The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bsc Economics and Statistics/ Statistics, Economics and Finance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by chanchihei
same as you~~ going to the open day on 22nd February , now holding both math and stat, stat econ and finance offer from ucl , difficult to make the decision

You think they are guaranteed offers??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
yes, actually i have received the offer of math and stat formally from ucl already , before that , i received a similar letter as what i have received today as well, that's why i think 99% will receive offer
Reply 102
Original post by neverloggedin
Hope you have a good open day :smile:

Did they ask you for your UMS scores?

They did indeed. I think i gave it to them when i first got a confirmation email about them receiving my application.

Thank you!!!

ps will we be asked individual questions like why eco and stats etc
ps will we be asked individual questions like why eco and stats etc

I don't think so, from what I have seen on this thread, and the timetable coming with the letter, it seems that the day will be spent on getting familiar with UCL and the course you got offer from.

Basically, so you can decide whether the subject and Uni is for you.

I got the invitation for Economics & Statistics, and I believe that this is the second batch of invitations. So there will be another 1-2 batches left.
Dear all,

From what I've seen from this post there seems to be a slight negative view of the E&S and ESF courses at UCL. Having gone to the Open day today, I have to completely disagree.

The whole atmosphere around the university was azing, the courses itself looked very interesting and enjoyable.

I also met three lecturers, and they are very optimistic and know what they are talking about. I talked to a first year student there, and they said the myths about lecturers not helping you is simply wrong. She said you can go to there offices in your spare time, and they will gladlly help you out.

This time around there weren't as many Chinese as had been stated earlier, there was a mixture of British born, European, South Asians and of course Chinese.

Job prospects look good, with graduates going to top banking firms such as Goldman Sachs, Citi and JP Morgan. Others worked for leading global firms such as ExxonMobil and others worked in pharmetucial industry, where apparently they are very well paid.

I believe that there will be another 1-2 open days remaining, so the best of luck.

Kind Regards
Amazing not azing sorry.
Reply 106
Original post by stackemup
Amazing not azing sorry.

i was there too! Who were you?

Did your tour guide speak english because the one we had spoke very little so our tour was a bit pointless (especially cos she showed us the chemistry building instead of the economics one :confused:)
I was the tall white kid, and I'm not sure what group I was in because I came late.

I did however talk to the girl who was organising the tour, she spoke good English, but not sure whiter it's the same girl that you had.

Yeah, I don't think the tour was that great, we only got shown the library, main area, stats department and gym. For a place the size of UCL we should have had more shown to us. However, the facilities both academic and non did look great.

Manava are you going to be firming UCL????

Anyways manava
Ignore the anyways manava bit, typing on iPod touch, and it keeps on messing up my sentences.
Reply 109
Ignore the anyways manava bit, typing on iPod touch, and it keeps on messing up my sentences.

haha no problem. I will definitely be firming the offer! (if we get one obviously)

UCL did indeed look great. Are you in for Econ and Stats as well?
Yes economics and statistics.

I talked to Dr Pokern at the start of the presentation, and he said he has not rejected anyone after offering them an invitation to the Open Day.

Hope this helps,

Yeah I'm going to be firming it as well, after offer comes through.
Reply 111
Hi

Just a quick question, when did you guys hand in your application? I sent mine on 13 Jan and received an Email from Dr.pokern 2weeks ago for my previous high school results but do not have received any response till now. Am I actually rejected?. please help ! :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Invitation to open day on 7th, and that means 99% offer, YAY! So happy :smile:
Reply 113
Yes economics and statistics.

I talked to Dr Pokern at the start of the presentation, and he said he has not rejected anyone after offering them an invitation to the Open Day.

Hope this helps,

Yeah I'm going to be firming it as well, after offer comes through.

Thats good news!

Could you (and anyone else who had gone to the open day on the 22nd) send me an email on [email protected] whenever you get an offer please!

and congratulations for getting an invite for an open day!
Reply 114
Original post by Kei4454
Hi

Just a quick question, when did you guys hand in your application? I sent mine on 13 Jan and received an Email from Dr.pokern 2weeks ago for my previous high school results but do not have received any response till now. Am I actually rejected?. please help ! :confused:

handed mine early november. Pretty sure thats not a rejection. everyone, who didnt initially send there maths UMS marks, got that email so you are fine.

Best of luck!
Anyone attending the Open day on the 7th of March?
Reply 116
Anyone attending the Open day on the 7th of March?

yeah
Reply 117
If i doesnt receive an invitation for the coming open day, does it mean im gonna be rejected? Do u guys think there are some more open day coming? Im so worried:s-smilie:

C1 - 94%
C2 - 96%
M1 - 85%

Do u guys think my maths result good enough to get in?
Original post by kurmac
If i doesnt receive an invitation for the coming open day, does it mean im gonna be rejected? Do u guys think there are some more open day coming? Im so worried:s-smilie:

C1 - 94%
C2 - 96%
M1 - 85%

Do u guys think my maths result good enough to get in?

I am pretty sure there is 1 more open day. Have you sent your UMS results? Your UMS results are good but your personal statement and reference matters as well.

And have you done Further Maths (as it is highly desirable for this course according to the UCL's website) ?
Reply 119
I am pretty sure there is 1 more open day. Have you sent your UMS results? Your UMS results are good but your personal statement and reference matters as well.

And have you done Further Maths (as it is highly desirable for this course according to the UCL's website) ?

Im so worried at all. I think my ps and reference are good? i guess?
Yes im doing Further Maths AS atm
I hope ill receive the invitation soon :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending