The Student Room Group

A Level Subjects for Medicine: Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Human Biology

Can I do Medicine with Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and Human Biology. I dont want to do Maths because I know I will struggle with it. Anyone suggest any other good subjects??
Reply 1
Anyone????
Well I know people take Biology and Chemistry when doing medicine so your choices are clearly good. I am not sure about the other two but can`t see a reason why not if you get high grades. I would ask one of the med students to be sure though.
Reply 3
Psychology is a good 4th subject, not see as strong as physics and maths but still pretty good. Doing bio + human bio may be seen as just 1 a-level by some unit. Note that human bio is seen as 'soft' also.
Reply 4
Can I just ask why you are doing Biology & Human Biology?
Reply 5
Im thinking about dropping Human Biology after doing AS. I thought the more science subjects I do it'll be better and Im really interested in Biology.
Reply 6
Original post by gogo122
Im thinking about dropping Human Biology after doing AS. I thought the more science subjects I do it'll be better and Im really interested in Biology.

I didn't even know that a level existed, I wouldn't bother with both just do bio. They might not like it because it doesn't show you are well rounded and it might not be counted as a separate A-level, I heard some med schools count maths and further maths as 1.5 A levels instead of two, bio and human bio might be the same. Maybe do maths? or anything else you might enjoy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by gogo122

As above taking two subjects so similar may not count. You may want to contact the universities.

But most universities do accept human biology as I am currently taking this so it's up to you which one you want to take up.
Reply 8
As above most places dont count bio and human bio (so no point doing both) in the same why they dont accept math and further math
Reply 9
Ok, so I should choose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology(AS), Thanks for the advice everyone

Quick Reply

Latest