up some Japanese beaches too !

I went to China last year :smile: I stayed in Nanjing for a week then I went to Shanghai, Xi'an, Taoyuan and Beijing. I loved Nanjing and Beijing for the feeling I had there ... their History is amazing .. I'd like to visit Hangzhou too, as it seems to have a great History as Nanjing and Beijing.
I can't really hold a conversation in Chinese but I can say the basics : introduce myself, talk about my family, my school, my trips, the languages I speak and order some food ! haha
What about you ? Have you ever gone to China ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Economics offer - AAB :smile:
Original post by theseeker
Economics offer - AAB :smile:

Congratulations!
The only uni I haven't got an acknowledgement from is Manchester. I hope they don't take too long.

Does anyone know when they start giving out offers for Management?
Original post by emmaaa88
Another PPEist here! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard of anyone at any uni getting an offer for PPE yet... tense!

Lots of people have told me that Manchester hand out offers/rejections very quickly, as in you get a response within 3 weeks or so, do people generally find that to be true for all subjects?

i called them up and they said that they have already given quite a few offers out. they said that we should hear from them the next two or three weeks, or posssibly now.
exciting times. :biggrin:
i called them up and they said that they have already given quite a few offers out. they said that we should hear from them the next two or three weeks, or posssibly now.
exciting times. :biggrin:

Oh no! :tongue: Thanks for sharing that info with me, I'll be on tenterhooks! It's nice that Manchester are so quick about things, it's good (for my sanity) that they don't draw out the tension!
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh no! :tongue: Thanks for sharing that info with me, I'll be on tenterhooks! It's nice that Manchester are so quick about thinks, it's good (for my sanity) that they don't draw out the tension!

i know!
what are your predicted grades out of curiosity? and gcse grades ? :tongue:
Reply 193
I've applied for A104 - medicine with foundation year :smile:) Anyone else?
Reply 194
got an offer yesterday for AAB to do Economics :smile:
Original post by hanlem
got an offer yesterday for AAB to do Economics :smile:

Same :biggrin:
Reply 196
Poltics w/ International Relations offer - AAB or AA+Welsh Bacc!

Well done to everyone else with offers too!
i know!
what are your predicted grades out of curiosity? and gcse grades ? :tongue:

A*A*A*A and 8 A*s and 2 As :smile: I am completely completely in love with the course! I never really felt particularly aligned to my subjects up to GCSE but then I started Economics and Philosophy for A level and never looked back :smile:

Congrats to Gallois, hanlem and theseeker!
A*A*A*A and 8 A*s and 2 As :smile: I am completely completely in love with the course! I never really felt particularly aligned to my subjects up to GCSE but then I started Economics and Philosophy for A level and never looked back :smile:

Congrats to Gallois, hanlem and theseeker!

they're amazing! you should definitely be fine!
but yeah i agree, i so philosophy and politics and i just love them so much! to be honest, i would rather go to warwick than manchester. but at this rate, i'll just be grateful if i get into any lol.
shouldnt be too fussy :P
Reply 199
Applying here for physics. Highest grade requirements (A*AA) out of my choices and it's above my predicted so I'll just have to hope for an offer and work my arse off!

Latest

Trending

Trending